Pre Season 2019

19 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Dan Gardner played 20 games last season. He scored 2 and assisted 6 times.

Maouche played 34, returning 4 and 3.

Baxter's numbers were 29, 4 and 2.

How the fk Maouche got a new contract - especially given what he was reportedly earning - on his performance at his job and the other two didn't, is a disgrace. It stinks.

For context, here are some other comparisons;

Nepo, 42, 6 and 10.

Branger, 25, 5 and 8.

Lang, 42, 13 and 2.

O'Grady, 38, 7 and 3.

Look at the numbers.... there's no way he should've been offered a new contract. There has to be ulterior motives.

He’s always fit...can’t guarantee the other two would be fit this season.

plus, it makes sense to offer your best player a new contract. 

14 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Not sure how you can say that given the importance of Peter Clarke around the place last season... 

I’m talking on the pitch. 

We've had had a few good captains in recent times according to most here.  Made feck all difference really. 

27 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Dan Gardner played 20 games last season. He scored 2 and assisted 6 times.

Maouche played 34, returning 4 and 3.

Baxter's numbers were 29, 4 and 2.

How the fk Maouche got a new contract - especially given what he was reportedly earning - on his performance at his job and the other two didn't, is a disgrace. It stinks.

For context, here are some other comparisons;

Nepo, 42, 6 and 10.

Branger, 25, 5 and 8.

Lang, 42, 13 and 2.

O'Grady, 38, 7 and 3.

Look at the numbers.... there's no way he should've been offered a new contract. There has to be ulterior motives.

Statzzz

6 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I think Andy's point was that there are many on here who reckon he is an upgrade on DG, but the stats seem to suggest otherwise...

What was the word used somewhere ? Sinister or malicious ? Cba checking back. But I’m pretty certain that a suggestion of underhand goings on was atleast being hinted. I still think MM is better than DG FWIW. 

Apologies Andy if it wasn’t you that said it. 

7 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

We've had had a few good captains in recent times according to most here.  Made feck all difference really. 

Good point.

16 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

We have and most of them have contributed in keeping bang average squads in League 1, we shipped out Clarke and as a result went down and the same could happen again this season with a real distinct lack of leaders on and off the pitch.

It beggars belief that probably our most inconsistent performer from last season is even being considered as captain, based on what exactly?

Edited by yarddog73
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

What was the word used somewhere ? Sinister or malicious ? Cba checking back. But I’m pretty certain that a suggestion of underhand goings on was atleast being hinted. I still think MM is better than DG FWIW. 

Apologies Andy if it wasn’t you that said it. 

It was sinister... and it was me.

There is no way Maouche is worth anywhere near £4K a week.... and if we’re continuing to pay him that, I’m very suspicious.

2 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

There is no way Maouche is worth anywhere near £4K a week.... and if we’re continuing to pay him that, I’m very suspicious.

IF the £4k per week figure is true, I don't think anyone would disagree.

No 4th division footballer is worth over £200k per year in wages  (and that's probably before win bonus etc) - it's sheer madness.

4 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

You have had it in for most players brought in by the owner from day one (especially those bloody foreigners) and are totally one eyed on Maouche. 

If if you can’t see the lad has talent then you are blind. 

Just now, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Wouldn't be this sort of backlash if he was English. Good player happy he's stayed on. Miles better than Gardner when he turns up albeit that can often be inconsistent. 

100% correct. I think there is something ‘sinister’ about some of the reactions to some of our players... 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Anyone wanting to discuss that last point be super careful with what you may or may not imply...

5 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Are you calling me a racist Kow?

Am “I” call “YOU” a racist? Not at all. 

Are you saying someone in the club is a fraudulent shyster peddling players for personal gain??? Just askin’

Edited by kowenicki