Laurent Banide

OK

HEre are some details of his time at Al Kuwait, maybe the Man City of the Kuwait League., for 16/17 season
His first game was 28/09/16

https://www.eurosport.com/football/kuwait-league/2016-2017/live-al-sulaibikhat-al-kuwait-sc_mtc910042/live.shtml#Teams

His last LEague game was 25/05/17

https://www.eurosport.com/football/kuwait-league/2016-2017/live-al-salmiya-al-kuwait-sc_mtc910110/live.shtml#Teams

The games either side he is not listed as manager.

There is a Crown Prince Cup and Emir Cup, I'm going Charity Shield and Checkatrade, rather than League and FA Cup.....! 
Trying to find that season. 

But yes Shuck, Champions scoring 70 in 28 games
https://www.oddsportal.com/soccer/kuwait/premier-league-2016-2017/standings/

I;ve written to transfermarkt to update.

Edited by singe
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

Also says in 2016 he managed Al-Kuwait

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuwait_SC

Also implies he was manager for the 2016-2017 season. 

That season they WON the league. One defeat all season with 70 goals scored. 

He managed them from June ‘16 - Oct ‘16 without taking charge of a single league game.

1 minute ago, sjk2008 said:

He managed them from June ‘16 - Oct ‘16 without taking charge of a single league game.

That website is wrong. Missing lots and lots of games. 

Again as mentioned it's being reported he took Monaco down, I've not looked into that one, but the flip side as mentioned above is that he took over with them second bottom and guided them to 9th, five years earlier in 2007. 

Not claiming he's the world's greatest manager, but he's not as 'rubbish' as people are making out.

5 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Also managed them

08/09 (Nov 3, 2008) 09/10 (Jul 29, 2009) without taking charge of a league game according to that website.

Look at how many clubs he's been at without managing a single game. Clearly missing information and data. 

On digging for further information, he took from Marinko Koljanin during the 2008-09 season after 9 games and guided the side to a respectable 3rd place finish.

Almost a total dearth of information and that we can see is incomplete, but some say he’s potentially great and others says he’s absolute shite.

....all before he’s even arrived. 

OWTB’s in full effect. 🤡 ‘s

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Almost a total dearth of information and that we can see is incomplete, but some say he’s potentially great and others says he’s absolute shite.

....all before he’s even arrived. 

OWTB’s in full effect. 🤡 ‘s

You do know what dearth means? It's there if you look around, as stated above. 

I remember this up roar when we appointed lee Johnson. - he didn't turn out so bad.

I also remember this uproar when we appointed Darren Kelly. - he was a shocker. 

I also remember this uproar when we appointed Steve Robinson- he was kack.

My point being, yes, it looks like a shite appointment, but things don't always go the way you think they will. They do most of the time, but not always. This could just as easily be a master stroke. It may also see us in the relegation mire for much of the season, but we won't know that until we have kicked a ball.

Give the guy a chance, get behind him, and call for his head when we get rolled 3-0 on a Tuesday night at morcombe

Edited by philliggi
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, mikeroyboy said:

Not one to happily burst the bubble of despair we are all so used to wallowing in - but hasn't AL just appointed an Head Coach?

Is it just a teeny, weeny bit possible there is a Manager to follow?

I think you’ll find AL is the manager/player recruiter/starting 11 influencer.....his French friend is there to take the training sessions under MOs watchful eye and to make substitutions during games 

simples 😎

25 minutes ago, mikeroyboy said:

Not one to happily burst the bubble of despair we are all so used to wallowing in - but hasn't AL just appointed an Head Coach?

Guess whose back, back again....

Step forward Mohamed Lemsagam our new manager/interpreter/clown.

9 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

I think you’ll find AL is the manager/player recruiter/starting 11 influencer.....his French friend is there to take the training sessions under MOs watchful eye and to make substitutions during games 

simples 😎

In that case - a ground breaking technique. We'll see how it goes.

At least we're rid of Corney - which many fans are happy about.

36 minutes ago, mikeroyboy said:

Sorry, but no.  The Head Coach works with the Sporting Director (i.e. Director of Football).  Similar to Wadsworth and Dowie back in 2002.

I can see how it works in theory, with the Sporting Director being in charge of off-the-pitch matters like transfers and contract negotiations while the Head Coach is in charge of on-field matters like training, selection and tactics.

But lets be honest, with the way Marco and his brother have been running the club I can't see any Head Coach being able to have control of on-field matters.  Mo Lemsagam is effectively our manager.

I have nothing against Banide (mainly because I literally have no idea who he is) but he's clearly a patsy.  I would say that I hope he does well but it's kind of irrelevant, as it's very likely he'll be gone within 15 games either way.  Darren Kelly is the only person in charge that we've had where my expectations were lower and in both cases I think him and Banide have been hung out to dry, regardless of ability.

1 hour ago, philliggi said:

I remember this up roar when we appointed lee Johnson. - he didn't turn out so bad.

I also remember this uproar when we appointed Darren Kelly. - he was a shocker. 

I also remember this uproar when we appointed Steve Robinson- he was kack.

My point being, yes, it looks like a shite appointment, but things don't always go the way you think they will. They do most of the time, but not always. This could just as easily be a master stroke. It may also see us in the relegation mire for much of the season, but we won't know that until we have kicked a ball.

Give the guy a chance, get behind him, and call for his head when we get rolled 3-0 on a Tuesday night at morcombe

Trouble is the three you named were unknown quantities and had no track record.

This guy has a track record as long as your arm and it's 95% shite.
Nothing we can do, but you can't expect people to just shrug their shoulders on the back of nigh on 30 years of similarly shit decisions, and 2 years of extremely shit decisions.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, singe said:

you can't expect people to just shrug their shoulders on the back of nigh on 30 years of similarly shit decisions, and 2 years of extremely shit decisions.

That's exactly what I expect. 

10 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

....that’s probably a bit unfair... but it’s a long odds gamble just the same. Marco risks taking us into non league if it fails. I’d imagine he’ll do a runner if that happens.

Yep, a bit...…..Monaco youth or Sunderland under 8's...….apologies, Laurent.

1 hour ago, mikeroyboy said:

Maybe worth checking which managers he's worked for who are free agents now.

Also check with the bookies if odds are still open on a managerial appointment.