OAFC women’s team

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

I missed this. Is this right that it is now affiliated officially with the club? 

I'm joint manager of the under 18's girls team. We have been officially associated with the club for about 2 years now but decided last year to not open a Women's team until the current crop of now under 18's are ready to make the jump up as a lot have been at the club throughout.

In 2 years time, maybe next year depending on how they cope with the under 18's league this upcoming season, they will make the jump to open age representing Oldham Athletic Football Club.

The under 18's this season however consists of 7, 16 year olds, 5, 15 year olds and currently 1, 14 year old so as you can appreciate this will be a big enough jump this season.

We aim this season to publish results of the games in order for Latics fans to keep up to date with the girls and women's teams.

• Like 15

3 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

I'm joint manager of the under 18's girls team. We have been officially associated with the club for about 2 years now but decided last year to not open a Women's team until the current crop of now under 18's are ready to make the jump up as a lot have been at the club throughout.

In 2 years time, maybe next year depending on how they cope with the under 18's league this upcoming season, they will make the jump to open age representing Oldham Athletic Football Club.

The under 18's this season however consists of 7, 16 year olds, 5, 15 year olds and currently 1, 14 year old so as you can appreciate this will be a big enough jump this season.

We aim this season to publish results of the games in order for Latics fans to keep up to date with the girls and women's teams.

Excellent.

Good luck with it all. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

Where do they play? Can people go and watch? 

4 hours ago, unsworthlatic said:

Will you be offering season tickets?

Had the pleasure of attending a Cup Final game they played in - they are a lovely bunch of girls, stuck together well when things were not going well in that particular game and showed spirit and character in abundance against a much slicker, faster team. I am sure with a good pre-season behind them , they will improve at a rate of knots and will embrace the new season in a different but more competitive league. 

Definitely go down again this season at some stage  

Just a bit of an update for you. Fixtures are released for the under 18’s during the first week of August with the first game of the season scheduled for 7th September 2019. Our home games will be played at Hathershaw College on 4G surface and games will be played on Saturday mornings. Access to game and attendance is allowed so feel free to come down and give the girls your support.

As I’ve stated previously, this will be the first women’s team in 2 years (max) time representing Oldham Athletic. We get quite a lot of help through the Community Trust and do have little contact with the club regarding training days on the Boundary Park surface. As of yet, there has not been any discussions regarding the girls having the opportunity to play on Boundary Park however over the next couple of years, this stance may change.

Currently, we have 14 players for the under 18’s and as such are still on the lookout for more players. Not just for the under 18’s but players for all age groups.

If you know of any girls aged between 7 and 17 who want to play for Oldham Athletic Girls and Women’s, feel free to drop me a message and I will give you details of training dates and times etc.

Thank you once again for all your support and I will update you once the fixtures have been released in regards to the under 18 side.

• Like 7