Laurent Banide

4 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

I'm not so sure I agree with you on this one, but I suppose it's how you define a "fan".

Some on here only post when bad things happen, and revel in them.

Then again I suppose I'm a "happy clapper" not a "fold the club" brigade.

Who are these people are they on here?

6 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

I don't think there's a single Latics fan who "wants" Banide (or any other OAFC manager) to fail.

People may well be pissed off with the endless shite we've endured year on year, now culminating with this berk running us like a shitshow and turning us into some 2nd rate European football talent school - and rightly so - but I still don't think a single fan will be 'willing' a manager to fail at Oldham. 

Spot on sjk2008. I`m usually quite an optimistic person (honest!) but our sinking ever further into the abyss I find thoroughly depressing. Others don't seem to do - we're all different I suppose.

I see no positives  since our new owner arrived - none whatsoever. I don't fall for "lip service" like sticking a name on a stand or handing out a free scarf when I observe our club generally being regarded as a laughing stock in many quarters. It just seems like one big vanity project - and they usually end in disaster.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, tGWB said:

Sadly there's a lot of members on here that are almost hoping that our new manager fails so they can give it he big "I told you so"

My personal preference would be to have all the playing staff and management team to have been born in the North West of England, the English equivalent of

Athletic Bilbao, who have an unwritten rule to only recruit staff from the Basque Region of Spain  

Not having saved enough money up yet to buy the Club, I'm going to have to hope someone else can at the very least get us back to being half decent both on and off the pitch

Good luck to Mr Laurent Banide and Mr Bouziane Benarabi

Hopefully you can build a strong team ethic we can be proud of, play attractive attacking football and our fans will come back in numbers

:chubb:

I this most are consigned to the fact this cannot turn out well with Lemsagem at the helm

Such a random appointment who likely has no knowledge of the club further screams puppets

No reason to like or dislike the bloke, I just have assumptions as to why he's here and in what capacity

• Like 3

20 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Sadly he's right. 

We do have a lot of fans who adopt a stance and would then rather be proven "right" to the detriment of the club than give credit where it's due if they're proven wrong. 

They're a psychologists dream I'd imagine.... 

A lot of them also wrongly use the word "fickle" to describe those of us who just try to call it as we see it - i.e. praise us when we're good, slate us when we're shit - rather than adopt an agenda that must not be deviated from.... 

It didn't seem hostile when we were doing okay under Bunn last season, in and around the play-offs...

24 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

I take it that's a rhetorical question.

Well a little bit yes

But I don't think their is anyone who actually revels in defeat or bad things happening.

New Blue has it right I've nothing against the fella and hope it works out well but his track record plus the owners isn't one to give much hope.

I will happily eat my humble pie if this turns out to be a glorious season.

13 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Well a little bit yes

But I don't think their is anyone who actually revels in defeat or bad things happening.

New Blue has it right I've nothing against the fella and hope it works out well but his track record plus the owners isn't one to give much hope.

Exactly.

26 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Well a little bit yes

You're probably right

I was basing my theory on the people who virtually never post when something positive happens ( admittedly few and far between these days ) but are as prolific as Enid Blyton when something negative occurs, and do seem to wallow in it.

Perhaps I'm just over optimistic ( or naive ) but it's an attitude that suits me more than some of the doom mongers who post on here, who probably are right most of the time but are bloody depressing. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

You're probably right

I was basing my theory on the people who virtually never post when something positive happens ( admittedly few and far between these days ) but are as prolific as Enid Blyton when something negative occurs, and do seem to wallow in it.

Perhaps I'm just over optimistic ( or naive ) but it's an attitude that suits me more than some of the doom mongers who post on here, who probably are right most of the time but are bloody depressing. 

No, you were right in the first place. Don’t be goin gettin yourself influenced by blind blokes on the internet!!

On 6/14/2019 at 5:18 PM, unsworthlatic said:

I have kept quiet since Banide was appointed as to be quite honest I didn’t really have much to say.

It was exactly what I expected. Somebody we have never heard of who had coached in some capacity before but would have no links to the English game. This is exactly what we have got.

Is it a risk? Yes, a tremendous one. However, any managerial appointment is a risk. Penney came to Oldham on the back of a decent managerial record, was dross. We hired rookies left, right and centre yet Dowie (albeit with a load of cash) and Johnson were seemingly pretty decent so this is a risk just like any other previous managers we have had to date.

English players signing? I’d guess probably not, in fact, I’d be quite confident that we will not be signing any.

AL has chosen to go down this route, so let’s see what happens. Sadly, I see it ending virtually as soon as it begins, sacked in October and left scratching around, using our bingo ball machine for the next poor sod to take on the challenge of being the custodian of Oldham Athletic for the 3 months following.

When he announced his vision/plan, I was willing to see whether actions speak as loud as his words do. I am still am but an appointment of a 51 year old on a one year deal doesn’t seem to enthral me sadly.

I am, like with anybody, willing to give Banide the chance to prove my initial theory wrong and I would love nothing more than going into October/November bouncing our way to Scunthorpe in droves following a tremendous start to the season, sadly I don’t think that will be the case.

As usual, way off the mark haha!

What do I know.

All aboard the Banide promotion train

Edited by unsworthlatic

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, oafcshuck said:

43 days in and I love this man 

HEY PRETTY SMILING BANIDE ! 🦌🦌 (Why don't we have a GOAT emoji)

It's not his fault but I believe he'll be the man to guide us to success. BL.

WE'RE ALRIGHT TOGETHER 

6 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

6 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

WE'RE ALRIGHT TOGETHER 

You aren’t even funny anymore

8 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

8 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

WE'RE ALRIGHT TOGETHER 

Ok, so you're a George Ezra fan.