Interesting mixed reaction on here and understand the cynical views.  On a positive side, he has communicated with us - that is what we asked for wasn't it ?

He shares his objectives and the grim reality of what was going on behind the façade of sincere Corney interviews for the fans. It isn't a plan for sure but at least he has engaged. I get the need to rebalance the Business as clearly the Club costs are more than the income and there can only be one outcome of this reality.

For me, .actions and outcomes will determine if I believe him. Where I really struggle though is he must have surely communicated this vision/objectives/reality to the Managers who then came to our Club but then left. Barry Owen on the new Board - and yet he was part of the legacy leadership he is critical of.

As some have said on here - fine the Club is in a mess so needs top down restructure to get stability - but turnover of staff,  players and Managers - key open appointments when we should be starting to prepare for the new season weeks ago- just seems odd for such an experienced and successful Businessman to be taking so much time to get the basics in place.

I hope he is successful … and he keeps the communication flow with the fans … and we should give him a chance to be successful too .. that will only happen when positive actions and outcomes are seen by us all I get that … but let's try and be supportive -  for now at any rate !!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Harking back to what Corney's done is a cheap way of getting the anti--Corney brigade onside and trying to establish himself as a victim.

Well the Tory Party is still blaming Labour for its problems and they have been in power for 9 years!!!! God it seems like an eternity.

• Like 2

If he manages to get good young players in, then sells them, how can we get promotion or build a squad. If he wants to get to the Championship in 5 years then good players have to be kept. This is the Crewe model that may work for the odd season or two when we get lucky with players we can sell for big money, but it soon goes and we end up back at square one. Crewe managed to get to the Championship but on the whole are a L2 side. 

8 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

It's a tickling of the bellies of a tiny minority of fans who've been demanding to have their bellies tickled for two months. 

Meanwhile the rest of us feel no more confidence that anything will change or that we'll have a good chance of going up next season. 

Yet again, what a missed opportunity.

Imagine what might have been achieved over these two months had we kept it simple and been demanding decent early signings & a full staff of competent football and non football people in place?

Instead those demanding gas bills & words have just given him an easy "look, I've done some of what you asked" without having to do much at all. 

I say might have been achieved because I suspect he wouldn't have done a lot, if any, of such genuinely important stuff.

After the Trust's letter someone said "let's imagine we're a few months ahead and he's done none of that, now what?"

That's where we could have been now. Instead he's just fobbed people off and bought himself a few more months. 

Rub my belly AL...

Edited by L1onheartNew

8 hours ago, kowenicki said:

They aren’t portakabins at all to be fair.... but it’s another lazy and easy cheap shot I suppose. Knock yourselves out. 

Not it that I think it will even happen by the way. I doubt anything will appear. Who owns the land. OMBC? 

Prefabricated buildings? 

Hope I've got it right this time. 

46 minutes ago, al_bro said:

If he manages to get good young players in, then sells them, how can we get promotion or build a squad. 

Brentford I think have bought some players relatively cheaply and sold them on for a fair profit, whilst getting promotion to the championship and establishing themselves there. e.g Tarky

stands back and waits for someone with more info than me to shoot this down, as usually happens 😉

59 minutes ago, al_bro said:

If he manages to get good young players in, then sells them, how can we get promotion or build a squad. If he wants to get to the Championship in 5 years then good players have to be kept. This is the Crewe model that may work for the odd season or two when we get lucky with players we can sell for big money, but it soon goes and we end up back at square one. Crewe managed to get to the Championship but on the whole are a L2 side. 

It's what we've always done

1 hour ago, al_bro said:

If we bring in young players and invest the money back into the club wisely then long term its best for the club and will lead to on the pitch success too.

36 minutes ago, stevesidg said:

Brentford I think have bought some players relatively cheaply and sold them on for a fair profit, whilst getting promotion to the championship and establishing themselves there. e.g Tarky

stands back and waits for someone with more info than me to shoot this down, as usually happens 😉

Owner has done well. He's achieved everything with a modest investment of just over £100m 😂

9 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

But they've still made losses I believe. That's just transfer profit

.....of course....  but the investment now - including renting out of their new stadium to London Irish, will see them become self sufficient in the near future..... and £50m profit on transfers for Brentford should not be brushed under the carpet either, it’s unbelievable trading for a club of that stature, demonstrating what can be done.

Benham is a class act and a man with a proper business Plan. I live just up the road and know a few Brentford fans who give me the lo-down every now and again. They’re all so grateful he’s their owner and he one of their own.

18 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

It's what we've always done

And look where we are in the league structure. Good young players have to be found every season if the strategy of selling them is to work. But the way the Prem. clubs can gobble them up for peanuts these days I don't think we have a chance at youth level. We need to try and do what Posh do and actually spend money on non league players for a decent fee, and sell them on, or on AL's non league French connections.

1 hour ago, al_bro said:

And look where we are in the league structure. Good young players have to be found every season if the strategy of selling them is to work. But the way the Prem. clubs can gobble them up for peanuts these days I don't think we have a chance at youth level. We need to try and do what Posh do and actually spend money on non league players for a decent fee, and sell them on, or on AL's non league French connections.

Long thought we should have made ourselves the go-to destination for the local non league talent.

1 hour ago, singe said:

So it is either part of the cost cutting plan for a club of our size , or an inherited problem. I  doubt both at the same time. Another LS scoop.

He is a bit late with this....I think I mention it was reduced about Xmas time and I know  have seen it on Face ache as well

Edited by underdog

34 minutes ago, underdog said:

He is a bit late with this....I think I mention it was reduced about Xmas time and I know  have seen it on Face ache as well

It has been known by some for quite some time, yet Billy still told us we were at full capacity...