Nepo extends

25 minutes ago, singe said:

This should please everyone except mick26,  deyres42, archiecat & palmer1 who were the only ones who voted not to renew in the poll.

On ly 80% wanted to keep Iacovetti though.

Never been much of a fan of his to be honest! Just think we need better if we're aiming for higher than 14th in league effin two!

Was ok this season (2 more assists than Branger) :peepwall:

13 hours ago, mick26 said:

Never been much of a fan of his to be honest! Just think we need better if we're aiming for higher than 14th in league effin two!

Was ok this season (2 more assists than Branger) :peepwall:

I know, but the owner hasn't got the funds!
Tin hat time!

13 hours ago, latics22 said:

Prob the best player we own!

And about our 6th best player last season after Clarke, Eddy, Iversen, Lang and Surridge.

Picks and chooses his games in my opinion (like most of the 'French lads') but when he's on it probably one of the best wide men in the division.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

And about our 6th best player last season after Clarke, Eddy, Iversen, Lang and Surridge.

Picks and chooses his games in my opinion (like most of the 'French lads') but when he's on it probably one of the best wide men in the division.

Inconsistency isn't just a trait of the 'foreigners'.  There are plenty of others in the current and recent squads that blow hot and cold (mainly cold).  Big reason for being where we are.

8 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

😮 when you put it like that, it brings home what a tough act it will be to replace The Famous Five.

I like Nepomuceno and hope that he kicks on next season as he undoubtedly has real talent.

Also, I imagine that Zeus would like to stay here next season if he is first choice keeper.

When you look at who has gone, particularly the players mentioned above, the rebuild needed looks all the more daunting. Signing players, getting a manager who then has to turn them into a cohesive unit, players who won't have been his choice in the first place. We aren't leaving league two anytime soon, not from the right end anyway. 

8 minutes ago, True Tic said:

When you look at who has gone, particularly the players mentioned above, the rebuild needed looks all the more daunting. Signing players, getting a manager who then has to turn them into a cohesive unit, players who won't have been his choice in the first place. We aren't leaving league two anytime soon, not from the right end anyway. 

Don't worry, the Lemmy's will be using their vast pool of contacts to recruit players who will add quality and value to the squad.