Keeper signed

37 minutes ago, ChrisRichard said:

Yes! Finally OUR goal keeper! The loans have been great but what we now have is a position we hopefully won't have to start all over again with next year. Welcome Gary. 

Placide was ours

2 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Jesus were getting excited over a keeper who played most recently for orient and in Scotland. He will ne shite 

90 odd % appearances in Doncaster's promotion season and 3 seasons at Hamilton suggest he probably won't be. More of a concern is we don't have a goalkeeping coach yet.

43 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

90 odd % appearances in Doncaster's promotion season and 3 seasons at Hamilton suggest he probably won't be. More of a concern is we don't have a goalkeeping coach yet.

Don’t worry about the keeper coach...big Mo L used to play in net at 5 a side...he’s got this! 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Far too much positivity regards the first two signings. Something doesn’t feel right !  For a bit of balance. I was expecting all French tbh so I’m fucking fuming. The next batch best be from Papua New Guinea or I’m done with this circus

They would fit right in with our two new signings too...

Papua New Guinea - Official languages: English, Tok Pisin, Hiri Motu

• Like 2

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

You think I have a future? Just looked at wiki and was totally underwhelmed, is that enough. Could u put my name about please see what's out there. Thanks

Just out a matter of interest, what calibre of player were you expecting us to sign? A keeper who has played 187 career games, all arguably at a higher level than what we currently play at (depends what your thoughts are on Scottish Football) is to me a solid signing and an encouraging one to boot.

I am pleasantly surprised at the last two signings in Woods and Mills. I thought it would be extremely rare for us to sign English players and even stated that we wouldn't sign any given we had our required amount for a matchday squad already there. I am still expecting the #frenchlads to arrive and I hope they can bolster our squad with ability but we'll see. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, latics22 said:

Jesus were getting excited over a keeper who played most recently for orient and in Scotland. He will ne shite 

Who is getting excited? Latics need a 'keeper with some experience...they signed one and if he turns out to be "shite" will you then be excited? 

Wtf are you expecting, Premiership goalkeepers lining up at the door?? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Who is getting excited? Latics need a 'keeper with some experience...they signed one and if he turns out to be "shite" will you then be excited? 

Wtf are you expecting, Premiership goalkeepers lining up at the door?? 

.....and us oldies get accused of living in the past !