Carabao Cup 2019/20

And back to tonight’s game...

Banide in his pre match interview:

“We need to have a result for our confidence but if we win 1-0 and they hit the post ten times and have 20 shots you don’t have insurance.

“You need to have insurance when you play on your position, when you have the ball and when you don’t have the ball.

"You take insurance when you play to your potential, that is important.”

I am making an assumption that he means assurance not insurance.. 👀

Either way it shows that he is not happy with the quality and the effort so far.

42 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

And back to tonight’s game...

Banide in his pre match interview:

“We need to have a result for our confidence but if we win 1-0 and they hit the post ten times and have 20 shots you don’t have insurance.

“You need to have insurance when you play on your position, when you have the ball and when you don’t have the ball.

"You take insurance when you play to your potential, that is important.”

I am making an assumption that he means assurance not insurance.. 👀

Either way it shows that he is not happy with the quality and the effort so far.

I wouldn't fancy us against Rovers at Ewood with last seasons squad, let alone what we have now, truth is, if we can keep the score respectable then little harm done but if we get totally annihilated, I don't see us getting anything from either Bradford or Exeter.

1 minute ago, OLDHAMADE said:

I wouldn't fancy us against Rovers at Ewood with last seasons squad, let alone what we have now, truth is, if we can keep the score respectable then little harm done but if we get totally annihilated, I don't see us getting anything from either Bradford or Exeter.

I was looking forward to this game tonight , but that was before reading this interview.. I struggle to see how  Benide would motivate you as a player never mind 17 of them sat in a changing room before the game and at half tome ., he comes across really negative.. but has he got reason to be negative knowing the circumstances he faces at the club.. Well i just hope we put a good show on tonight on a big pitch and that we keep  the score respectable and at least have a go at Blackburn and give us supporters something to sing about. 

22 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

I was looking forward to this game tonight , but that was before reading this interview.. I struggle to see how  Benide would motivate you as a player never mind 17 of them sat in a changing room before the game and at half tome ., he comes across really negative.. but has he got reason to be negative knowing the circumstances he faces at the club.. Well i just hope we put a good show on tonight on a big pitch and that we keep  the score respectable and at least have a go at Blackburn and give us supporters something to sing about. 

Early impressions are that it feels like he is a defensively minded coach. My concern is that he is a bit of a Steve Robinson. Hopefully those impressions are incorrect.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2019 at 4:02 PM, Bobledgersheart said:

Mowbray invariably puts out a weakened team in this competition so it may not be as cut and dried as some of us think.

....here's hoping

What?

I've just looked and he's played a full strength team in the first round for the last two seasons ..

36 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Early impressions are that it feels like he is a defensively minded coach. My concern is that he is a bit of a Steve Robinson. Hopefully those impressions are incorrect.

Its alright being defensive minded  if he knows how to switch his play once in possession instead of meaningless amounts of possession deep in your half and very slow at changing tempo.. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frankies6 said:

He came across differently on the video, even quite passionate about what the players need to do.  Like I said a few pages back, before the  bickering took over, if you watch the interview Banide was more animated than any other Latics manager I've seen in an interview.

• Like 1

Blackburn make 11 changes and can still include Ben Brereton, Stewart Downing, Richard Smallwood and Corry Evans. Plus Danny Graham and Bradley Dack on the bench. It's a reasonably strong side. Good to see Nepomuceno starting in place of Branger and three strikers on the bench. Well, two plus Vera (sorry shucky). Iacovitti and Sefil at CB is a worry though.