Fixtures 2019/2020

4 hours ago, super_blue said:

Not sure there is anything less exciting than fixture release day for a league 2 campaign! 

Id be very very excited in the league 2 fixtures if by some miracle we mount a promotion campaign.

Edited by GlossopLatic

1 hour ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Good to see the happy clappers are slowly but surely making themselves known again. 22nd and they’ll be demanding a parade. 

This from the bloke who was so fickle last season that it was a full on boycott until we got a small sniff of the play-offs. 

• Like 2

It may be worth noting that the following fixtures are at risk of postponement due to international breaks. 

September 7th - Plymouth (a)
October 12th – Mansfield (a) 
November 16th – Stevenage (a)
February 15th – Forest Green (h) 
March 28th – Northampton (a) 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

It may be worth noting that the following fixtures are at risk of postponement due to international breaks. 

So from last year's regular call ups we have lost Iversen but have Nepomuceno and de la Paz who may head off.  Anyone else apart for m the raft of obscure internationals currently somewhere en route?

30 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

For those planning trips and pre-paying hotels/ trains, the fixtures at Cheltenham (4 Jan) and Salford (25 Jan) fall on FA Cup 3rd and 4th round dates.

Well I'm booking my flights for myself and my young lad for the Colchester United home game - it'll be my boy's first match, might as well give him a day out at BP before it all goes fully down the pan... 

It'll be different to my previous trips - don't know that his mum would look fondly on me bringing a six year old on a pub crawl!  

52 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

FFS!  Nice one medic for the reminder, I was just looking at hotels for the weekend in Plymouth, think I will hold off for now👍

15 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

Well I'm booking my flights for myself and my young lad for the Colchester United home game - it'll be my boy's first match, might as well give him a day out at BP before it all goes fully down the pan... 

It'll be different to my previous trips - don't know that his mum would look fondly on me bringing a six year old on a pub crawl!  

What's the worst that could happen?? :shock::grin:

1 hour ago, jorvik_latic said:

What's the worst that could happen?? :shock::grin:

Ha! We'll definitely be popping into the Rifle Range before and after, pint for me, fizzy drink and crisps for the young lad, and we're both happy... the older I get the more daunting pub crawls become! 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

Ha! We'll definitely be popping into the Rifle Range before and after, pint for me, fizzy drink and crisps for the young lad, and we're both happy... the older I get the more daunting pub crawls become! 

Depends how far into the crawl you find a comfy seat. 

21 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Depends how far into the crawl you find a comfy seat. 

Ha! Find it too early, and it's game over though - the trick is to keep standing as long as you can... 

I've had some great piss ups in the past. One or two of the lads in the gang always become early casualties, but usually - if we keep things moving from boozer to boozer and focus on 'activities' like pool etc - we manage to keep going from the early airport pints right through to the late night take away. 

Some of the best booze sessions have been when we've been over for a game that has subsequently been cancelled - that leads to an extra 90 minutes plus injury time of drinking. 

Ah, glory days! 

If any of you see a tired Irish man with an excited and hyper six year old at any point of the day on August 31st, that'll be me - don't hesitate to say hello.

2 hours ago, Fanny Adams said:

Who do people predict to win the league then?

Plymouth with Ryan Lowe in charge look a good bet.  

The question mark for me about Lowe is whether he can build the same calibre of team on Plymouth's budget as he did at Bury.  Their style of play was excellent from an attacking point of view but I struggle to see him bringing in the same quality that he got from Maynard, O'Shea, Adams, Mayor and Rossiter.  I'd imagine they'll be up near the top though.

All the relegated teams have brought in good managers, Bowyer at Bradford should be a really good fit.

3 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

Ha! Find it too early, and it's game over though - the trick is to keep standing as long as you can... 

I've had some great piss ups in the past. One or two of the lads in the gang always become early casualties, but usually - if we keep things moving from boozer to boozer and focus on 'activities' like pool etc - we manage to keep going from the early airport pints right through to the late night take away. 

Some of the best booze sessions have been when we've been over for a game that has subsequently been cancelled - that leads to an extra 90 minutes plus injury time of drinking. 

Ah, glory days! 

If any of you see a tired Irish man with an excited and hyper six year old at any point of the day on August 31st, that'll be me - don't hesitate to say hello.

Just see Shucks for a cheeky gram and you’d drown before ya get pissed. Job done. 

Edited by simplythemostimportantkick
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

Ah, glory days! 

Fingers crossed for a postponement... 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

The question mark for me about Lowe is whether he can build the same calibre of team on Plymouth's budget as he did at Bury.  Their style of play was excellent from an attacking point of view but I struggle to see him bringing in the same quality that he got from Maynard, O'Shea, Adams, Mayor and Rossiter.  I'd imagine they'll be up near the top though.

All the relegated teams have brought in good managers, Bowyer at Bradford should be a really good fit.

They get an average of over 9k fans for every league game, they should have a healthy budget.

12 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I think for Lowe to gain promotion under the extreme conditions he was under was an amazing achievement.

In the past how many poor performances have Latics (deservedly) put in, when our players haven't been paid