Pre Season 2019

11 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Those highlights are something else. Playing for a 0-0 in a friendly. You love to see it.

Sideways and backwards from the kick off. Total possession at the start, but hardly crossed the half way line. When they got the ball they ran straight at us.  I know its very early days, but it doesn't look good.

14 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Those highlights are something else. Playing for a 0-0 in a friendly. You love to see it.

May as well set your stall out early Kus,got to defend as there is nobody likely to be troubling the oppo keepers.

14 minutes ago, archiecat said:

May as well set your stall out early Kus,got to defend as there is nobody likely to be troubling the oppo keepers.

Think you’re right, he can only work with what he’s been given. We won’t go down but if we finish in the top half i’ll eat my hat.

50 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Sideways and backwards from the kick off. Total possession at the start, but hardly crossed the half way line. When they got the ball they ran straight at us.  I know its very early days, but it doesn't look good.

Mills looks the master of backwards passing.

Vera looks even more out of shape than when he arrived last season.

Sefill looked sluggish.

We will have to wait and see if they can improve. 

Edited by BP1960

39 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Sefill looked sluggish.

Maybe LB wants possession football even if it means 38 passes inside your own half. That should bring the fans back in huge numbers.

1 hour ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Think you’re right, he can only work with what he’s been given. We won’t go down but if we finish in the top half i’ll eat my hat.

I'm not that confident we will stay up. Will depend on teams being worse I fear 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

2 hours ago, al_bro said:

2 hours ago, archiecat said:

33 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Maybe LB wants possession football even if it means 38 passes inside your own half. That should bring the fans back in huge numbers.

Maybe he is adapting the tactics to suit the conditions, especially the heat? 

Focusing on keeping possession is something most top teams do in the heat. 

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Good point. I hadn't thought about that.

24 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I'm not that confident we will stay up. Will depend on teams being worse I fear 

Again, a more competitive league, it's tough down here but sooner or later we'll click and it's back to groundhog day in the third tier

9 hours ago, latics22 said:

A clean sheet against some Moroccan muppets, yiu can not judge a team off one friendly. 

7 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Quality side? They’re in the 3rd tier in Morocco. An amateur division. It’s embarrassing

4 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

3 hours ago, al_bro said:

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Sefill looked sluggish.

2 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

I thought there was a general consensus that pre season friendlies (especially the first one) are meaningless?

Far too early to draw any conclusions. 

😮 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

They also score the odd goal!

Edited by archiecat

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

I thought there was a general consensus that pre season friendlies (especially the first one) are meaningless?

Far too early to draw any conclusions. 

😮

That's a myth, you can tell a lot from players in friendlies, hence some trialists aren't taken on  and others are.

Running out of patience now . The mythical bigger budget appears to be another lie . In 50 years I don't think   I have seen a bigger cluster fck than this current set up. Cant see where our first goal is coming from let alone point .We must be favourites for relegation , and probably in the quickest time ever. We need a minimum 4 first team starters maybe 6 . Hope I am wrong but very depressing.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, penrhyn said:

Running out of patience now . The mythical bigger budget appears to be another lie . In 50 years I don't think   I have seen a bigger cluster fck than this current set up. Cant see where our first goal is coming from let alone point .We must be favourites for relegation , and probably in the quickest time ever. We need a minimum 4 first team starters maybe 6 . Hope I am wrong but very depressing.

No Morecambe are at 7/2 followed by Macc at 9/2, even I would be shocked if either of those two finished above us.