Cricket World Cup 2019

Seeing as it is the summer (well almost) thought I would start this off with Justin Langer's comments about Warner and Smith, asking for the English crowds not to boo them. 

FWIW I think that he is right given that we are talking about a game that is supposedly played in the right spirit (even though ball tampering isn't within the spirit of the game). 

But a side of me thinks if the boot were to be on the other foot and this was being played in Australia, would English players be receiving Langer's support. 

Anyway I think that this could be our trophy for the taking, a glorious summer awaits. 

4 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

If Bangladesh turn up, given the Cardiff pitch is usually a turning wicket, that could be good too. 

I think the way England dispatched South Africa you may have to look at extended sightseeing. Worse places to be though. 

12 hours ago, disjointed said:

Seeing as it is the summer (well almost) thought I would start this off with Justin Langer's comments about Warner and Smith, asking for the English crowds not to boo them. 

FWIW I think that he is right given that we are talking about a game that is supposedly played in the right spirit (even though ball tampering isn't within the spirit of the game). 

But a side of me thinks if the boot were to be on the other foot and this was being played in Australia, would English players be receiving Langer's support. 

Anyway I think that this could be our trophy for the taking, a glorious summer awaits. 

The Aussie crowds were always so fair with Stuart Broad after his non-walk 😂

15 hours ago, disjointed said:

Bollocks to that. Warner and Smith shouldn’t even be playing. I hoped they are booed and the Aussies get their arses kicked every game. 

• 1 month later...

Impressive back to back wins for England to go into the semis.  Jason Roy makes a big difference.  Bairstow, Woakes, Joffrey and Stokes all looking good.  Finding form at the right time.

No doubt agonising semi-final defeat awaits.

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes sport gives you entertainment that is unrivaled, but surely the most ardent English cricket fan must feel a little bit of sympathy for New Zealand, the ball that hit Stokes and deflected to the boundary changed the game. Well done both teams for giving us a fitting spectacle for the final. 

24 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Sometimes sport gives you entertainment that is unrivaled, but surely the most ardent English cricket fan must feel a little bit of sympathy for New Zealand, the ball that hit Stokes and deflected to the boundary changed the game. Well done both teams for giving us a fitting spectacle for the final. 

I’m married to one and used to live there. But after all the sporting related heartbreak I’ve had from England and Latics over the years I couldn’t give 2 ficks 😂

And as I said to my missus, they can have the rugby one in a couple months time. 

What a sensational piece of sport that was. Stunning game. 

• 1 month later...

Archived