Tranmere ‘f*cking’ Rovers FC

9 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Newport have also been to Wembley 4 times in 7 years. One was to play Spurs though. 

We haven't been to Wembley 4 times in 96 years. 

I think we'd manage 15k easily. 

Wembley is over used and utterly devalued. I've been to the new Wembley with friends supporting York, Stockport and Macc. Two of those were play off finals, the other the FA trophy. I don't agree with FA Cup semi finals being played there. At least I've seen Latics play in an actual cup final there. 

17 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Well done Aston #Villa on resetting their 'seasons without first team honours' clock to zero. Their 18 year wait was the 4th longest in English pro football. #avfc

The only longer ones?

3rd: Ipswich - 19 seasons #itfc

2nd: Everton - 24 seasons #efc

1st: Oldham - 28 seasons #oafc

Should nail that to the Clown’s office door ... or his fucking forehead 

Forget statements with no substance and promised talks with the Trust.  Talk is cheap.  

For the love of our loyal fan base - and your potential ST audience - show your commitment with some decent signings in the next fortnight.  Prove me wrong and get Lang signed up for next season and perhaps Surridge.  Decent GK & a flair midfielder.   Release a video statement “there you go, I’ve stepped up to the challenge .... now it’s the fans turn”.   Get a decent catch in who can motivate and deliver your “fast paced and technically good football” promise that’s prolific up top and watertight at the back.

That’s the only way you’ll secure anywhere near 3k STs again 

Edited by Midsblue
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Forget statements with no substance and promised talks with the Trust.  Talk is cheap.  

For the love of our loyal fan base - and your potential ST audience - show your commitment with some decent signings in the next fortnight.  Prove me wrong and get Lang signed up for next season and perhaps Surridge.  Decent GK & a flair midfielder.   Release a video statement “there you go, I’ve stepped up to the challenge .... now it’s the fans turn”.   Get a decent catch in who can motivate and deliver your “fast paced and technically good football” promise that’s prolific up top and watertight at the back.

Fans still wouldn't come back, to be fair, off the back of that. All those who said they'd be back when corney left never reappeared. It's down to winning. It's that simple

12 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

He could probably say with good reason the fans haven't stepped up so why should I...?

19 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

He could probably say with good reason the fans haven't stepped up so why should I...?

How many STs sold last season?  I think we did then we were royally mugged off before the events towards end of season into close season have added to the misery.

Besides; were punters.  It’s down to the owner to produce a team that grabs the fans interest to buy STs, not the other way around.  Doesn’t happen anywhere else in commerce when the existence of a company is wholly reliant in blind loyalty of the punter.

59 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Doesn’t happen anywhere else in commerce when the existence of a company is wholly reliant in blind loyalty of the punter.

A football club is unique in that way - although it is a business in many respects, it is also a passion and life for many, it is part of the fabric and structure of the town and community, and which team you follow is part of what defines you. This loyalty is present to varying degrees in all fans of a club.

You are correct in your statement for the most part. Whether the club is ‘wholly’ reliant on blind loyalty is a moot point. It is the core support that shows this loyalty, the occasional punter also has his/her part to play as does the financial backing of the owner.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

A football club is unique in that way - although it is a business in many respects, it is also a passion and life for many, it is part of the fabric and structure of the town and community, and which team you follow is part of what defines you. This loyalty is present to varying degrees in all fans of a club.

You are correct in your statement for the most part. Whether the club is ‘wholly’ reliant on blind loyalty is a moot point. It is the core support that shows this loyalty, the occasional punter also has his/her part to play as does the financial backing of the owner.

But that core support has reduced over the years so the rot has to stop (remember that campaign?) and turn the tide of fans leaving.  Only way to do that is success on the pitch starting with a major shot in the arm.  Hopefully the Edmundson sale gives Lemsagam the opportunity to convince the stayaways to come back.

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 12:19 AM, cornishblue said:

We are now the only league club other than Ipswich not to gain a promotion in 25 years and also one of only 8 clubs not to have played in the new Wembley. The other 7 are - 

Accrington 

Blackburn

Bury

Colchester

Crawley

Ipswich

Notts Forest

This is how it feels to be Oldham. 

I would prefer automatic promotion any day to having to go through the playoffs. Although it's good to have a day out at Wemley and win. It amazes me that a team that comes 7th. in this league can make more money from the playoffs than a team which has won the league. 

20 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

But that core support has reduced over the years so the rot has to stop (remember that campaign?) and turn the tide of fans leaving.  Only way to do that is success on the pitch starting with a major shot in the arm.  Hopefully the Edmundson sale gives Lemsagam the opportunity to convince the stayaways to come back.

😮 Not sure we would get away with that (*)

* ‘Just say No’ kids...

On 5/27/2019 at 4:37 PM, Latics and England said:

Not a prayer we would take 20k to a league 2 play-off final. 

We get so excited when we take 4k to a game, where are the other 16k coming from?

We would probably make five figures.

Probably the same place 32K for the league cup final turned up from I suppose. They were exceptional circumstances though.

On 5/27/2019 at 11:31 PM, yarddog73 said:

How tinpot discussing how many we might take to Wembley if we ever get there, got news for everyone it's no time soon with the fucking clowns at the wheel.

It's a discussion that regularly gets brought up all the time regardless how well we are doing. 

The discussion is not a reflection of people's views on the current owner of the club.

On 5/27/2019 at 4:37 PM, Latics and England said:

Not a prayer we would take 20k to a league 2 play-off final. 

We get so excited when we take 4k to a game, where are the other 16k coming from?

We would probably make five figures.

Have to agree. The core support has eroded badly over the years - and many people have found something "less boring instead" to do on a Saturday. Let's say, we'd just sneaked into the play-offs this season. Couldn't see us having mustered over 10k personally.

On 5/27/2019 at 12:19 AM, cornishblue said:

We are now the only league club other than Ipswich not to gain a promotion in 25 years and also one of only 8 clubs not to have played in the new Wembley. The other 7 are - 

Accrington 

Blackburn

Bury

Colchester

Crawley

Ipswich

Notts Forest

This is how it feels to be Oldham. 

Ipswich were promoted in 2000??

On 6/5/2019 at 7:59 PM, Magic Mikey said:

Oops, teach me to read things properly. 

I still have my Janet and John books if that is any help.

Christ only knows how any of us learned to read or write at all with ae and ng counting as individual letters.