Tranmere ‘f*cking’ Rovers FC

I just don’t get how you couldn’t support the Phoenix club if it ever came to that. Do you even like football?

So long as there’s a team playing in royal blue at Boundary Park that’ll still be my OAFC💙. This club is about making special memories with your close mates and family like at Fulham away - the name of the limited company is completely irrelevant...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ryan said:

I just don’t get how you couldn’t support the Phoenix club if it ever came to that. Do you even like football?

So long as there’s a team playing in royal blue at Boundary Park that’ll still be my OAFC💙. This club is about making special memories with your close mates and family like at Fulham away - the name of the limited company is completely irrelevant...

I kind of get it mate.

If we folded and restarted ala Darlington, Chester and Hereford, i’d ‘Support’ ‘Follow’ that club, but I really can’t imagine it being the same, I don’t know what I’d do, I wouldn’t go elsewhere for a fact as I can’t and don’t get how you could just move to Rochdale and support them. OAFC was my life, now it’s in my life. Without them I don’t know what I’d do, it’d probably be the feeder club but it wouldn’t be the same.

Fingers crossed it’ll never come to that.

As I’ve said. 27 years old. One relegation. Two play off campaigns. Two last day survivals. I’ve had no success.

Best part is, when that day comes, I’ll enjoy for what it’s worth. Next year or five years. When we win promotion it’s gonna be messy and all this non success just adds to that. Bluebell to Scoobys we’ll be having a party hopefully next April, if not April 2023. I can’t wait.

You f*cking blues till I die’ 💙🧡

6 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

How the f*cking hell are they in a league above us next season.

Two years ago I laughed at the fact they were two divisions below us, how the f*ck are they now playing a league above us.

Questions, serious questions need answering ....

As much as I’m angry and have hate and want answers ..

I’m jealous .. so jealous.

21 years of hope. Two failed play-off campaigns and two failed JPT finals. Closest me and my generation have come. As you all know the stats of the longest of the 92 without success is us ..

Why couldn’t today be us, a 119th winner at Wembley to win the promotion ..

The one thing that makes me is happy is surely day in the next five years that’s going to be us, and f*ck me I have no doubt OUR town will make it a party.

We’ve got tears at Blackpool, QPR, Wrexham and at BP against Shezterfield.

They’ve memories of an 80 minute winner with ten men to return to the Football League and a 119th winner to win promotion.

One thing they’ll never have with Rochdale and Bury though is the Premier League.

5 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Based on fuck all, next year is our year. Surely we are due a bloody decent year. Automatics for us next year. 

When I first read the post, I read it as descent. Something we have been in for 20 plus years.

To be fair to Tranmere, They have mirrored our roller-coaster with the exception of the Prem.

They have a very good setup and much needed stability. Credit where credit is due.

Congratulations Trannies. Well done to all at the club. Overcoming adversity is not impossible after all.

Hopefully we follow suit; with one other exception...the indignity of the conference.

12 hours ago, disjointed said:

Perhaps the club is being run correctly which in turn breeds a great feeling of being in it together. 

11 hours ago, OAFC_ULTRA said:

Cant stand the whole attitude of how certain clubs are above us. We are were we are because we have been ‘run’ in an absolute shocking way by previous and our current owner. The entire club is an amateurish joke. On and off the pitch we are embarrassing and we dont have any sort of right to be above any other club. In my opinion we are lucky to be a league club the way we are run

What they said

9 hours ago, OLDHAMADE said:

The futures bright..........the futures Tangerine

It's enough to make you throw in the towel when you put it that way but I'd like to think we'll be a force to be reckoned with sooner rather than later.

Another season like the last will test each and everyone of us to the limit.

If we are to be a force to be reckoned with next season then we need to make 10 signings 8 of which need to be automatic 1st team starters. We need a Head Coach to be appointed who can be allowed to get on with the job.

With Mohammed and Abdullah in charge of recruitment their is no chance of that happening. Ive seen us relegated twice before this and we are going through exactly the same transition. Next season will be a relegation scrap.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, rudemedic said:

I can see 4 of those League 1 clubs being relegated next season. 

Bury are looking very good odds to join Bolton on - 12 points next season. They may well struggle to stay up given their finances irregardless. Bolton will probably be OK but they won't be getting promoted with their 12 point deficit. 

If a Championship club comes in for Norwood Tranmere are fecked. Banks is not a League 1 standard midfielder. Nevermind the rest of their squad. 

Accrington got a flying start this season but had relegation-ish form from Christmas. 

Rochdale will struggle as per usual. 

With 3 games to go we had making the Play-offs in our own hands. We can be above 4 of those teams in 14 months...

dont think the efl are finnished with noblot yet theres a small matter of failing to fullfill there final fixture can see additional points deductions yet ala luton starting on - 25 

Afternoon Latics.

Well, what a day for us yesterday.  Very fine margins in football,  and maybe we got the rub of the green on this occasion. Right now I still feel a bit numb to be honest,  slightly in disbelief that we actually did it, and all in all, quite emotional. It's been a weird time over the past 6 years or so, but just so happy we got back in the EFL and then kicked on.

Looking at Twitter today, some old threads have re-surfaced, including many from Bolton fans laughing at our relegation out of the EFL in 2015, and telling us they would never play us again. Just goes to show doesn't it - football is cyclical isn't it, and every club will have its triumphs and disasters if they wait long enough.

Over the past several years, our club and [most] fans have had to learn some perspective & humility through many very hard lessons,  and with that in mind, whilst immensely proud of what we have achieved, and enjoying the moment, I know it is a brief moment in time and things can change.  We are immensely lucky to have great owners and a stable, community focussed, club right now, but who knows what the future holds...... and so it is with you lot too. OAFC may feel in the doldrums at the moment, but look how we felt five years ago.

I have absolutely no doubt that we will meet again soon and renew hostilities, so until that happens, I will sign off, wish you good luck, and  maybe go for a lie down to process the implications of our last 24 hours.

Football eh ..... Bloody Hell!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, 24424 said:

Afternoon Latics.

Well, what a day for us yesterday.  Very fine margins in football,  and maybe we got the rub of the green on this occasion. Right now I still feel a bit numb to be honest,  slightly in disbelief that we actually did it, and all in all, quite emotional. It's been a weird time over the past 6 years or so, but just so happy we got back in the EFL and then kicked on.

Looking at Twitter today, some old threads have re-surfaced, including many from Bolton fans laughing at our relegation out of the EFL in 2015, and telling us they would never play us again. Just goes to show doesn't it - football is cyclical isn't it, and every club will have its triumphs and disasters if they wait long enough.

Over the past several years, our club and [most] fans have had to learn some perspective & humility through many very hard lessons,  and with that in mind, whilst immensely proud of what we have achieved, and enjoying the moment, I know it is a brief moment in time and things can change.  We are immensely lucky to have great owners and a stable, community focussed, club right now, but who knows what the future holds...... and so it is with you lot too. OAFC may feel in the doldrums at the moment, but look how we felt five years ago.

I have absolutely no doubt that we will meet again soon and renew hostilities, so until that happens, I will sign off, wish you good luck, and  maybe go for a lie down to process the implications of our last 24 hours.

You can renew your rivalry with Bolton now. I used to go and watch Bolton in the late 90' early 00's Id say for you lot thats a bigger rivalry isnt it?

Truth be told what you have shown is the value of having the right people in charge at the football club and how it can build momentum and lead to success on the pitch. We are a long way from that and we've been in the doldrums for a long time and don't yet look like coming out of it.

That said I do believe their are many people here are who are just waiting for something to ignite so one piece of success could change the psychology of the football club and lead to another quite quickly.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Back in the 70s we had Bolton, Burnley and Blackburn, all of which seemed to have a local derby feel to them.

Bolton had a good side and a decent manager in Ian Greaves, Big Sam was actually useful in those days 😉

One of the symptoms of our demise is that I don't care if Tranmere have some success , good luck to them. Suppose I don't see them as rivals anymore.Who will we play next season who we can consider as rivals and look forward to a good old fashioned derby game with?

2 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

One of the symptoms of our demise is that I don't care if Tranmere have some success , good luck to them. Suppose I don't see them as rivals anymore.Who will we play next season who we can consider as rivals and look forward to a good old fashioned derby game with?

Can only be Salford now until we get back to playing United again 👍

18 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

Aside from the already mentioned Salford, we've got Bradford (plus Macc). But that's about it, unless you have a connection to other parts of the country. 

Good to have Bradford - they're the team at #7 in our most played list (since the 85/86 season). Anyone want to guess at the top 6?

Give you a clue - we'll play 3 next season, and we played 2 others this (but won't next).

7 hours ago, 24424 said:

Afternoon Latics.

Top post. All the best to you. After what you suffered you deserve it. I hope our time comes one day.

17 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Good to have Bradford - they're the team at #7 in our most played list (since the 85/86 season). Anyone want to guess at the top 6?

Give you a clue - we'll play 3 next season, and we played 2 others this (but won't next).

Carlisle walsall and Swindon 2 others Bury and Tranmere ?

15 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Tranmere, Notts C, Walsall, Leyton O, Swindon, Southend?