Laurent Banide

28 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Oh this old chestnut again.

Their are about 50 other plans that could be used which will be more effective than the one currently being implemented by The Lemsagams.

Financially viable and realistic ?

Post just one 🤔

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

I imagine it would be nice to be just a few Dirhams and Dinars behind him....

Maybe he's really good and just likes the lifestyle and money out there? 

Yep, likes it that much he's moving here. 

1 minute ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

God last summer was better. Frankie Fun and everyone dreaming of walking the league. Now we're all on the same page that we're doomed and I have no one left to piss off now. 

I’m still here with my eternal optimism my friend......   

not saying we’re gonna walk the league by any stretch

however we will win it

2 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Westerners in the Middle East call Kuwait, "Jail," or, "Prison," due to it's wide range of leisure opportunities. The only concession to fun is that they openly allow Iraqi prostitutes to walk the streets so that locals can grudge-fuck them for the war.

Still never heard tell of anyone being tempted to check out the football though.

5 hours ago, tGWB said:

ALs strategy I would suggest means we need a coach to develop young players  and foreign, players. 

I have not seen posted on here or any other media a better idea to help stabilise and build our Club

Laurent Banide with his extensive service with Monaco looks a positive first step to me  

How can he develop Youths when

a) he only has a year contract 

b) most of the Youths have been released. 

It's as far away from strategic as you can get. 

12 hours ago, tGWB said:

Financially viable and realistic ?

Post just one 🤔

Accrington Stanley, Rochdale, and Newport County.

Are any of those clubs bigger than us yes or no?

Accrington Stanley and Rochdale play in a higher division than us have they done so by having big crowds or a rich owner, or have they done it by shrewd and determined management?

Newport County had the 3rd lowest  budget in the division probably much lower than ours yet they got to the play off final and took 6 points of us in the process. Which oligarch or sheik bankrolled them? Or did they just get a good group of determined players recruited under sound pragmatic management.

Their is 3 plans better than ours straight away, all of which would all be financially viable.

Do you know what I could a plan for us for the next 12 months to make things better which would be financially viable.

Now we are about George Edmondson and the fee is due to be around £600k of unbudgeted money. I reckon what i'm suggesting wouldn't even cost half of that

- The owner and sports director stop interfering with team selection and let the manager/head coach get on with the job over the course of the season. The cost of which is a big fat juicy £0 the benefit will be greater harmony amongst staff and players at the football club and increased team spirit.

- Put in place a proper recruitment policy. Scrap the crap foreign players policy their are only 2 worth keeping and 1 (Nepo) has recently signed a new deal the other is Missilou offer him a deal and the tell the rest to do one. They are not worth the money they are getting paid. Put in place a Head scout and a data analyst and start building up knowledge of players particularly in Northern England.  Look at clubs academies and build up a knowledge of what players they have there. We have a huge number of championship and premier league clubs near us who have plenty of players who can come and do a job for us. Our location in this instance is our advantage, how much was the decision to come back to us in January by Callum Lang influenced by geography or Kean Bryan the year before. These clubs would much rather send their players to the likes of us than send them to the other end of the county to Plymouth, Exeter, Newport, or Yeovil. Many of them will be able to live at home as well so they will be more likely to be settled off the pitch probably resulting in more success on it. 

Not only should we be looking at young players we will need some senior players in there aswell. We need the likes of Clarke, Gregan, Sheridan, Eyres to come in and be leaders in the dressing room. Look for players who might be potential managers here aswell particularly ones who have aspirations of going into coaching as we could be the club they make the transition of player to manager.

I'm not reinventing the wheel with any of that. We probably have people at the club with a decent knowledge of players in the local area already but it would be far more effective signing these types of young hungry local players, and chiselled experienced pro's who could become young hungry managers than signing the next Omrani, Menig, Benteke, Vera, or Sefil.

- Engage with the consortium who currently own the land. Any sane individual would see this as an opportunity rather than a threat. Try and renegotiate the deals for the OEC and the ground rent for the club so that they are beneficial in the long run. Perhaps ask them to make an investment in the football club these people have the clubs best interest at heart get them on board then.

Now in conclusion are you sure their is no better plan than the one Abdullah is currently carrying out?

I'd love someone to splash bzillions on us but even so you can have all the money in the world and if its not being controlled by a group of intelligent determined and creative people it will go to waste. Alll I'm asking for is some prudence, some sanity and some pragmatism it would probably take us a lot further than some people think. 

We seem to have gone so long without success that some people think its neither possible or achievable. It is possible! we need to shift this mentality, its a problem at the football club and its even a problem with the town of Oldham itself too many people there just appear to have given up.

I will leave you with a quote one of my favourites from Margaret Mead "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful citizens can change the world in fact its the only thing that ever has"

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 9

48 minutes ago, singe said:

How can he develop Youths when

a) he only has a year contract 

b) most of the Youths have been released. 

It's as far away from strategic as you can get. 

Come on Singe youre better than that 🙄

It was only a few weeks ago that AL stated his vision (see attached) 

21FDEBA4-B0E1-464C-B397-7757A381B04D.png

Glossop Latic

Appreciate the update and just a quick scan suggests it has merit

Stand out points for me are attracting young local / northern players to develop and sell on (like George) and compliment the playing staff with a few experienced players.  Taking advantage of bigger local club talent makes sense in the short to midterm while we develop our own academy. 

However its unrealistic to expect the owner not to bring in any foreign players as he has already stated his intention to do so. 

Accrington Stanley seem to be a well run club, Rochdale have similar financial issues as we do but have had the benefit of both a decent FA Cup run and a couple of decent player sales. I am not familiar with Newport County finances but note they do seem to gave a good team ethic 

4 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

I imagine it would be nice to be just a few Dirhams and Dinars behind him....

So he's come to Oldham of all places to earn a pittance...

9 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

In what way is that a plan?

Dave, am pretty sure there isnt a gant chart to track progress against deadlines but for the first time, albeit due to fans increasing frustrations, AL actually declared in writing his ‘vision/intentions’

Acorns n Oak Trees hopefully 😊

1 minute ago, tGWB said:

Dave, am pretty sure there isnt a gant chart to track progress against deadlines but for the first time, albeit due to fans increasing frustrations, AL actually declared in writing his ‘vision/intentions’

Acorns n Oak Trees hopefully 😊

We can all have a vision.  Every business I've been involved with tends to have budgets and strategies.

38 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Come on Singe youre better than that 🙄

It was only a few weeks ago that AL stated his vision (see attached) 

21FDEBA4-B0E1-464C-B397-7757A381B04D.png

Literally the first 6 words. 

Oldham Athletic from 2019 to 2022.

3 years. 

First action since? 

Appoint a huge risk of a manager for 1 year. 

No correlation whatsoever to the "plan". 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, singe said:

Literally the first 6 words. 

Oldham Athletic from 2019 to 2022.

3 years. 

First action since? 

Appoint a huge risk of a manager for 1 year. 

No correlation whatsoever to the "plan". 

And meanwhile, as LS points out elsewhere, AL treats a local business like Eden Creative despicably. Little by little - slowly slowly - our club is being trashed, on and off the pitch.

If results are poor at the start of next season, things could get very ugly very quickly. I have no confidence or faith in anything that Coco says or does.

Dave_Og,  GlossopLatic,  Singe

Am sure we all have our own thoughts on how to best progress our Club

We all want our new coach Laurent Banide to be successful and bring back attractive attacking football back to Boundary Park, hopefully building our attendances

Financially, our results for season 17/18 are due on the 27th June and 'PriceofFootball'@KieranMaguire will be all over them for us.

We'll find out how much we were £losing a week and should get a handle on how much AL is having to tip in

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tGWB said:

Dave_Og,  GlossopLatic,  Singe

Am sure we all have our own thoughts on how to best progress our Club

We all want our new coach Laurent Banide to be successful and bring back attractive attacking football back to Boundary Park, hopefully building our attendances

Financially, our results for season 17/18 are due on the 27th June and 'PriceofFootball'@KieranMaguire will be all over them for us.

We'll find out how much we were £losing a week and should get a handle on how much AL is having to tip in

100% agree with this. What he has done with the money he is putting in will also be important, has he converted any to debt for example.

Edited by singe
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, singe said:

100% agree with this. What he has done with the money he is putting in will also important, has he convereted any to debt for example.

I’d suspect yes. There aren’t many owners that don’t. Eg Bolton, Bury etc. 

Laurent Banide is not the level of coach that many wanted but probably is the level of coach whose appointment many saw as inevitable. Whether you subscribe to the ‘lets at least give him a chance’ or the ‘never heard of him he’s destined to fail’ school of thought, what is inescapable is the continuing sense of unease that pervades much of what goes on at the club.

The rumours/hearsay of the Lemsagam brothers’  meddling in team selection made the transition to appointing a head coach as an unavoidable next step. This, coupled with the policy of bringing in lower league players from abroad, meant that it was highly likely any candidates would also be from abroad.

Whether the release of the financial results from 2017/2108 will shed any light on Abdallah’s financial approach and commitment to the club remains to be seen. What is unescapable is the feeling that the club is on a precarious footing which could collapse before much longer.

The lines from ‘Viva La Vida’ run through my head:

“And I discovered that my castles stand
Upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand”

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

I’d suspect yes. There aren’t many owners that don’t. Eg Bolton, Bury etc. 

Then telling us he's put millions - of his own money - in...... isn't true. He would've loaned the club millions of his own money! If indeed it runs to the millions at all [the last set of accounts published in 2017, said the club lost £472k]...... not to mention that, it is he who's responsible for much of the outgoings - £11k a week for Queensy, employment tribunal after employment tribunal!

Edited by lookersstandandy
  • Like 2

I don't sign up to iFollow or LaticsPlayer or whatever it is nowadays so I may be out of the loop, I just find it odd there's not been a single interview with the new manager 3 days since his appointment.

Not a peep on any free-to-air platform, not even the announcement article.

What's that all about? 

6 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

I don't sign up to iFollow or LaticsPlayer or whatever it is nowadays so I may be out of the loop, I just find it odd there's not been a single interview with the new manager 3 days since his appointment.

Not a peep on any free-to-air platform, not even the announcement article.

What's that all about? 

You seen the going rate for translators these days. 

• Like 1