1 hour ago, mikejh45 said:

But what the f*ck  is this "it" that you expect me to believe?

So far, all you've put forward is anecdotal evidence and expect people to accept it as gospel. 

State clearly your evidence but don't just push Scholes' comments as proof positive because, from my perspective, he was using the "interference" argument to cover his managerial shortcomings.

*Captain Picard face palm meme*

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

But what the f*ck  is this "it" that you expect me to believe?

So far, all you've put forward is anecdotal evidence and expect people to accept it as gospel. 

State clearly your evidence but don't just push Scholes' comments as proof positive because, from my perspective, he was using the "interference" argument to cover his managerial shortcomings.

Push Scholes’ comments? You’re the one who brought him up, not me! :blink:

10 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

Could have gone for a fee allegedly. So wise in hindsight.

Since end of Jan played in 11 matches, 2 of which were less than 10 mins-was sub in 6 matches. Hardly strong evidence that he will be missed-plus when he played he wasn't very good was he?

Pretty sure Preston were having more than a good look at him at one stage 

On 6/21/2019 at 2:20 PM, jorvik_latic said:

Yep. His agent was touting him around for a move. AL got wind of it and stopped managers from playing him. Could have carried on playing him and sold him on, now we've had to release him and cost us more. 

You didn't mention Scholes by name but the timeline points to it.

9 hours ago, Twisbrogan said:

Out of interest, what is it you would need to see (or expect to be) presented in order to be persuaded that there was interference around his (non) selection?

All I'm doing is countering an opinion held by some.

We keep hearing the same stories going around and are expected to believe them.

An example is the changing room incident....some say AL charged in ranting and was grabbed around the throat by a player no longer with us, others say it never happened. Who should I believe? Do I condemn AL because of mob rule?

All I'm asking for is clarity. Is that so wrong?

PS said “it only happened once to be fair” which may have been in relation to Hunt... but he did play Hunt so he obviously ignored it. 

PS primarily left because he couldn’t cope with the environment (not having Prem standard facilities) and because he wasn’t very good. 

PW said it never happened. 

Thats all I’ve ever heard about it, so I’ll take it as correct. 

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

Mike on a grump again, annoyed his made up 2 some haven't posted for a while....

You know.......I hadn't given you a moment's thought (either of you) but now you are here, you still come across as the village idiot.

1 hour ago, jorvik_latic said:

Scholes started after the transfer window closed. I was talking about PW’s stints as manager. 

You stated categorically that AL stopped managers from picking Hunt when the team lists from both PS and PW showed this statement to be untrue. What am I getting wrong here?

15 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

You stated categorically that AL stopped managers from picking Hunt when the team lists from both PS and PW showed this statement to be untrue. What am I getting wrong here?

PW didn’t play him during the transfer window. PS then joins and is allowed to play him due to him insisting on no interference (the interference stated when he left was AL offering contracts without consulting him). PS leaves and Hunt is immediately dropped :mmm:He later makes an appearance in the squad out of necessity. How is this so hard to understand? 

19 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Ohhh yeah theyve ‘both’ been missing for a while haven’t they?

No doubt shucks will magically reappear aswell later..

Well I had a  big night Friday and there was no shuck, so I assume I'm not him...

3 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

PW didn’t play him during the transfer window. PS then joins and is allowed to play him due to him insisting on no interference (the interference stated when he left was AL offering contracts without consulting him). PS leaves and Hunt is immediately dropped :mmm:He later makes an appearance in the squad out of necessity. How is this so hard to understand? 

Your point make more sense now except for the question...….what was the point of keeping/punishing a player who was a borderline starter when we could have "sold" him and picked an adequate back up on a short term deal?

Edited by mikejh45

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

PS said “it only happened once to be fair” which may have been in relation to Hunt... but he did play Hunt so he obviously ignored it. 

PS primarily left because he couldn’t cope with the environment (not having Prem standard facilities) and because he wasn’t very good. 

PW said it never happened. 

Thats all I’ve ever heard about it, so I’ll take it as correct. 

Believe what you will, what was said in public and said in private are two different things, and yes I've seen the evidence which is 100% cast iron of interference during his first stint.

Let alone offering Benteke a new deal, carting his Captain and removing his ability to choose who was retained.

Believe who you like and what you like, I'll believe the truth.

2 minutes ago, Omar Don't Scare said:

Believe what you will, what was said in public and said in private are two different things, and yes I've seen the evidence which is 100% cast iron of interference during his first stint.

Let alone offering Benteke a new deal, carting his Captain and removing his ability to choose who was retained.

Not disbelieving what you know but you for those who haven't had this first hand experience, it's difficult to just blindly accept and all we can do is question the subject.

18 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Your point make more sense now except for the question...….what was the point of keeping/punishing a player who was a borderline starter when we could have "sold" him and picked an adequate back up on a short term deal?

Exactly! That was my original point. I’d love to know AL’s thinking on that one. 

24 minutes ago, Omar Don't Scare said:

Good for you. The only thing I can go off is what I heard. Surely you can accept that?  You’ve “seen evidence”... that’s great, I haven’t... but I am wondering what visual evidence there can be that you have “seen”.