Press Conference

It’s not his fault that his English isn’t great so I’m not critical of him as such but I found that really hard listening which makes me worry how the players will find it. I also feel that in any league two side you need a bigger percentage of British players who know the leagues here but I worry that despite Mills and Woods signing there will be a bigger number of foreign players, I hope I’m wrong.

i had to laugh at ML whispering about team spirit in his ear 😂😂

Thanks Singe

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

My favorite part was

QUESTION GUY: What do you make of the players?

LAURENT BANIDE: *doesn’t understand*

QG: (bit slower slightly louder) What do you think of the players here?

LB: *doesn’t understand, looks left for some French*

a finger appears from LB’s right and prods him, says slowly and loudly so it translates into perfect French ‘YOUR. ASSESMENT. OF. THE SQUAD.’

LB then goes on to talk about something else.

IMO that was fuckin ace.

:lol:

That was great! God Bless Roy hes such a good servant for our football club But Id love to see who is teaching Larry B English if he finds Roys English the easiest to understand. 

I’ve great time for Roy. A thoroughly decent bloke. 

No disrespect intended to him, but that press conference was abysmal, bordering on farce. 

Honestly, I’d rather Roy at the helm altogether if it meant the gobshite and his gobshite brother were gone. 

Well Marco and Mo have got themselves a coach.  I suspect he would do well working with the academy players as he has been there and done that.  I'm a little concerned that what we now have will not manage the team effectively.  English is not his problem Marco and Mo are.

6 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Grief? 

You know what I mean. He’s getting mentioned when we should be asking why the interviewer is asking a French speaker ‘what do you make of the squad?’. He’s not going to have a clue what he’s being asked. 

Edited by jorvik_latic
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, al_bro said:

No.

One of the press said that Henry has stated in the past that HB is the best coach he has worked with.

He may be a good coach, but manager?

I like the sound of this HB. He'll put lead in their pencils. 

• Like 1

A head coach having no say in transfers is very concerning. Even in the continental model, a manager usually has the final say on transfers (albeit the director of football handles the negotiations, fees etc). If this is how we are operating and the powers that be are playing ‘ip dip do’ with players and are not linking in with formations and tactics, well...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Mo looks pissed off for most of that but then he’s probably thinking I’ve got to do this twice more before Christmas!

On balance, I think we’re screwed 

#gonebynoel

#twatinacap

Not exactly Mr Motivator is he? 

9 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Not exactly Mr Motivator is he? 

I think that’s really Harsh BP.

I actually felt really sorry for him, he’s really trying to be engaging in a foreign language. He comes across miles better than he did on his first interview. Also he answered very genuinely when asked about how much time he needs, the direction of the club, what he wants to do with the youth, which all amounted to roughly the same thing IMO- 

‘I’ll try my best, but as you can see from the bloke on my left I’m well aware i might not be here by Christmas.’ 

As for Mo. Watching that made my blood boil. He sits there like a wannabe gangster, telling the manager what to say, and looking at people like there a piece of shit. I honestly felt like I was watching some cheap Ransom video, Banny is the hostage, and we’re all desperate for the nightmare to end. 

I hate how things have turned out. 

• Like 1

I heard that interview, but I can't say I really listened to much of it.  The "Team Spirit" bit that was whispered to him was fairly comical.

I hope he does well simply because it would be mutually beneficial if he does.  But I really can't think of a less significant boss that we've ever had.  He's a left-field choice for a compromised role in a risky system, he's very likely to not be our manager come New Year's Day 2020 given the records of our recent record of sackings managers.  Why should we be emotionally invested in Laurent Banide?

Really hope he plays a blinder and we're in League One by this time next year, but chances are that we'll not be needing to worry about that.

• Like 1