Barry Owen. The truth

31 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Due to be submitted or published? Imagine will be the standard uninteresting ones small companies have to publish and nothing more

due by 27th June 

2 hours ago, otid said:

I understand your original post Lags and i suspect that in the grand scheme of things, many of the issues you raise are legitimately answered by your reference to the 'gang' mentality. It's not pleasant in any way. You know that until very recently, i have lived my life reasonably highly in the corporate world, so i draw your attention to the line below that you used as part of your justification for raising the question.

BO freely admits that under such circumstances he could, maybe should have resigned.

BO had one option only (resignation), once he acknowledged Corney wasn't being open about financial 'goings-on' in the last two years (that strongly suggests that financial disclosure practice changed). It's a BS excuse to suggest he wanted to stay on the inside to work out what was happening. As a Director, that is bordering on illegal but is without doubt complete incompetence. Maybe he didn't understand his Director responsibilities but it was and is, his duty to understand those responsibilities, preferably before he took office.

Nailed it

3 minutes ago, tGWB said:

due by 27th June 

It might be interesting to see what that fella on twitter says but I doubt we will find a smoking gun. Certainly not from the stuff posted on companies house website.

Edited by GlossopLatic

2 hours ago, otid said:

I understand your original post Lags and i suspect that in the grand scheme of things, many of the issues you raise are legitimately answered by your reference to the 'gang' mentality. It's not pleasant in any way. You know that until very recently, i have lived my life reasonably highly in the corporate world, so i draw your attention to the line below that you used as part of your justification for raising the question.

BO freely admits that under such circumstances he could, maybe should have resigned.

BO had one option only (resignation), once he acknowledged Corney wasn't being open about financial 'goings-on' in the last two years (that strongly suggests that financial disclosure practice changed). It's a BS excuse to suggest he wanted to stay on the inside to work out what was happening. As a Director, that is bordering on illegal but is without doubt complete incompetence. Maybe he didn't understand his Director responsibilities but it was and is, his duty to understand those responsibilities, preferably before he took office.

Whilst many will think I raised this thread purely to defend BO, I didn't. He's made mistakes, but show me a man that hasn't and I'll show you a liar. I've come to the conclusion that if BO said absolutely anything wearing absolutely any type of clothing there would be a shitstorm amongst fans about it. I firmly believe that.

Some hold genuine reasons for their, shall we say reservations regarding BO, but that doesn't make my above statement any less right. It's time people cut him some slack and perhaps accept he does do some good things for the club and wishes to do so. I can guarantee which members on this board would reply to a thread I created with opposition and smart alec comments, based not on the content but on personality. you only have to look through this thread for that. I'll admit in the past I've gone on to make mistakes to seek retribution in other ways, I won't no more it's just not worth it. I reckon BO gets it ten fold.

I'll take BO at his word that he wants the very best for OAFC and perhaps, just maybe to have someone like that on the inside may prove gold dust one day.  I will not ask people to change their view, it's theirs to hold, but I would ask them to lay off rather than vilify constantly on here and amongst themselves and rather to speak to the man. Explain what it is they don't like and what they'd like him to do if possible to try and turn this great club of ours around. It will take one mighty effort and we all must be in that together. I fear next season will be so difficult due to the fall in ST's and attendance. Partly the reason for that is the sucker people have gained from forums like this, egging each other on to stop supporting the club. Yet looking forward to away days instead. That will do nothing to get us out this division.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lags said:

Whilst many will think I raised this thread purely to defend BO, I didn't. He's made mistakes, but show me a man that hasn't and I'll show you a liar. I've come to the conclusion that if BO said absolutely anything wearing absolutely any type of clothing there would be a shitstorm amongst fans about it. I firmly believe that.

Some hold genuine reasons for their, shall we say reservations regarding BO, but that doesn't make my above statement any less right. It's time people cut him some slack and perhaps accept he does do some good things for the club and wishes to do so. I can guarantee which members on this board would reply to a thread I created with opposition and smart alec comments, based not on the content but on personality. you only have to look through this thread for that. I'll admit in the past I've gone on to make mistakes to seek retribution in other ways, I won't no more it's just not worth it. I reckon BO gets it ten fold.

I'll take BO at his word that he wants the very best for OAFC and perhaps, just maybe to have someone like that on the inside may prove gold dust one day.  I will not ask people to change their view, it's theirs to hold, but I would ask them to lay off rather than vilify constantly on here and amongst themselves and rather to speak to the man. Explain what it is they don't like and what they'd like him to do if possible to try and turn this great club of ours around. It will take one mighty effort and we all must be in that together. I fear next season will be so difficult due to the fall in ST's and attendance. Partly the reason for that is the sucker people have gained from forums like this, egging each other on to stop supporting the club. Yet looking forward to away days instead. That will do nothing to get us out this division.

:petesake: that's it blame the fans (again) rather than the incompetent fools who've ran us into the ground over the past decade or more, I include Barry in that as well and there is little point trying to prove to us how much he cares for the club when we already know he cares more for his little perks and the kudos he seems to take from being a director than anything that the fans might wish for. He's in it for himself nobody else and there's nothing you could ever say to change my view on that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tGWB said:

due by 27th June 

The new filing date is tomorrow with CH, but they will file abbreviated accounts which don’t show that much. This stuff is nearly a year old now (the law is stupid on this point) it’s the following year where we will learn a lot. The Trust are supposed to be getting a more in depth look at the accounts, I think...

21 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

The new filing date is tomorrow with CH, but they will file abbreviated accounts which don’t show that much. This stuff is nearly a year old now (the law is stupid on this point) it’s the following year where we will learn a lot. The Trust are supposed to be getting a more in depth look at the accounts, I think...

Personally I dont see it like that.

If AL has anything like a decent accountant he will clear the decks, throw everything he can into losses for the year up to June 2018, including the kitchen sink and blame it on the previous owner. 

3 hours ago, Lags said:

I fear next season will be so difficult due to the fall in ST's and attendance. Partly the reason for that is the sucker people have gained from forums like this, egging each other on to stop supporting the club.

I’m sorry but this is bullshit Lags. People have stopped handing money over to the club due to the way the owner is running things. Not because of other people. AL needs to realise this and rectify it 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

:petesake: that's it blame the fans (again) rather than the incompetent fools who've ran us into the ground over the past decade or more, I include Barry in that as well and there is little point trying to prove to us how much he cares for the club when we already know he cares more for his little perks and the kudos he seems to take from being a director than anything that the fans might wish for. He's in it for himself nobody else and there's nothing you could ever say to change my view on that.

So you're saying he lied to me? 

I've not blamed the fans for the state the club is in, not once. I've said the fans can help get us out of the shit, big difference.

I've said I don't want to change anybody's view. Most are to entrenched.

Just now, jorvik_latic said:

I’m sorry but this is bullshit Lags. People have stopped handing money over to the club due to the way the owner is running things. Not because of other people. AL needs to realise this and rectify it 

Christ, does it matter for what reason?. The best chance out of the division remains the same. But yeah stick to your view, it's bullshit

6 minutes ago, Lags said:

Christ, does it matter for what reason?. The best chance out of the division remains the same. But yeah stick to your view, it's bullshit

Yes, it does! It’s something that can be corrected if the owner had a fucking clue. But yeah, blame the fans like BO always does and will. I can see now why you wonder why Barry is such a villain, you’re on the same wavelength. Fans are wrong, always. 

Edited by jorvik_latic

3 hours ago, Lags said:

I thought you were leaving it? 

Seems you’re as entrenched in your opinion as others are in theirs.

Edited by League one forever
  • Like 1

Yes, it does! It’s something that can be corrected if the owner had a fucking clue. But yeah, blame the fans like BO always does and will. I can see now why you wonder why Barry is such a villain, you’re on the same wavelength. Fans are wrong, always. 

Where have I blamed the fans, I haven't. I've said we're ALL needed together to give us a chance. 

Nice try Jorvik to use that approach but it's not what I've said. Have another conversation at home and then post the reply.

I totally do not have the mindset you wish others to believe. So will you accept it from the horses mouth?.

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

I thought you were leaving it? 

Seems you’re as entrenched in your opinion as others are in theirs.

I change my mind. I also thought it reasonable to reply to considered posts

13 minutes ago, Lags said:

I change my mind. I also thought it reasonable to reply to considered posts

So. 

You’ve posted on a forum with your view, and asked others for theirs. Fair enough. You’ve had numerous well balanced replies disagreeing with you. However despite saying you’d leave it, and despite saying you don’t want to change opinion- You keep posting saying ‘we should talk to him’

Im struggling to see what would satisfy you? It’s obvious nobody would like to do what you want. 

The vast majority of the board disagree with you, is that allowed? Or do we have to keep saying the same thing over and over. 

Lags, no answer? No? You’ve made it personal. I wasn’t going to comment for fear of you telling me I’m in a click (as you are wont when losing an argument) - but well done, I’m biting. Who’s intimidating who now?

You blunder onto here like Barry, pretending you’ve learned a lot from your previous mistakes (or whatever you said). You ask why people don’t like Barry. Then disagree with everyone. You put horrendously weak arguments forward about why we should all like Barry and disagree when people point out how he’s fucked most of those up too. Then you kick into passive-aggressive mode saying everyone who dislikes Barry is a sheep, anyone deciding not to give money to Abdallah is a sucker, and anyone who agrees with anyone else on here (but disagrees with you) is in a clique. 

You are a hypocrite. You have too many personal issues with people on here to hear what people are saying. Crack on. If you’re trying to do Barry a favour on this thread, you’re not. 

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

So. 

You’ve posted on a forum with your view, and asked others for theirs. Fair enough. You’ve had numerous well balanced replies disagreeing with you. However despite saying you’d leave it, and despite saying you don’t want to change opinion- You keep posting saying ‘we should talk to him’

Im struggling to see what would satisfy you? It’s obvious nobody would like to do what you want. 

The vast majority of the board disagree with you, is that allowed? Or do we have to keep saying the same thing over and over. 

Yes, everything is allowed. Sooner or later the thread will fizzle out and everybody can debate the next thing. Like I've said, some have indeed got their own genuine reasons and of those that have replied to this thread highlighting them have contributed in the correct manner I hoped when I raised it. Others maybe not.

OWTB always was and remains quite a hostile platform, but that's social media all over. I am sure the more tolerant amongst the members will no doubt realise I've debated in the correct manner. 

As I stated to your earlier post, I felt it reasonable and only right I replied to a poster who took the trouble to write a measured and considered reply. Unfortunately I've been side tracked by the odd few perhaps I shouldn't have. 

35 minutes ago, Lags said:

Where have I blamed the fans, I haven't. I've said we're ALL needed together to give us a chance. 

Nice try Jorvik to use that approach but it's not what I've said. Have another conversation at home and then post the reply.

I totally do not have the mindset you wish others to believe. So will you accept it from the horses mouth?.

The bit I quoted was you literally blaming fans. 

No idea what you’re trying to insinuate with the rest of your post but I’d give up while you’re behind if I were you. You’re posting some weird shit. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, maddog said:

Lags, no answer? No? You’ve made it personal. I wasn’t going to comment for fear of you telling me I’m in a click (as you are wont when losing an argument) - but well done, I’m biting. Who’s intimidating who now?

You blunder onto here like Barry, pretending you’ve learned a lot from your previous mistakes (or whatever you said). You ask why people don’t like Barry. Then disagree with everyone. You put horrendously weak arguments forward about why we should all like Barry and disagree when people point out how he’s fucked most of those up too. Then you kick into passive-aggressive mode saying everyone who dislikes Barry is a sheep, anyone deciding not to give money to Abdallah is a sucker, and anyone who agrees with anyone else on here (but disagrees with you) is in a clique. 

You are a hypocrite. You have too many personal issues with people on here to hear what people are saying. Crack on. If you’re trying to do Barry a favour on this thread, you’re not. 

That's your opinion, you couldn't be further from the truth, but it's noted

The bit I quoted was you literally blaming fans. 

No idea what you’re trying to insinuate with the rest of your post but I’d give up while you’re behind if I were you. You’re posting some weird shit. 

For the third time, I have not blamed the fans nor do I. 

Just now, Lags said:

That's your opinion, you couldn't be further from the truth, but it's noted

Seriously, which bit couldn’t be further from the truth? I’d really like to get where you’re coming from. 

4 hours ago, Lags said:

I fear next season will be so difficult due to the fall in ST's and attendance. Partly the reason for that is the sucker people have gained from forums like this, egging each other on to stop supporting the club. Yet looking forward to away days instead. That will do nothing to get us out this division.

Again Lags, this is you blaming fans. 

2 minutes ago, maddog said:

Seriously, which bit couldn’t be further from the truth? I’d really like to get where you’re coming from. 

All of it really. If you want a conversation I'll PM you my mobile.  This thread if for the topic.

Again Lags, this is you blaming fans. 

Paste the complete post, not a snippet for the whole context. The final bit is common sense, we ALL need to be in it together. No fan = no money= no chance

If you are trying to tell me that on social media some people have not been egging others on to not renew and just do away days, you're blind. It's been working.

• Like 1