Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BP1960

Press Conference

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Just shows the apathy when it couldn't even raise a thread of its own until now hours after the event.

Edited by BP1960

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah but everything's great, he knows the President so we will be in a "special relationship" I assume!!

 

Oh by the way, are our new kit manufacturers doing a club flat cap - i know they have in the past but I want to dress like the "Director of Football".:peepwall:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did he mention we were signing Thierry Henry? Sure I heard it mentioned in the interview.

Would people have him here, he's a bit old but surely at 41 he still has that touch of class at this level. Can't see him stopping his punditry to come and play here though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

Did he mention we were signing Thierry Henry? Sure I heard it mentioned in the interview.

Would people have him here, he's a bit old but surely at 41 he still has that touch of class at this level. Can't see him stopping his punditry to come and play here though. 

No.

One of the press said that Henry has stated in the past that HB is the best coach he has worked with.

He may be a good coach, but manager?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol. He’s literally just here to coach the team. Everything else to be handled by Mo and AL and Baz. Not that it should be a surprise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some press conference that. School kids in attendance as well, AL fan club roots are well and true. Give them a sweetener and they’ll fall at their knees.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Lol. He’s literally just here to coach the team. Everything else to be handled by Mo and AL and Baz. Not that it should be a surprise. 

When you put it like that it's a wank situation, playing footy manager with our fucking club, cunts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My favorite part was

 

QUESTION GUY: What do you make of the players?

LAURENT BANIDE: *doesn’t understand*

QG: (bit slower slightly louder) What do you think of the players here?

LB: *doesn’t understand, looks left for some French*

 

a finger appears from LB’s right and prods him, says slowly and loudly so it translates into perfect French ‘YOUR. ASSESMENT. OF. THE SQUAD.’

LB then goes on to talk about something else.

 

 

IMO that was fuckin ace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

My favorite part was

 

QUESTION GUY: What do you make of the players?

LAURENT BANIDE: *doesn’t understand*

QG: (bit slower slightly louder) What do you think of the players here?

LB: *doesn’t understand, looks left for some French*

 

a finger appears from LB’s right and prods him, says slowly and loudly so it translates into perfect French ‘YOUR. ASSESMENT. OF. THE SQUAD.’

LB then goes on to talk about something else.

 

 

IMO that was fuckin ace.

Roy, wasn't it? Up there with "can't see Placide over there in that black kit."

 

Still laughing...

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About time Roy retired. Thanks for the effort over the years but time to ease him off any important duties and that includes commentating. Keep him around to make coffees or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

What was his philosophy? He mentioned it but didn't really elaborate.

Edited by longtimeblue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, longtimeblue said:

What was his philosophy? He mentioned it but didn't really elaborate.

Experience and humility.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

That was quite painful to listen to... And no I’m not knocking the guy no doubt in French it would be quite interesting (if you understood French) but had to turn it off after the finger part.

 

 

Edited by OAFC1984

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That hat was worse than any fleece Barry Snr has ever worn. Ffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

My favorite part was

 

QUESTION GUY: What do you make of the players?

LAURENT BANIDE: *doesn’t understand*

QG: (bit slower slightly louder) What do you think of the players here?

LB: *doesn’t understand, looks left for some French*

 

a finger appears from LB’s right and prods him, says slowly and loudly so it translates into perfect French ‘YOUR. ASSESMENT. OF. THE SQUAD.’

LB then goes on to talk about something else.

 

 

IMO that was fuckin ace.

That made me laugh, it sounded like Fred Dibna had joined the press conference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, OAFC1984 said:

 

the finger part.

 

 

😂😂😂😂😂

Excellently put!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, OAFC1984 said:

That was quite painful to listen to... And no I’m not knocking the guy no doubt in French it would be quite interesting (if you understood French) but had to turn it off after the finger part.

 

 

 

59 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

My favorite part was

 

QUESTION GUY: What do you make of the players?

LAURENT BANIDE: *doesn’t understand*

QG: (bit slower slightly louder) What do you think of the players here?

LB: *doesn’t understand, looks left for some French*

 

a finger appears from LB’s right and prods him, says slowly and loudly so it translates into perfect French ‘YOUR. ASSESMENT. OF. THE SQUAD.’

LB then goes on to talk about something else.

 

 

IMO that was fuckin ace.

 

He did answer the question though didn’t he? He spoke of the potential of the young players and his hope to help them improve.

I didn’t think he did too badly for a first press conference.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering English isn't his first language and plenty on here said he didn't speak a word of English (FACT) it wasn't that bad at all.

 

Can he coach them? Fuck knows, but his english isn't bad at all. Worst case scenario he'll be able to order a taxi to Manny airport easy enough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

 

 

He did answer the question though didn’t he? He spoke of the potential of the young players and his hope to help them improve.

I didn’t think he did too badly for a first press conference.

No. He was asked now he’s had two sessions what he thought of the squad and he answered his plan is to make youth players better.

Not knocking the gaffer, l’m just laughing at how we always manage to make ourselves out as amateurish, because if l didn’t laugh at it it would probably be quite sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Considering English isn't his first language and plenty on here said he didn't speak a word of English (FACT) it wasn't that bad at all.

 

Can he coach them? Fuck knows, but his english isn't bad at all. Worst case scenario he'll be able to order a taxi to Manny airport easy enough

 

If he got one here it might be worth leaving the taxi outside with the meter running

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

What was his philosophy? He mentioned it but didn't really elaborate.

His philosophy is used to work at Monaco. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...