2 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

He played some out of necessity. 

So let me get this straight...

Last 3 matches of Scholes's reign (I couldn't be arsed to go back further), Hunt was a regular.....but AL was interfering so Hunt in the team flies in the face of this "interference" argument. PW takes over and AL is interfering and telling PW not to play Hunt but he is still in the match day squad.

What am I missing here?

12 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

Last 3 matches of Scholes's reign (I couldn't be arsed to go back further), Hunt was a regular.....but AL was interfering so Hunt in the team flies in the face of this "interference" argument. PW takes over and AL is interfering and telling PW not to play Hunt but he is still in the match day squad.

What am I missing here?

Nothing. You are spot on. 

13 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

What am I missing here?

Playing for 1 manager (who stated that he wanted no interference from AL) doesn’t back you up. He didn’t play directly before or directly after which shows that it was likely that PW was told not to start him. That’s what you’re missing. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

Playing for 1 manager (who stated that he wanted no interference from AL) doesn’t back you up. He didn’t play directly before or directly after which shows that it was likely that PW was told not to start him. That’s what you’re missing. 

And just trotting out the argument of "interference - end of"  doesn't back up your case either.

So what's the difference between not selecting him to start and putting him on the bench?

Surely if AL was having a direct influence as you say, then Hunt would be training with the kids and totally absent on matchdays.

I'm still thinking that this interference card was just an excuse by Scholes to get out because being a manager was not what he thought it would be. 

4 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

If this is the best you can do to suit your own interpretation of 'interference' then you are wasting your and our time.

1 hour ago, mikejh45 said:

And just trotting out the argument of "interference - end of"  doesn't back up your case either.

So what's the difference between not selecting him to start and putting him on the bench?

Surely if AL was having a direct influence as you say, then Hunt would be training with the kids and totally absent on matchdays.

I'm still thinking that this interference card was just an excuse by Scholes to get out because being a manager was not what he thought it would be. 

Where did I write “interference - end of”? Weird comment. If I need to explain the difference then there’s no point going further. 

23 hours ago, LT_SMASH said:

Great bit of business from our leader. Could have gone to Lincoln for a fee in January, instead gets frozen out of the side till the end of the season, then we release him🤯

Exactly 

1 hour ago, jorvik_latic said:

Where did I write “interference - end of”? Weird comment. If I need to explain the difference then there’s no point going further. 

Poetic licence, Jorvic. There are still arguments about this 'interference". I have yet to be convinced that it actually took place.

3 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

I don’t need to offer proof, don’t give a shit if you don’t believe it. 

But what the f*ck  is this "it" that you expect me to believe?

So far, all you've put forward is anecdotal evidence and expect people to accept it as gospel. 

State clearly your evidence but don't just push Scholes' comments as proof positive because, from my perspective, he was using the "interference" argument to cover his managerial shortcomings.

44 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

So far, all you've put forward is anecdotal evidence and expect people to accept it as gospel. 

State clearly your evidence but don't just push Scholes' comments as proof positive because, from my perspective, he was using the "interference" argument to cover his managerial shortcomings.

:petesake:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mikejh45 said:

Out of interest, what is it you would need to see (or expect to be) presented in order to be persuaded that there was interference around his (non) selection?