Other teams results

Support Shamrock Rovers since meeting their fans in the Isle of Man in 1997, and Eintracht Frankfurt since meeting their fans in Newport in '98, on the way to Cardiff with Latics. The dream is for Rovers to get through the first qualifying round (and second if necessary) of the Europa League and play Eintracht in the second/third. 

Follow the results of Burton Albion.

Also shareholder in Real Oviedo.

1 hour ago, Diego_Sideburns said:

Support Shamrock Rovers since meeting their fans in the Isle of Man in 1997, and Eintracht Frankfurt since meeting their fans in Newport in '98, on the way to Cardiff with Latics. The dream is for Rovers to get through the first qualifying round (and second if necessary) of the Europa League and play Eintracht in the second/third. 

Follow the results of Burton Albion.

Also shareholder in Real Oviedo.

I have a mate from Oviedo and a massive fan of them. I believe you have met Alvaro before ? 

On 5/26/2019 at 11:08 AM, wiseowl said:

There used to be a really close connection with Latics and Hibs.

Goes back to the pre-season tournament on the Isle of Man under Big Joe. There was us, Hibs, Bury, Stoke and a few others from memory. Hibs and us had by far the largest contingent of fans on the island and we developed a great rapport. Tony Henry was on the ale with us the night before one game - and surprisingly had a shocker the next day!

Me and my mate had a drinking/pool competition with a few Hibs lads - one of them ended up in hospital for a few days with liver problems (!), another in A/E because he walked straight into a lampost and we waltzed off back to our hotel chatting about "hard drinking scotsmen!". All very childish I know but great memories. (by the way - the pool competition ended England 10 - Scotland 0).

I also remember us playing them at BP pre-season in about 1987, they brought a decent following and it was carnage on Sheepfoot Lane after the match!

6 hours ago, ghostofcecere said:

I also remember us playing them at BP pre-season in about 1987, they brought a decent following and it was carnage on Sheepfoot Lane after the match!

Correct! That was the start of the end of the friendship between normal fans. The 2 "firms" however did team up a numnber of times thereafter. There was a huge pitched battle arranged once when we played Everton away. The Hibs casuals were on their way down for a "tear up" (headed for Warrington train station) but were stopped by the police and turned back. Pretty much petered out after that.