In reality we've had the two worst league position finishes in his first two consecutive years at the club in my lifetime, if we make that three I don't think he will get away with blaming Corney or the near on 40 (is it?) non playing staff he's managed to jettison during his tenure.

I'm all for restructure but with that you must see change for the good, its undeniable that we are on a downward trajectory and every effort needs to be made to address that.

There is a ray of light in the statement even to a degree where I may get on board again but you have to question why he couldn't of gone down this route months ago.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

In reality we've had the two worst league position finishes in his first two consecutive years at the club in my lifetime, if we make that three I don't think he will get away with blaming Corney or the near on 40 (is it?) non playing staff he's managed to jettison during his tenure.

I'm all for restructure but with that you must see change for the good, its undeniable that we are on a downward trajectory and every effort needs to be made to address that.

There is a ray of light in the statement even to a degree where I may get on board again but you have to question why he couldn't of gone down this route months ago.

I can't see any bright lights at the end of the tunnel either. Most of the staff are just replacements, or replacements for replacements, not  restructuring. I'm struggling to see how any savings made in the non playing/non coaching staff.
The only 2 decisions I have agreed with are appointing Scholes, he had to try that, and reappointing PW. And look how they turned out.
Every decision has been incompetently decided or executed.
I thought he was an unlucky owner at first...

10 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Slowly slowly don’t you know?

Btw - The Grammar Police have asked me to inform you that it’s ‘couldn’t have not couldn’t of’ 😎

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Slowly slowly don’t you know?

Btw - The Grammar Police have asked me to inform you that it’s ‘couldn’t have not couldn’t of’ 😎

Nothing to do with grammar. Just entirely the wrong word🙄😂

• Like 2

12 hours ago, kowenicki said:

The ownership of the stadium, land and buildings, presents an additional challenge, as the previous owners appear to have placed them in a separate company, over which the football club has no control. This includes the Boundary Park pitch and stadium, the surrounding car parking and practice facilities and the new North Stand. It means a considerable amount of potential income is being lost to the Club, and in some respects, additional expenditure is incurred. 

The ownership arrangements in relation to land, buildings, the Oldham Event Centre and related assets has greatly diminished the Club’s prospects of financial and playing success.  

Sorry but, in view of some of the optimism on this thread, am I missing something dramatic that other people have read in the statement?

Personally, I find it very difficult to look beyond the above 2 points contained within the statement. It's as though he's saying he didn't know about the land/stand separate ownership issues !!! I find that almost impossible to comprehend and, if true, raises huge credibility issues.

The rest is just standard stuff we've heard before at various times and may partly have been produced to answer the Trust's previous question around a SWOT analysis etc.

As for possibly 3 years to get back to where we were when he bought us - thanks a million - really, thanks.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Sorry but, in view of some of the optimism on this thread, am I missing something dramatic that other people have read in the statement?

Personally, I find it very difficult to look beyond the above 2 points contained within the statement. It's as though he's saying he didn't know about the land/stand separate ownership issues !!! I find that almost impossible to comprehend and, if true, raises huge credibility issues.

The rest is just standard stuff we've heard before at various times and may partly have been produced to answer the Trust's previous question around a SWOT analysis etc.

As for possibly 3 years to get back to where we were when he bought us - thanks a million - really, thanks.

Maybe people want to believe (against their better judgement) that there is hope. (When we know we’re screwed) 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, losesome said:

Like him or not it is clear that the previous owners have left him with one hand tied behind his back.

Maybe it's time all those who haven't bought their season tickets to show their support and lets stand up and be counted!!!  - Lol

losesome - I have a nice, 5 bedroomed country property for sale for £1M - it's called "Woodlands". Now, you will be buying the "name" of the property, together with 3 rescue cats that live in the garden and a rabbit (complete with hutch). I`ll retain good title to the bricks and mortar and surrounding freehold land  and will only charge you a peppercorn rent for the first 12 months. We'll then have a chat next year about the subsequent rent you can pay to me for the privilege of residing at Woodlands and feeding my pets. Of course, get your solicitor (Bodgit & Scarper) to check things through first and then wire me the money next week.

Nice doing business with you. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

What optimism? All I am seeing is that it's vaguely positive but will be judged on actions. 

• Like 5

So some initial analysis of The Plan.
Apply Who, What, When, Where, Why &  How and progress so far in the 2 years to all that and it's sparse.
He's acknowledge more to come, but it really needs it.

Free flowing football

Who   

What    Answered

When 

Where

Why   History of club and preference.

How  UK Academy, Worldiwide Academy & Coaching. But that just invites another How.

So far: Glimpses.

League One 3 years, Champ 5 years (challenging at least)

Who          

What         Laudable and managed target

When        3 & 5 years

Where         

Why           Fans & his expectation

How

Progress so far:  Going backwards

Stabilise and self sufficient finances

Who

What

When      

Where   

Why        Obviously answered

How

Progress so far: No accounts, but also no obvious signs

Players who add value to the squad

Who        

What       

When          Immediately

Where    

Why           

How       

Progress so far:  No obvious progress, indeed even the players that have progressed have taken quite some time to adapt.  There is a whole How, When, Where, why for that alone.

Financial disarray at takeover  (Often mooted, but any examples?)

Who

What

When

Where

Why

How

Progress so far: No discernible improvement, indeed HMRC court action suggest no improvement despite being apparently settled.

Ownership of the land amalgamation/maximising return

Who

What

When

Where

Why

How

Progress so far: With the FLG looking to complete purchase, it looks as far away as ever. Note, how could he not know that was not included in the price, after being around for months.

Commercial Income increase

Who       1811 Media  Pat Cluskey

What

When

Where

Why

How

Progress so far: Backward. Flitted between commercial staff, outsourced, back in house. No discernible plan at all.

Increasing Fan base

Who

What

When

Where

Why

How

Progress so far: Backwards, by his own actions, despite an increase in season ticket sales prior to his takeover.

Support & growth of the Academy & Scouting network

Who

What

When

Where

Why

How

Progress so far: Backwards. Lost 2 Academy heads, one although brilliant had a rapid promotion so no opportunity to gauge progress. Team were a couple of wins in the last 2 games staved off finishing 2nd from bottom. Comfortable mid table last year.

Engage and obtain support of fan base and stakeholders

Who     

What

When

Where

Why

How

Progress so far: Belated attempt to engage in the Trust, misguided engagement with Kevin Birkett, poor management of sponsors

Reducing overheads in non playing staff

Who  

What

When

Where

Why

How           Amalgamed an admin role with Academy, Company Sec taking on another role

Progress so far: Unlikely, as many positions merely replaced, some rejig of admin forced. Miniscule savings in comparison. Most savings have come from losing a manager and not replacing quickly-hardly a strategic decision. Turover in excess of 100%.

Improve  coaching/management
Who

What

When

Where

Why

How

Progress so far: Worst aspect. 5th managerial appointment, coached banished to youths. No plan at all. Albeit Paul Scholes had to be a boil that was lanced, he messed that up

Governance.

Who

What

When

Where

Why

How

Progress so far: Laughable that Barry, his brother and paid contractor (lawyer) are going to provide any sort of challenge. Already 2 years too late. Chief exec welcome though, depending who it is.

His comms are very very slick i have to say. BUT it is nice to see some sort of plan announced that we have all access to and can basically manage our expectations against which i dont think is a bad thing. First time anyone has ever done that and its good to see. I'm 50/50 over him if im honest as i can imagine the club was not in a great position and the fact parts of the ground and pitch are owed by seperate entites is just horrible. the team that went out on the pitch when we got relegated from lg 1 had more than enough quality in it so he'd done his job from that point. the bit we dont know is how much of his medling caused issues behind the scens that actually relegated us because moral was low. anyway i dont think he'll be going anywhere and just hope he can get it sorted and working. i kind of hope we get a foreign head coach whose used to working under that sort of owner but will have to see

30 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

I could have drawn up a plan like that myself over a few pints on a Sunday afternoon - and I wouldn’t be known for my plan drawing abilities. 

There’s nothing in it or to it. 

8 minutes ago, trickyrickyholden said:

100% this 

😮

It's not a plan.  It's a broad outline of recent history and future ambitions.  

The important bit is the reference to detailed annual plans.  This is presumably where we will see things such as deliverable objectives for the season off the pitch.  Facilities/new pitch/sponsorship etc.  

On the pitch, people just want to see us winning, it's a simple as that.  If we were winning games and challenging for promotion but Abdallah was still in charge then the vast majority wouldn't really care how he was doing it.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

It's not a plan.  It's a broad outline of recent history and future ambitions.  

The important bit is the reference to detailed annual plans.  This is presumably where we will see things such as deliverable objectives for the season off the pitch.  Facilities/new pitch/sponsorship etc.  

On the pitch, people just want to see us winning, it's a simple as that.  If we were winning games and challenging for promotion but Abdallah was still in charge then the vast majority wouldn't really care how he was doing it.

It’s a Vision/High Level plan. And as such it is a decent first step. 

The degree of negativity on this forum is staggering. Damned if he does and damned if he doesn't? Pessimism and negativity in most responses.

I'm personally pleased to see a plan / bit of strategy included, a couple of decent signings re-secured and a statement of direction from / for the club.

Do I expect all to happen? Only time will tell if we are all honest.

We can only watch this space. BUT please try and cheer up.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Chaddy14 said:

The degree of negativity on this forum is staggering. Damned if he does and damned if he doesn't? Pessimism and negativity in most responses.

I'm personally pleased to see a plan / bit of strategy included, a couple of decent signings re-secured and a statement of direction from / for the club.

Do I expect all to happen? Only time will tell if we are all honest.

We can only watch this space. BUT please try and cheer up.

Look we are at an all time low in most people lifetimes were you honestly expecting everyone to just suddenly "cheer up" now we've had a plan

Yes its a positive step from the owner to outline his intentions to engage with the fans some of the goals on their show a certain level of ambition which are achieveable.

However we are a long way from everything being tickety boo.