125th anniversary kit

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, nzlatic said:

Is the kit from 1895 in this link correct?...

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Oldham_Athletic/Oldham_Athletic.htm

If so, that's the one we should be having. Doesn't look like we've ever had all red sleeves, but as B seems to be the closest to the 1895 one, that'll get my vote.

Badge B also.

If we wear that 1895 kit, who's going to wear those shorts? Gregan has long gone. 

Ooh, wait a minute. Vera's shorts are pretty similar.

6 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

B & A 

^ This.... although I've grown to like the new badge, so would be happy with any of the crests on offer......

The kit though. We play in blue.

I hated that blue/red hooped sh1te in 1997...... I don't want red/white stripes as our home kit..... we're not Stoke/Sheff U/Southampton......

2 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

^ This.... although I've grown to like the new badge, so would be happy with any of the crests on offer......

I hated that blue/red hooped sh1te in 1997...... I don't want red/white stripes as our home kit..... we're not Stoke/Sheff U/Southampton......

Yes we play in blue, but my opinion is that to celebrate 125 yrs we should go to the very start for a season. Be a nice change rather than the same old blue top every year. Sales would go thru the roof compared to normal I reckon

7 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Yes we play in blue, but my opinion is that to celebrate 125 yrs we should go to the very start for a season. Be a nice change rather than the same old blue top every year. Sales would go thru the roof compared to normal I reckon

Eurgh. :sick01: Just like this abomination..... anyway, you can still have it, as the Away kit.....

Image result for oldham athletic kit 1997

4 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

We've only worn a solid(ish) blue shirt since 1972 and I, for one, am totally pissed off with it. No character, nothing individual; take the sponsor's name off and it could be anyone. At least the one we wore for over 30-odd years was Oldham. As @Chris15Arm says, the stripes were our very first kit, so should be recognised as the anniversary one IMO.

Just now, Bristolatic said:

We've only worn a solid(ish) blue shirt since 1972 and I, for one, am totally pissed off with it. No character, nothing individual; take the sponsor's name off and it could be anyone. At least the one we wore for over 30-odd years was Oldham. As @Chris15Arm says, the stripes were our very first kit, so should be recognised as the anniversary one IMO.

....it can be.... as the Away kit......

22 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Eurgh. :sick01: Just like this abomination..... anyway, you can still have it, as the Away kit.....

Wasn't the best looking kit. But at least it was different. I give up buying home kits years ago because why spend £40 on a shirt that's virtually the same as the last one. And it's only one year to celebrate. And having it as an away kit doesn't celebrate coz we've had all the colours under the sun for the away kit so it won't be special

47 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Is the kit from 1895 in this link correct?...

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Oldham_Athletic/Oldham_Athletic.htm

If so, that's the one we should be having. Doesn't look like we've ever had all red sleeves, but as B seems to be the closest to the 1895 one, that'll get my vote.

Badge B also.

Exactly that. And where I am at. 

If we couldn't do stripe sleeves, then blue sleeves as a nod to our colors now. 

Has to be the B badge. 

After what happened to Bury yesterday, just happy they're planning to have a team next season, never mind a kit!

B for the badge, obvs.

Don't mind the red and white stripes for the home, to be honest. Very Atletico Madrid. Change of kit might mean a change of fortune..

3 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

I hated that kit too.

Red and white vertical stripes isn't anywhere near as bad for me, though, particularly with the historical link. 

5 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

I would have had the red and white stripes as the away kit. We had the 'traditional' blue and white kit for most of the period 1910 to 1966. As such I would have had the home kit similar to the 1948-1950 version:

Oldham_Athletic_1948-1950-s.gif

. . . with badge B of course.

PS: We've only had a kit similar to A for 6 years, if you look at http://www.historicalkits.co.uk, so I'm not sure why this design has been chosen?

4 hours ago, singe said:

Exactly that. And where I am at. 

If we couldn't do stripe sleeves, then blue sleeves as a nod to our colors now. 

Has to be the B badge. 

If we ever amalgated with the Roughyeds the 1946-48 kit would be a best seller for both clubs.

Archived