Pre Season 2019

1 hour ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Wouldn't be this sort of backlash if he was English. Good player happy he's stayed on. Miles better than Gardner when he turns up albeit that can often be inconsistent. 

Both are a big reason we dropped to this league and are still in it. 

You'd like to think the combined wages of the two of them could get us someone much better than either of them, however........

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

We need to sign a captain. There is nobody at the club who fits the bill...

Captain's are a bit of an English obsession. And an obsession of fans moreso than players at that...

The forrun's place little importance on them, similar to how they are about managers... 

Edited by HarryBosch

Here’s another question for you @kowenicki, what is Marco’s source of personal income? How does he put food on the table for his family?

Under normal circumstances, a football owner would have another source of income to fund their personal life. They would likely have been successful enough at their chosen profession to be able to own a football club in the 1st place.

Our owner was made to give up / end his interest in his chosen profession because of the rules/regs stipulating it was/is a conflict of interest. (1st alarm bell rings) So, how does he now earn his income? He most certainly doesn’t seem wealthy enough never to have to work again. (2nd bell). Does he pay himself and the Sporting Director a salary out of our modest budget? We don’t know, cos the accounts haven’t been submitted. (3rd bell)

Has the conflict of interest been resolved by him stepping down as owner/director of sport2jlt.com, or are there ways/means to navigate around that? (4th)

Anyone who comes on here as often as we do, indicating Latics plays a pretty significant part in our lives and isn’t suspicious of his motives, is either not paying attention, doesn’t care, or is deluded. I think you care... and I think you pay attention.....!

Edited by lookersstandandy

1 minute ago, HarryBosch said:

Is he not as entitled to do that as the owner of any other business would be? 

Depends how much it is. And what proportion of the total wage bill.
I'd say on average in L1 & L2 the Directors are net contributors of money though. 
We might not be totally sure on this reporting cycle.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Is he not as entitled to do that as the owner of any other business would be? 

Of course. He can do as he wishes. He can also run up an enormous expenses bill if he so chooses too.... but if he is and his motive in owning us was to provide himself and his brother an income, then that’s hardly a good thing - for us/our club - is it?

Just now, lookersstandandy said:

Of course. He can do as he wishes. He can also run up an enormous expenses bill if he so chooses too.... but if he is and his motive in owning us was to provide himself and his brother an income, then that’s hardly a good thing - for us/our club - is it?

No. No it's not. 

4 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Really?

OK, to answer the pedantic point.  He is entitled to pay whatever he wants. I'd assumed that was a given of course. Whether it is harmful is dependent on the level.
EDIT LSA said as much.

Edited by singe

19 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Here’s another question for you @kowenicki, what is Marco’s source of personal income? How does he put food on the table for his family?

Under normal circumstances, a football owner would have another source of income to fund their personal life. They would likely have been successful enough at their chosen profession to be able to own a football club in the 1st place.

Our owner was made to give up / end his interest in his chosen profession because of the rules/regs stipulating it was/is a conflict of interest. (1st alarm bell rings) So, how does he now earn his income? He most certainly doesn’t seem wealthy enough never to have to work again. (2nd bell). Does he pay himself and the Sporting Director a salary out of our modest budget? We don’t know, cos the accounts haven’t been submitted. (3rd bell)

Has the conflict of interest been resolved by him stepping down as owner/director of sport2jlt.com, or are there ways/means to navigate around that? (4th)

Anyone who comes on here as often as we do, indicating Latics plays a pretty significant part in our lives and isn’t suspicious of his motives, is either not paying attention, doesn’t care, or is deluded. I think you care... and I think you pay attention.....!

I have no idea. 

I ask again... What is your accusation? 

7 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

So so they got involved in Latics purely to pay themselves a salary.  

Genius plan.  Why didn’t anyone else think of that!? 

Ffs. Heard everything now. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bristolatic said:

It's nothing to do with race, colour or creed. It's simply that Lemsagam's players are mostly second rate. Nepomuceno is probably the best of them.

I made a light hearted jibe at Maouche being captain earlier in the thread, but I'm serious now.

Maouche is average at best. He has one really good game in about five. He can pick a worldy of a defence splitting pass at times; at others he can't find a blue shirt for love nor money.

He goes missing in games and you forget he's actually on the pitch. Inconsistent is the only way I can describe him. He's not dog shit, he's not a class act, just average and not involved enough.

That's not what I want from someone who's going to start every game because he is the captain. It's not what I want from someone who is actually the captain.

Does he organise players? No. Does he talk players through games? No. Does he yell at them to do the right thing when they make a hash of it? No. In short, is he a leader? No. 

I'm convinced that he will (probably) be the captain because the Chuckle Brothers think he's a cut above. And he's not. He's average.

Who would I have as captain? Probably Zak Mills. Experienced player who can organise from the back. Probably won't be afraid to be vocal. Probably won't get the chance while the clown's boys are in town.

Finally, FWIW, Maouche may well have been on 4 grand a week when he arrived. I don't believe he was last season and I don't believe he will be this.

You described banks at the start, didn't see anyone defending that light wieght, tackle bottler!

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Nepo isn't shite. You're in a minority of a couple of fools with that opinion. 

5 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

The sinister motives that you keep referencing Andy.

....I don’t know what his motives are, I assume you don’t too....? Would you like to know...?

....if we’re paying Maouche £4K a week, would you agree that was odd (possibly sinister?), given how good (I use this word loosely) he is? / How our owner doesn't seem to be increasing our budget from his personal wealth? How Sheridan, Wellens & Bunn viewed him?

Do you think £11k a week for Queensy Menig was good value?

Edited by lookersstandandy

11 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

....I don’t know what his motives are, I assume you don’t too....? Would you like to know...?

....if we’re paying Maouche £4K a week, would you agree that was odd (possibly sinister?), given how good (I use this word loosely) he is? / How our owner doesn't seem to be increasing our budget from his personal wealth? How Sheridan, Wellens & Bunn viewed him?

Do you think £11k a week for Queensy Menig was good value?

Lots of players earn in excess of their ability, if he were on 40k a week I would think it were odd, 4k is probably par for the course for L1.

Not convinced we were paying 11k for Menig directly, twas a very strange move for sure but can't say I lie awake at night worrying about it.

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

You described banks at the start, didn't see anyone defending that light wieght, tackle bottler!

I never mentioned Banks. Did I? But now he's been mentioned, another one who could only be arsed now and again and faded out of games if he got clattered.