Non Executive Director Appointed

He seems to be well qualified to keep an eye on financial shinanigins that SC wouldn't have been able to get away with if he had been on the board then. ie. robbing Peter to pay Paul. IMO it's a good appointment.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

He appears to be well qualified but I question his sanity.  Bear in mind this is a non executive appointment. That means he will not necessarily be privy to the operational minutiae. 

You are right Dave that he may not be given full access but if the intention was to appoint a patsy, then there would have been candidates who would be easier to manipulate.

I’m surprised by this appointment.  Without seeing the rest of the applicants, his CV (looking at his Linked-In profile) is what I would have hoped for.  He looks like a NED who can challenge effectively.  Hence the surprise that he’s been selected.

Cautious optimism from me.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:

You are right Dave that he may not be given full access but if the intention was to appoint a patsy, then there would have been candidates who would be easier to manipulate.

I’m surprised by this appointment.  Without seeing the rest of the applicants, his CV (looking at his Linked-In profile) is what I would have hoped for.  He looks like a NED who can challenge effectively.  Hence the surprise that he’s been selected.

Cautious optimism from me.

It's not that he wouldn't be granted full access, more that a non exec wouldn't expect it. Their role is generally to challenge strategy rather than check if the milk bill has been paid. 

4 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

It's not that he wouldn't be granted full access, more that a non exec wouldn't expect it. Their role is generally to challenge strategy rather than check if the milk bill has been paid. 

In normal business, yes.  A football club, a significantly dysfunctional one at that, is far from normal.

I’ve worked with a number of NEDs.  None of them have ever had a lifelong emotional investment in the company.

I guess we just need to see how this plays out over the next 3 months before he gets shit-canned 🤣🤣🤣

Why does everybody assume that people appointed by the club are just there "to check others arent being shady"? Wouldn't it make more sense that he has been appointed as he offers his financial and commercial know how and help manage the business to become a successfully run club, instead of sitting with his fine tooth comb checking what the FA cup money was spent on penny for penny...

BTW never seen him in my life, does anyone know who he is? Used to be from the area suggests OASIS members may?

3 hours ago, youngen said:

Why does everybody assume that people appointed by the club are just there "to check others arent being shady"? Wouldn't it make more sense that he has been appointed as he offers his financial and commercial know how and help manage the business to become a successfully run club, instead of sitting with his fine tooth comb checking what the FA cup money was spent on penny for penny...

BTW never seen him in my life, does anyone know who he is? Used to be from the area suggests OASIS members may?

How often will future full board meetings occur, does anyone including the Trust and current directors know?

Some idea of the next one will be a good start 

4 hours ago, youngen said:

That's only one of many weird and wonderful things people assume or question when it comes to these things.....

"He must have money to put in", "What's the point it doesn't look like he has any money to put in" & "what does he actually do?" are amongst my favourites. 

Lee Johnson being able to offer high level commercial & property expertise having once done a house up and sold it and Paul Dickov's appointment meaning we might sign loads of players from Scotland with him being Scottish were other good un's from similar envelopes... :grin:

Never change you mad bastards :lol:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chaddy14 said:

Good appointment with good NED skills and even better a desire to help his club.

Not the sort of appointment the conspiracy merchants merchants would have expected?

Claiming that Marco is a poor owner as a conspiracy theory is pretty wild. I thought that conspiracy theories play on lack of evidence rather than plenty of it.

• Like 2