Pre Season 2019

Day 3 [morning] video has just been pushed out by the fishul.....

....Maouche seemed to be in hot debate with Banide.... as well as giving big Urko a bit of a dressing down for something. It wouldn't be a surprise - as @Lee Sinnott has suggested - that he's being lined up to be captain.

God help us.

19 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Do they have to water 4G? Today’s video has the sprinklers going on it. 

It’s 6G. It’s so realistic that you need to water it and mow it regularly. You can even make Wembley Stripes on it 😂😂

• Like 1

For all the negative talk of how the current regime is run there are some aspects of communication which have improved. Not just the reports from the Morocco Trip but the report on official with the youth coach explaining the plans for the youth teams and the thinking behind announcing some of  the scholarships a year before they start was interesting too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, boyinthesnow said:

For all the negative talk of how the current regime is run there are some aspects of communication which have improved. Not just the reports from the Morocco Trip but the report on official with the youth coach explaining the plans for the youth teams and the thinking behind announcing some of  the scholarships a year before they start was interesting too.

No doubt there is a major PR exercise going on, let's see if the slowly slowly plan is being put in motion. 

22 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

One on Wednesday and one on Sunday. Evening kick offs but don't know what time.

I hadn’t actually taken the time to look, but Wed’s opponent, SCC Mohammedia is basically a 3rd division amateur club.... whereas Sunday, v Raja Casablanca is the Man Yoo of Morocco & last season’s runner up. The Stade Adrar is actually home to Hassania Agadir, who finished 3rd last season.

I find it interesting that the African Cup of Nations is happening right now, Morocco got knocked out 3 days ago - to Benin - with the Final being after our friendly v Raja Casablanca, so one assumes we’re not going to be playing anything like their 1st team?

We turned down a home friendly against Olympic Marseille too, for this.

Edited by lookersstandandy

5 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

We turned down a home friendly against Olympic Marseille too, for this.

Would we have played Marseilles 1st 11?

Yes we turned it down. Warm weather training and something better for the players than rocking up at little Wembley every day for a week. Will create a far better team bond.

Can't see why anyone is taking issue with this.

Do you reckon other clubs who have gone abroad preseason have their fans moaning? Doubt it

• Like 3

8 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Can't see why anyone is taking issue with this.

....I don’t know what you’re reading.... but I’m not taking issue, I’m merely speaking aloud having researched who we’re playing. Whether it’s been worth the cost vs staying at home and taking on OM and benefitting from gate receipts (whether their 1st 11 played or not - it doesn’t look like we’re playing Raja Casablanca’s 1st 11 either) will be self evident after the 1st few games.

24 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

....I don’t know what you’re reading.... but I’m not taking issue, I’m merely speaking aloud having researched who we’re playing. Whether it’s been worth the cost vs staying at home and taking on OM and benefitting from gate receipts (whether their 1st 11 played or not - it doesn’t look like we’re playing Raja Casablanca’s 1st 11 either) will be self evident after the 1st few games.

So if we win the first two it’s cos we went away and if we lose em it’s because of that too ? Regardless of quality of players ? 

7 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

So if we win the first two it’s cos we went away and if we lose em it’s because of that too ? Regardless of quality of players ? 

No. I meant, togetherness, team spirit, working hard for each other vs Maouche and his mates vs the home grown boys.