Laurent Banide

Personally I would like to welcome Laurent to Latics and wish him every success. I dread to think what he must think about the club and this group of "fans" he is joining if most of these posts were passed on to him (an translated if need before anyone else has yet another pop).

I'll judge him by what the he does and the impact he has on the coaching at the club and remember that he was not part of the "past" and to be honest he can't be worse than the quitter Scholes!

God help him at a meet the coach pre-season with some of the contributors on here! At least he's a fully qualified / badged coach unlike some of our historic crop of "managers"

Good luck!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Pretty much everybody was offside with Marco anyway. I’m glad he has gone this way, there is absolutely nobody left to blame now.

Wouldn't say I'm glad but agree with the sentiment.

My gut feeling is that things will start to really unravel quite quickly.

What's happening here, obviously enough, is Marco is going all-in on his plan for the club - which is that him and his brother sign the players and pick the team, and someone else stands on the sideline and waves their arms around.

Given just about everything that's happened since he took ownership, I don't think people are being optimistic if they have hope that it works out, I think they're being deluded. 

Things are going to get worse before they get better. 

Tell you what....shall we just wait to hear from Laurent on July 1st before we completely right him off! 

I don't disagree the appointment is a bit left field but FFS give the guy a chance to at least tell us what his plan for the season is before throwing him to the wolves. 

Any realist on here knows there was little chance of any credible British manager with any sort of track record wanting to join the club, the state Corney left it in, and the way AL seems to operate. 

I'm prepared to see what happens on the playing side over the next few months and see where we are at Christmas. 

If he's as bad as most on here are making out then he'll be gone by then anyway. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Tell you what....shall we just wait to hear from Laurent on July 1st before we completely right him off! 

I don't disagree the appointment is a bit left field but FFS give the guy a chance to at least tell us what his plan for the season is before throwing him to the wolves. 

Any realist on here knows there was little chance of any credible British manager with any sort of track record wanting to join the club, the state Corney left it in, and the way AL seems to operate. 

I'm prepared to see what happens on the playing side over the next few months and see where we are at Christmas. 

If he's as bad as most on here are making out then he'll be gone by then anyway. 

I doubt his plan extends much beyond picking up a wage but we wish him well.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Given he has never lasted more than a year anywhere, I'd be a amazed he has any sort of plan. or chance to implement one.

10 minutes ago, singe said:

Given he has never lasted more than a year anywhere, I'd be a amazed he has any sort of plan. or chance to implement one.

Having worked for over 15 years with Monaco Youth not good enough for us then 🙄 

Edited by tGWB

15 minutes ago, singe said:

For a Youth manager, yes. It's the 15 years since that are far more relevant.

ALs strategy I would suggest means we need a coach to develop young players  and foreign, players. 

I have not seen posted on here or any other media a better idea to help stabilise and build our Club

Laurent Banide with his extensive service with Monaco looks a positive first step to me  

Anyone still having it that AL and ML haven't consistently meddled in first team affairs - effectively undermining every manager they've appointed? As shit as some of the appointments have been there is now absolutely no denying where our problems lie.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

Also says in 2016 he managed Al-Kuwait

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuwait_SC

Also implies he was manager for the 2016-2017 season. 

That season they WON the league. One defeat all season with 70 goals scored. 

You seem to be Laurent’s no. 1 fan.

Either you’re his agent or he is Shez, heavily disguised. Sacrebleu!

44 minutes ago, tGWB said:

ALs strategy I would suggest means we need a coach to develop young players  and foreign, players. 

I have not seen posted on here or any other media a better idea to help stabilise and build our Club

Laurent Banide with his extensive service with Monaco looks a positive first step to me  

You'd imagine the standards at Monaco would be a fair bit higher than what he will encounter in Oldham so unsure as to what his 'experience' counts for.

But we wish him well.

• Like 1

Can he be that bad a manager?

According to today's Chron,  a number of the clubs that he's managed have had him back for a 2nd or even 3rd time ( anyone know what the manager churn is like in those Middle Eastern countries), even Monaco gave him another crack at the job, granted the results there the 2nd time around were abysmal.

4 hours ago, Jack_The_Lad said:

And there’s s reason why he’s managed clubs in the back of beyond ... could be because he a tactical genius like Ferguson or Mourinho , or a world class coach like Guardiola or Klopp ... or could it be because he’s shit 

I imagine it would be nice to be just a few Dirhams and Dinars behind him....

Maybe he's really good and just likes the lifestyle and money out there? 

Edited by HarryBosch

4 hours ago, Chaddy14 said:

Personally I would like to welcome Laurent to Latics and wish him every success. I dread to think what he must think about the club and this group of "fans" he is joining if most of these posts were passed on to him

Most negativity has been aimed towards AL rather than him directly hasn't it? (I've not read the whole thread and have no plans to).

Either way, he's a big boy - I'm sure he'll be fine. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tGWB said:

Oh this old chestnut again.

Their are about 50 other plans that could be used which will be more effective than the one currently being implemented by The Lemsagams.

3 hours ago, Londonboy said:

give the guy a chance to at least tell us what his plan for the season

I'd rather give him a chance to win some games.

This modern obsession with being constantly sweet-talked baffles me more and more every time.

Especially considering we've heard so little of any substance from most managers & owners for 20 odd years...

• Like 1