“The target is to try to go up this year,” said Banide

49 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Tbh, I am expecting a man who has won everything there is to win with Al Kuwait to get a tune out of this squad.  

If he can't it's his fault, not the Lemmies.  They're blameless in this.  They're the ones who've dug deep this window and spent that 100% better budget as promised.  We have that many options on the wing, Hooters would be proud.

100% better budget as promised .. still waiting. 

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

100% better budget as promised .. still waiting. 

I’d hazard a guess its our most expensive squad for quite some time - as someone else said 35 players!!

the problem is you can spend the same money on a Bentley or a clapped out Vauxhall Nova if you are so inclined - one of them will still be shit.

We have a squad of Nova’s

5 minutes ago, OAFC1984 said:

I’d hazard a guess its our most expensive squad for quite some time - as someone else said 35 players!!

the problem is you can spend the same money on a Bentley or a clapped out Vauxhall Nova if you are so inclined - one of them will still be shit.

We have a squad of Nova’s

It's not double last season.

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

Indeed.  It might bemore accurate to say that for each one signed for the first team there'll be another couple who make minimal impact.

Even those that do make an impact on the 1st team are not ripping up trees a competent manager with a competent Sporting director/Chairman/head of recruitment could probably quite easily get upgrades on Nepo, Maouche, missilou, Sylla,and Fage

2 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Happy that we added Woods, Wheater, Egert, Mills and Wilson. These are added to the likes of Hamer, Iacovitti, Missilou, Maouche, Branger and Nepu that Pete Wild could get a tune out of last season so no reason we can't this season. Banide needs to work on how to do this. Sylla is coming on. Fage and Eagles have had promising starts. Smith added yesterday has potential. Very happy to see Morais back...liked him 1st time around and should help with our creativity issues. Desire looks raw but has something about him. Wilson will hopefully improve...but does need a man alongside him to be fair.

Very disappointed we didn't get another striker though. That is the one thing most of us hoped for upfront after landing the bruiser at the back in Wheater. Hoping to soon see Iacovitti moved back to his LB position and when fit, Egert in the middle which will help the balance of the team. At present, LB and LCB situation is a big issue and I'd be playing Stott and moving Iacovitti to LB.

Other additions, well we know very little about them until they take to the pitch. So many new players will take time to be coached and gel together. I long for the days we gave a squad half a season before writing it off. But it's 2019 and the saying "only as good as your last game" has never been more apt.

There's enough in those players I've listed for us to be pushing up the table (although I don't see us getting much down at Plymouth - who I expect to win the league - but thereafter...we shall see.) There have been improvements, we should've been well ahead at HT on Saturday but the tactic of long balling to 1 man upfront in the 2nd half vs Colchester left a lot to be desired. Was never getting back into the game like that. I know that the agenda will probably blame the owner for that tactic...sadly, that comes down to Banide as Head Coach. Like the team...he will need 10/15 games before being able to assess what he brings to the team. Rome wasn't built in a day and all that.

Who’s responsible for appointing Banide? If indeed Banide is being left in complete charge - without interference - from selecting the team and choosing the tactics? Wild said - when still employed by the club - there was no interference from the Lemmy’s in one interview - that you’re keen on quoting. Yet, contradicted that after his employment ended. The Head Coach could merely be in charge of putting the cones out at training?

9 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Who’s responsible for appointing Banide? If indeed Banide is being left in complete charge - without interference - from selecting the team and choosing the tactics? Wild said - when still employed by the club - there was no interference from the Lemmy’s in one interview - that you’re keen on quoting. Yet, contradicted that after his employment ended. The Head Coach could merely be in charge of putting the cones out at training?

Wild's radio interview is literally the only thing BB80 is clinging on to, despite the fact that picking and choosing which of his statements to be correct in order to suit his argument is just plain weird.

There's absolutely no excuse for the dreadful scattergun approach deployed by the two clowns - it's completely nonsensical to the average clued up person.  

I can only assume when the likes of the foreign lads are signing contracts for anywhere between £2k-£4k per week, the clowns are actually taking a cut from that (or somebody else is).

Having XI players scratching their arse every Saturday because they cannot get into a L2 squad of 18 is absolutely inexcusable.

49 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Wild's radio interview is literally the only thing BB80 is clinging on to, despite the fact that picking and choosing which of his statements to be correct in order to suit his argument is just plain weird.

There's absolutely no excuse for the dreadful scattergun approach deployed by the two clowns - it's completely nonsensical to the average clued up person.  

I can only assume when the likes of the foreign lads are signing contracts for anywhere between £2k-£4k per week, the clowns are actually taking a cut from that (or somebody else is).

Having XI players scratching their arse every Saturday because they cannot get into a L2 squad of 18 is absolutely inexcusable.

We are basically doing a Bury but without the good players.

We have a squad of dogshit with a couple of quality players, how can this coach work with a group of 30 odd players productively, you could tell at least 20 of them to stay at home and they wouldn't be missed, he could then concentrate on trying to get a team playing, there is no cohesion at all, okay we look more solid with Wheater in there but there isn't a player who will score more than six goals this season which means it's going to be a struggle, Surridge and Lang provided the quality last season but we've replaced them with bags of sand, it's a hopeless situation.

5 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

Think Scholes also went on record that apart from one incident over Clarke there was no interference.

51 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Think Scholes also went on record that apart from one incident over Clarke there was no interference.

Honestly - and I promise it's the last time I put it on here. An ex manager recently told me that the owner's brother (I can't even remember his name, that's how disinterested I have become) largely picks the team.

32 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Honestly - and I promise it's the last time I put it on here. An ex manager recently told me that the owner's brother (I can't even remember his name, that's how disinterested I have become) largely picks the team.

Of course he's meddling in first team affairs, anyone who thinks any different is a fool.

47 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

13 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Of course he's meddling in first team affairs, anyone who thinks any different is a fool.

Hi. A fool here. He does not pick the team, Banide does. 

18 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Even those that do make an impact on the 1st team are not ripping up trees a competent manager with a competent Sporting director/Chairman/head of recruitment could probably quite easily get upgrades on Nepo, Maouche, missilou, Sylla,and Fage

I think this is my biggest gripe about the whole scenario. Fans have settled that these players are actually good because they are better than the others in the squad. They are still really quite shit players. Maoche was captain ffs, and he couldn't even make the squad 2 years ago because we had better players that got us relegated from League 1.

There are at the minute 2 players in our squad who I would say are good enough for a team that could make promotion from this absolutely horrific league - Woods and Wheater. Eagles perhaps if he proves fitness. The rest are fodder.

Archived