Official stats

For now I'll leave the names blank, but I'll use the top 10 'players share of goal mistakes from all goals conceded by Latics last season' OAFC's official stats

First player                26 mistakes,  average per 90 minutes 0.51

Second player          12 mistakes,  average per 90 minutes 0.29

Third player              11 mistakes,  average per 90 minutes 0.20

fourth player            10 mistakes,  average per 90 minutes 0.22

Fifth player                8 mistakes,  average per 90 minutes 0.24

Sixth player               7 mistakes,  average per 90 minutes 0.13

Seventh player          6 mistakes,  average per 90 minutes 0.13

eighth player             4 mistakes,  average per 90 minutes 0.09

ninth player               3 mistakes,  average per 90 minutes 0.09

tenth player               3 mistakes,  average per 90 minutes 0.20

Fill in the players.

17 minutes ago, Lags said:

For now I'll leave the names blank, but I'll use the top 10 'players share of goal mistakes from all goals conceded by Latics last season' OAFC's official stats

First player       Clarke         26 mistakes,  average per 90 minutes 0.51

Second player      Edmundson    12 mistakes,  average per 90 minutes 0.29

Third player     Hunt         11 mistakes,  average per 90 minutes 0.20

fourth player    Hamer        10 mistakes,  average per 90 minutes 0.22

Fifth player     Gardner           8 mistakes,  average per 90 minutes 0.24

Sixth player    Missilou           7 mistakes,  average per 90 minutes 0.13

Seventh player Maouche         6 mistakes,  average per 90 minutes 0.13

eighth player          Nepo   4 mistakes,  average per 90 minutes 0.09

ninth player       Taylor        3 mistakes,  average per 90 minutes 0.09

tenth player       Iversen        3 mistakes,  average per 90 minutes 0.20

Fill in the players.

The club are trying to justify releasing Clarke I suspect.

What he gives in other areas though is immeasurable and I suspect Edmondson, Iverson, Ripley and others will all endorse what a true pro he is in every respect, thing is with a player like Peter Clarke he will not expose a young player around him and does everything possible to protect them.

Only a fool wouldn't see what he has to offer a team and if the likes of Vera, Benteke and O'Grady are offered deals than you really have to question why the skipper wasnt.

40 minutes ago, Lags said:

First player                26 mistakes,  average per 90 minutes 0.51

Second player          12 mistakes,  average per 90 minutes 0.29

Third player              11 mistakes,  average per 90 minutes 0.20

fourth player            10 mistakes,  average per 90 minutes 0.22

Fifth player                8 mistakes,  average per 90 minutes 0.24

Sixth player               7 mistakes,  average per 90 minutes 0.13

Seventh player          6 mistakes,  average per 90 minutes 0.13

eighth player             4 mistakes,  average per 90 minutes 0.09

ninth player               3 mistakes,  average per 90 minutes 0.09

tenth player               3 mistakes,  average per 90 minutes 0.20

Fill in the players.

Have they given the definition of a mistake? 

33 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Have they given the definition of a mistake? 

Exactly. A  mistake can be made up front. which after passages of play, ends up in conceding a goal where a defender can ultimately be blamed.

A mistake could be made leading to a corner. The corner is taken and either the goalie flaps at it, or someone fails to pick up a goal scorer. Who is to blame, the player who gave away the corner, or the player who made the mistake defending it?

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

The club are trying to justify releasing Clarke I suspect.

What he gives in other areas though is immeasurable and I suspect Edmondson, Iverson, Ripley and others will all endorse what a true pro he is in every respect, thing is with a player like Peter Clarke he will not expose a young player around him and does everything possible to protect them.

Only a fool wouldn't see what he has to offer a team and if the likes of Vera, Benteke and O'Grady are offered deals than you really have to question why the skipper wasnt.

I am on record and gladly repeat id have given Clarke one more season. Even just to have around the squad. At some point it ends. The problem with stats you can use them in alsorts of ways to suit. One thing is for sure if the club doesn't bring in a suitable replacement it will be seen as a fail

Lies, damned lies..... and statistics.

The stats are about "mistakes" around goals conceded. Thereby completely skewed against defenders and goalkeepers. What if some useless lump up front loses the ball needlessly, opposition gains possession and storms forward, a defender slips during the counter attack and the opposition score. "Mistake" goes against the defender when, in fact, the useless lump up front made the initial mistake.

Completely meaningless statistics.

Not to mention it’s a proper shit thing to do. Players know when they make mistakes, they don’t need some clipboard prick telling them it’s their fault. Or even worse some flat cap prick, some sneering prick and a bumbling red fleeced prick bringing it up in a ‘performance review’ or contract negotiation. The more l think about this the more it pisses me off. Such a shit mindset to have. It best not even be real.

17 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Not to mention it’s a proper shit thing to do. Players know when they make mistakes, they don’t need some clipboard prick telling them it’s their fault. Or even worse some flat cap prick, some sneering prick and a bumbling red fleeced prick bringing it up in a ‘performance review’ or contract negotiation. The more l think about this the more it pisses me off. Such a shit mindset to have. It best not even be real.

Or alternatively by logging the instances it allows for analysis and mitigation which will allow the player in question to work with coaching staff to eradicate the reason for the mistakes? Ultimately this will help him improve as a footballer.

34 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Lies, damned lies..... and statistics.

The stats are about "mistakes" around goals conceded. Thereby completely skewed against defenders and goalkeepers. What if some useless lump up front loses the ball needlessly, opposition gains possession and storms forward, a defender slips during the counter attack and the opposition score. "Mistake" goes against the defender when, in fact, the useless lump up front made the initial mistake.

Completely meaningless statistics.

I remember quite recently a defender putting a ball out for a corner because he was too fat to kick it into touch up the field. Not even a mistake technically but others got a load of stick for how they defended it

35 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Get real. This will exist in every club in the land and will be used to review performance along with other stats. It won’t be used in isolation and it won’t be the be all and end all. 

Publicising it is another matter, I agree. 

1 hour ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Thought you'd called a truce.

Just what your protagonist took exception to.

Almost didn’t put him in but whether l like it or not he is part of the set up and there is no way l am censoring myself based on one dingle persons getting over upset when he is in the wrong anyway. 

And l didn’t call any truce l simply stopped reading his replies at the point l said l was going to leave it.

51 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Get real. This will exist in every club in the land and will be used to review performance along with other stats. It won’t be used in isolation and it won’t be the be all and end all. 

Publicising it is another matter, I agree. 

Yeah that’s probably right, l think it’s just the publicising bit that’s riling me.

Clip board prick is still clip board prick tho, suppose l’d jus take the piss out of him later in training.

Archived