Maouche signs 1 year extension

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy with this, but not ecstatic.

Good attacking midfield player, sh*te in a defensive role.

Not as good, by a considerable margin, as Baxter Mk.1 but better than Mk.2 (only because he was fit and available).

2 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Happy with this, but not ecstatic.

Good attacking midfield player, sh*te in a defensive role.

Not as good, by a considerable margin, as Baxter Mk.1 but better than Mk.2 (only because he was fit and available).

And better...

5 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

And better...

I'm confused (easily done)…..but who was/is better than whom?

A fully fit and available Baxter would be my first choice.

The Baxter we got who rocked up for 10 minutes here and there, blowing out of his backside, was less of an asset.

End of year report 2018/19...…..we need to keep one player out of  Maouche/Baxter for the following season. Maouche for me because Baxter would be a massive gamble.

9 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

The Baxter we got who rocked up for 10 minutes here and there, blowing out of his backside, was less of an asset.

End of year report 2018/19...…..we need to keep one player out of  Maouche/Baxter for the following season. Maouche for me because Baxter would be a massive gamble.

Alternatively bin them both off and look for better particularly if one of them appears to be pining for the captaincy.

57 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Alternatively bin them both off and look for better particularly if one of them appears to be pining for the captaincy.

Not heard of him chasing the captain's armband before......where has that come from?

5 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Not heard of him chasing the captain's armband before......where has that come from?

He wanted it last season, I suspect nothings changed this season.

In my opinion neither he nor Gardner did enough last season, in fact neither would be in my top 6 performers, if we are going to challenge for anything we need better players not the ones who failed last season, all the quality has gone and for me most of what we've retained is the chaff.

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

He wanted it last season, I suspect nothings changed this season.

I'd still like him in the team as an attacking midfield player but not as captain.

I'll take a shot in the dark and say Mills will get the gig.

Meh.  Effective 25% of a game but not every game.  Plenty of midfielders at our level better than him and mostly on less than him.  Smacks of nepotism.

Thing gets me is that it took him an age to agree to stay and extend his contract.  If a player does that, do they really want to stay?  I would have thought The Clown, the hot head that he appears, would have retracted a contract offer after a fortnight to those out of contract.  However with blurred lines around agents, owners etc then nothing surprises me.

When do we go to Morocco?  I would have expected a few more signings by now especially in the middle, in central defence and up front.   I wouldn’t expect the club to fund triallists over at Morocco.  

Nothing thus far has fired me to get a ST and I’ll pick and choose like last year - unfortunately how our club is going, non-football stuff is becoming more interesting.  I’m missing it less and less, which worries me and I was a diehard 

10 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

Stupid phone!

It was supposed to be how much better Maouche V2.0 was than Baxter V2.0. Granted they were playing against weaker opposition and MoMa had an extended run, but they still played against the same type of oppo.

What did me was Baxter ranting about certain players not playing for the team or being not good enough when he himself was exactly the same.

15 hours ago, PlayItLivo said:

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2019/july/04072019-maouche/

Quite happy about that. Wonder if he’s took a pay cut of we’ve matched his terms from last season.

Either way there’s a quality player in there, just hope he can display it more consistently.

Delighted. Decent player who will hopefully kick on this season. 

35 minutes ago, archiecat said:

Same as our yoofs getting to grips with......... He's the leader of the Latics and his name is Mohamed Maouche.

I predict that the cries of ‘Maooooooche!’ (*) will ring around BP next season 😉

* a la Joe Root 

Archived