This Quiet

Pre season training starts in a few weeks and we currently have no manager and a depleted squad...

Are we surprised by AL doing this as he would hate to have to pay wages now for no reason, its all gonna be last minute and the window will close with all the freebies already being snapped up..

3 minutes ago, fleetwood Blue said:

Pre season training starts in a few weeks and we currently have no manager and a depleted squad...

Are we surprised by AL doing this as he would hate to have to pay wages now for no reason, its all gonna be last minute and the window will close with all the freebies already being snapped up..

I was trying to work out how much he would save.

A month's of Scholes salary would be £25k. New guy unlikely to be on that.

IIRC the whole club was £3m. that's £250k saving. We have a half a team and most of the non football team staff, so what  is that. Maybe £1m more fooball staff?  That's approx £85k. So ball park he is saving £100,000 for the extra month. But most football cotracts run out on 30th June don't they? So it is the saving from July really, and that might not be so substantial.

1 minute ago, singe said:

I was trying to work out how much he would save.

A month's of Scholes salary would be £25k. New guy unlikely to be on that.

IIRC the whole club was £3m. that's £250k saving. We have a half a team and most of the non football team staff, so what  is that. Maybe £1m more fooball staff?  That's approx £85k. So ball park he is saving £100,000 for the extra month. But most football cotracts run out on 30th June don't they? So it is the saving from July really, and that might not be so substantial.

Yeah the savings must be minimal but id hazard a guess that the majority of our contracts ran to the end of the season like Clarke and Baxter..We are just going to be getting the last pick on any players in this Country when we eventually appoint a new manager in time for pre season training..At least he’s keeping with his motto Slowly Slowly..

Was just seeing the difference on the BBC pages to 11th June,

June 2018: 40 transfers involving at least one 72 EFL. 

June 2019: 27 trasnfers. And 6 are Northampton.

So far less activity this year across the board, so far.
My hunch is more lastminute.com activity as clubs are stuck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Owd Blue said:

In all my years as a fan I have never known it to be this quiet, not any genuine rumours on either a manager or players. The silence is quite scary 

In all your years as a fan you should know that no news is good news !

When the news does finally arrive it will be bad, :clown:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fleetwood Blue said:

We are just going to be getting the last pick on any players in this Country when we eventually appoint a new manager in time for pre season training..At least he’s keeping with his motto Slowly Slowly

Well that aged well !!!!!

Now, who the fuck is the new bloke?????? Never heard of him..

2 hours ago, fleetwood Blue said:

So with his track record at hanging around clubs and AL’s influence i give him 3 months

That's generous. It wouldn't surprise me if AL binned him after a poor pre season. After waiting all this time for an appointment, this happens. But, being honest, is anyone surprised? 

If Marco Chuckle ever had to prove what a clown he is and has no idea how to run a football club, he's confirmed it now. Yes, I'll still support the team, but I'm far from looking forward to the new season, and I'm dreading seeing who the first few signings might be.

Oh, I forgot, we've got Detective Redfleece advising, so we'll be ...

• Like 1