Keeper signed

4 hours ago, latics22 said:

You think I have a future? Just looked at wiki and was totally underwhelmed, is that enough. Could u put my name about please see what's out there. Thanks

Think you might need to have a look at least once at a player first before judgement, even then it can be wrong.

Done that myself (although most were right about some of last seasons Latics import after 5 minutes).

Edited by BP1960

5 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Think you might need to have a look at least once at a player first before judgement, even then it can be can be wrong.

Done that myself (although most were right about some of last seasons Latics import after 5 minutes).

Why bother watching a player perform when you can just rely on the all-seeing eye of Wikipedia to form YOUR opinion ?

6 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Why bother watching a player perform when you can just rely on the all-seeing eye of Wikipedia to form YOUR opinion ?

In my experience the fans from the club he's at have a fair idea. Not always though. 😉

9 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

In my experience the fans from the club he's at have a fair idea. Not always though. 😉

Except Latics fans. I find fans of other teams generally view the views of our fans quite ridiculous. They find they often get players who have been with us so they look in places like here and twitter for reviews, if our fans reckon he is shit then he usually ends up being a good player for them.

3 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Except Latics fans. I find fans of other teams generally view the views of our fans quite ridiculous. They find they often get players who have been with us so they look in places like here and twitter for reviews, if our fans reckon he is shit then he usually ends up being a good player for them.

Does this work vice versa ? 

BTW I think you are a great poster on here 😳

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

I think most on here rate George as decent though and good value for Rangers (and us).

6 hours ago, unsworthlatic said:

Just out a matter of interest, what calibre of player were you expecting us to sign? A keeper who has played 187 career games, all arguably at a higher level than what we currently play at (depends what your thoughts are on Scottish Football) is to me a solid signing and an encouraging one to boot.

I am pleasantly surprised at the last two signings in Woods and Mills. I thought it would be extremely rare for us to sign English players and even stated that we wouldn't sign any given we had our required amount for a matchday squad already there. I am still expecting the #frenchlads to arrive and I hope they can bolster our squad with ability but we'll see. 

A loan of similar ilk to Iverson and Ripley, was what I expected. I doubt he is on their level?

7 minutes ago, latics22 said:

A loan of similar ilk to Iverson and Ripley, was what I expected. I doubt he is on their level?

2 of the 3 teams that were promoted from L1 the season we went down had goalies on loan from the PL. Not a bad way to go....

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, latics22 said:

As much as loans can benefit the club, the stability of having the same keeper (should he be adequate) ready for the 2020/21 season is encouraging. I've always thought that you should have your own goalkeeper (Kelly, Pogliacomi), that said my opinion has changed slightly since we've had Iversen and Ripley. 

I've always wanted your loan players to dominate a game, a goalkeeper can't do that. Remembering loanees in years gone by, Kilkenny dictating play in midfield, Surridge scoring 1 in ever 2/3 chances etc. I also think loaning forward thinking players who can change games with flair and/or pace is where you should look to get them. 2 wingers, a centre midfielder and 1/2 strikers unless you can find your own.

Just my opinion of course.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Just pensioners having a laugh. 

Before contemplating another day of self indulgence , spending our pensions, enjoying concessionary prices, looking at holiday brochures...We certainly are having a laugh

Suck it up young man.

Edited by LaticsPete
  • Like 6