Edmundson gone to Rangers

6 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

With coaches such as Guardiola advocating it and when you look at what hes won only an idiot would argue against it being effective.

It's a remarkable co-incidence, of course, that the vast majority of these winning managers happen to have squillions to splash out on the best players.

If Guardiola was given a 3 year contract at Latics, with the same budget anyone else has had, what do you think he would achieve?

Depending on your answer (of course) may just disprove your own statement.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

It's a remarkable co-incidence, of course, that the vast majority of these winning managers happen to have squillions to splash out on the best players.

If Guardiola was given a 3 year contract at Latics, with the same budget anyone else has had, what do you think he would achieve?

We will find out from how a former manager of Monaco shapes up here.

8 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Big budgets don't always guarantee success and any top manager would get a tune out of what we've got in this division.

If you want a classic example of brilliant leadership then look no further than Coleman & Bell at Accrington, potless! ground and pitch far worse than ours for decades, it's all about the fight in the dog, not the dog in the fight!

25 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Big budgets don't always guarantee success and any top manager would get a tune out of what we've got in this division.

If you want a classic example of brilliant leadership then look no further than Coleman & Bell at Accrington, potless! ground and pitch far worse than ours for decades, it's all about the fight in the dog, not the dog in the fight!

Any top manager looking at us today would run a mile,

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

See Lee Johnson he would be out the door in 2 years after overachieving with us a bigger club would snap him up.

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Any top manager looking at us today would run a mile,

I think the question was about Guardiola and what he could achieve with the same budget as others have been or not been given?

IMO, he'd still walk it but as explained, the correct fit for our club is someone like 'Coleman' who can get every last drop and more out of lesser players, like dog's, they just never give in.

Money helps but is secondary if you don't have the will to win instilled into every man walking across that white line.

31 minutes ago, StoodinaBoshell said:

GE: ""It would have been really good to work with him a bit longer. But a few things went on at Oldham, which I can’t comment on."

Does this make George a bad egg like Davies, Gerrard, Byrne and the rest? I can't keep up. 

2 hours ago, josh_latics said:

GE: ""It would have been really good to work with him a bit longer. But a few things went on at Oldham, which I can’t comment on."

Does this make George a bad egg like Davies, Gerrard, Byrne and the rest? I can't keep up. 

In no way similar. 😂

It makes him a class act and (despite his age) far more mature than the other sulking lot you mention.  

He got on with his job. Got a dream move and not once to my knowledge had a bad word for anyone at the club in public or on social media. He has simply said he’d have liked to work with Scholes, but Scholes left because of things I don’t want to comment on which are already public domain. Very diplomatic, grown up and professional.  (I suppose he could have insulted a fan and said something about shit or fucked about in the gym on his phone all day, or broken another players leg..)

Well done George you’ll go far... unlike the others. 

33 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

One things for sure - I bet he's absolutely glad to see the back of Latics in view of how things are at present.

You telling me he won’t be devastated at missing out on lining up with Sefil?

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

What's going on with Edmundson, seems to be 4th choice centre half and can't even get on the bench. Was dropped from the Europa League squad the other week too and didn't travel.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/george-edmundsons-rangers-puzzler-mystery-18988671

There is something odd going on. He was a bit naughty on twitter about the club too by all accounts. 

12 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

Goldson and Katic are first choice. The Rangers faithful rate George and would be happy if he replaced either one. He will not be a benchwarmer for long.

He can't even get on the bench to be a bench warmer 

6 hours ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

What's going on with Edmundson, seems to be 4th choice centre half and can't even get on the bench. Was dropped from the Europa League squad the other week too and didn't travel.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/george-edmundsons-rangers-puzzler-mystery-18988671

Shame he wasn't on the pitch that night to be cheered on by The Rangers fans earning their second UEFA punishment of the season for racist singing. Hope he gets a move soon and goes on to have a good career.

If he'd played today he would have seen a flag covering most of one end depicting a copyright violation of Iron Maiden's Eddy with a big knife standing over a dead body in a Celtic shirt. 

The Billy Boys song is a tribute to Billy Fullerton, founder member of the Glasgow branch of the KKK and a member of the British Union of Fascists, whose Boys were a criminal knife gang notorious for stabbing Catholics to death.

Should have gone to Peterborough lad.

7 minutes ago, leeslover said:

If he'd played today he would have seen a flag covering most of one end depicting a copyright violation of Iron Maiden's Eddy with a big knife standing over a dead body in a Celtic shirt. 

The Billy Boys song is a tribute to Billy Fullerton, founder member of the Glasgow branch of the KKK and a member of the British Union of Fascists, whose Boys were a criminal knife gang notorious for stabbing Catholics to death.

Should have gone to Peterborough lad.

That’s harsh, this is a club who are going for their first ever league title and who where really confident of betting a Celtic side who had to sell their best player but then got pumped, of course there will be horrible scenes 

14 minutes ago, Horlicks said:

That’s harsh, this is a club who are going for their first ever league title and who where really confident of betting a Celtic side who had to sell their best player but then got pumped, of course there will be horrible scenes 

I suppose so. A lot of their fans were probably emotional seeing Fraser Forster as well, with him being the final player to have touched the ball in an Old Firm game.

Archived