Pre-Season Morocco

56 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Decent trip. Fans who went clearly loved it too.  

Good work out and a chance for the new manager to really get to know the players properly, work and play. 

Communication was amazing.

Just got back from Morocco, great trip.

Went up to the training session on Saturday night and the relationship between fans and players was great. The players and staff went out of their way to chat to the fans.

Sunday night at the match there was 3 policemen for every fan, couldn’t believe the security but they didn’t want any Raja fans there.

Some good performances from the goalie, Sylla, Stott and a couple of others.

Eagles didn’t play because he picked up a knock on Saturday 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, philwhite said:

Went up to the training session on Saturday night and the relationship between fans and players was great. The players and staff went out of their way to chat to the fans.

Sunday night at the match there was 3 policemen for every fan, couldn’t believe the security but they didn’t want any Raja fans there.

Some good performances from the goalie, Sylla, Stott and a couple of others.

Eagles didn’t play because he picked up a knock on Saturday 

Any mention of the trialists signing? Or any signings at all? 

5 hours ago, philwhite said:

3 policemen for every fan, couldn’t believe the security 

Glad I didn’t go, I struggle getting into crewe🍺

• Like 1

For those who went, did you have a chance to chat to the manager and owner?

Any suggestion of other signings or is this it?  I didn’t expect for a second that we’d be signing the likes of Clough but we’re 2-3 strikers down with no #9 or #10 on the horizon.  COG is going/gone (although we needed someone better) and Vera isn’t the answer.

We have Rochdale this weekend.  Fortunately I’m away as I fear we’ll get battered by them... then again I’m fearing a bartering from any of the 23 teams in League 2 next season too.  We need at least 6 new players still.

35 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Any suggestion of other signings or is this it?  I didn’t expect for a second that we’d be signing the likes of Clough but we’re 2-3 strikers down with no #9 or #10 on the horizon.  COG is going/gone (although we needed someone better) and Vera isn’t the answer.

We have Rochdale this weekend.  Fortunately I’m away as I fear we’ll get battered by them... then again I’m fearing a bartering from any of the 23 teams in League 2 next season too.  We need at least 6 new players still.

I don't think the signings themselves will be the issues, seems to ahve been a few out there not yet announced. It's the quality of the signings that is the worry.

54 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

I think we’ll sign one or two from the trip.  A few loans, and that’ll be us.

Yes. I know. 

12 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Short highlights of the Raja Casablanca game now on LP. Looks like we got carved open through the middle quite a few times.... keeper(s) had a blinder.

Good cross (Gevaro), good header (Sylla?) good finish (Vera) for our goal though.

We look a way off in terms of speed of play and speed of thought from the very brief highlights.

Number 11 and Number 5 looked competitive. Number 6 and Number 3 looked vulnerable.

Early days.

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

Don't think so...

It's certainly unofficial. Corney is still chairman and De la Paz, MacFarlane, Green, Fane and Benteke are still here according to that. No sign of Ince, though. And they can't spell Hamer.

Why can't I see any videos on the fishal? They all come up black, but I can watch You Tube, iPlayer, BBC etc without any problems. I've tried rebooting, hopping from one site to another and looked at the OAFC site settings, but nothing stands out. Any ideas, please,  guys and gals?