Pre Season 2019

5 minutes ago, maddog said:

I actually honestly don’t things can get any more embarrassing than they already are. It’s like how -15 C doesn’t feel any colder than -2 C. 

#numb

Or a two grand bottle of red doesn't taste any better than the forty quid option 

13 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

I can't stand wine of any description. They all taste like vinegar to me, so can we please find another analogy? Tesco lager versus Kronenburg, for example.

I did once have a glass from a magnum of Petrus that retails at about £3500 a bottle. I could distinguish it from Tesco lager... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

I can't stand wine of any description. They all taste like vinegar to me, so can we please find another analogy? Tesco lager versus Kronenburg, for example.

I'm no connoisseur, but if you think wine tastes like vinegar, you're drinking the wrong stuff

• Like 2

Never yet found a wine that had anything remotely resembling a pleasant taste, no matter how expensive it was. Maybe I've just got funny taste buds.

Now ale, that's a different matter altogether, but how did pre season 2019 turn into an alcohol related thread?

50 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Never yet found a wine that had anything remotely resembling a pleasant taste, no matter how expensive it was. Maybe I've just got funny taste buds.

Now ale, that's a different matter altogether, but how did pre season 2019 turn into an alcohol related thread?

Because we’re on all here half cut on a Friday night? 

God I wish I had more mates. 

Edited by League one forever

23 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

You need to keep going, its gets better with every sip

26 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Reliably informed (by a respected poster on here) that we were offered the chance to play Marseille in a friendly, but we're off to Morroco. They're now gonna play Accrington...

Wow. Surely nobody cares ? But will moan anyway ? I’ll get onto the Marseille chairmen with an apology soon 

Edited by simplythemostimportantkick

Had a sip of amazing 1963 Chateaux Mouton Rothschild way back in late 1970s, which was like smooth velvet with amazing depth of fruit filling your mouth. Never tasted anything better since (equivalent bottle today will cost £600 retail, £2,000 in a restaurant). 

1 minute ago, Fyldelatic said:

Had a sip of amazing 1963 Chateaux Mouton Rothschild way back in late 1970s, which was like smooth velvet with amazing depth of fruit filling your mouth. Never tasted anything better since (equivalent bottle today will cost £600 retail, £2,000 in a restaurant). 

Did it not upset your tummy with it being years out of date ? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Reliably informed (by a respected poster on here) that we were offered the chance to play Marseille in a friendly, but we're off to Morroco. They're now gonna play Accrington...

The day anyone cares about a pre season friendly... 

It’s not just the preseason friendly. We’re 4 weeks away from that Dale game, we have half a squad of mainly shite players, no captain, no CB’s, no goalkeeper, a totally incapable midfield unit and no sign of even a striker let alone a goal scorer.

We have a new head coach arriving in less than 2 weeks who won’t have a fucking clue about EFL 2 and as yet hasn’t even seen the U.K. never mind our stadium and training facilities and I wouldn’t bet against him having fucked off by Christmas.

I would say preseason friendlies are the least of our problems it’s just everything else!!

1 minute ago, oafc1955 said:

It’s not just the preseason friendly. We’re 4 weeks away from that Dale game, we have half a squad of mainly shite players, no captain, no CB’s, no goalkeeper, a totally incapable midfield unit and no sign of even a striker let alone a goal scorer.

We have a new head coach arriving in less than 2 weeks who won’t have a fucking clue about EFL 2 and as yet hasn’t even seen the U.K. never mind our stadium and training facilities and I wouldn’t bet against him having fucked off by Christmas.

I would say preseason friendlies are the least of our problems it’s just everything else!!

No problem to the man who won everything there is to win with Al Kuwait.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Frankie Bunn admitted that he didn't have a clue about League 2 not long after he was appointed. 

His early tactics, like playing for a 0-0 at Yeovil, are good examples of this. 

Knowledge of League 2 shouldn't be a prerequisite for the job, otherwise we are limiting possible applicants. The ability to quickly acquire knowledge of League 2 should be a current prerequisite for the role.