Press Conference

Ah but everything's great, he knows the President so we will be in a "special relationship" I assume!!

Oh by the way, are our new kit manufacturers doing a club flat cap - i know they have in the past but I want to dress like the "Director of Football".:peepwall:

Did he mention we were signing Thierry Henry? Sure I heard it mentioned in the interview.

Would people have him here, he's a bit old but surely at 41 he still has that touch of class at this level. Can't see him stopping his punditry to come and play here though. 

3 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

Did he mention we were signing Thierry Henry? Sure I heard it mentioned in the interview.

Would people have him here, he's a bit old but surely at 41 he still has that touch of class at this level. Can't see him stopping his punditry to come and play here though. 

No.

One of the press said that Henry has stated in the past that HB is the best coach he has worked with.

He may be a good coach, but manager?

1 minute ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Lol. He’s literally just here to coach the team. Everything else to be handled by Mo and AL and Baz. Not that it should be a surprise. 

When you put it like that it's a wank situation, playing footy manager with our fucking club, cunts.

My favorite part was

QUESTION GUY: What do you make of the players?

LAURENT BANIDE: *doesn’t understand*

QG: (bit slower slightly louder) What do you think of the players here?

LB: *doesn’t understand, looks left for some French*

a finger appears from LB’s right and prods him, says slowly and loudly so it translates into perfect French ‘YOUR. ASSESMENT. OF. THE SQUAD.’

LB then goes on to talk about something else.

IMO that was fuckin ace.

8 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

My favorite part was

a finger appears from LB’s right and prods him, says slowly and loudly so it translates into perfect French ‘YOUR. ASSESMENT. OF. THE SQUAD.’

IMO that was fuckin ace.

Roy, wasn't it? Up there with "can't see Placide over there in that black kit."

Still laughing...

• Like 4

That was quite painful to listen to... And no I’m not knocking the guy no doubt in French it would be quite interesting (if you understood French) but had to turn it off after the finger part.

Edited by OAFC1984

55 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

My favorite part was

IMO that was fuckin ace.

That made me laugh, it sounded like Fred Dibna had joined the press conference.

15 minutes ago, OAFC1984 said:

That was quite painful to listen to... And no I’m not knocking the guy no doubt in French it would be quite interesting (if you understood French) but had to turn it off after the finger part.

59 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

My favorite part was

IMO that was fuckin ace.

He did answer the question though didn’t he? He spoke of the potential of the young players and his hope to help them improve.

I didn’t think he did too badly for a first press conference.

• Like 1

Considering English isn't his first language and plenty on here said he didn't speak a word of English (FACT) it wasn't that bad at all.

Can he coach them? Fuck knows, but his english isn't bad at all. Worst case scenario he'll be able to order a taxi to Manny airport easy enough

3 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

He did answer the question though didn’t he? He spoke of the potential of the young players and his hope to help them improve.

I didn’t think he did too badly for a first press conference.

No. He was asked now he’s had two sessions what he thought of the squad and he answered his plan is to make youth players better.

Not knocking the gaffer, l’m just laughing at how we always manage to make ourselves out as amateurish, because if l didn’t laugh at it it would probably be quite sad.

1 minute ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Considering English isn't his first language and plenty on here said he didn't speak a word of English (FACT) it wasn't that bad at all.

Can he coach them? Fuck knows, but his english isn't bad at all. Worst case scenario he'll be able to order a taxi to Manny airport easy enough

If he got one here it might be worth leaving the taxi outside with the meter running