Our Worst Ever Striker

Worst ever Striker  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Go on lets do this. Their will be plenty of candidates for this but Im going to go with the popular choices

5 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

David "chicken" Currie is a good shout. Very gifted but couldn't see a team-mate...….would dribble the ball everywhere that was ineffective so much so, I'm certain he forgot which end he was attacking.

I saw him score a perfect hat tick against us at Oakwell in 1988. He’s looked like a world beater that day.

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

I second this. 

Came on big money with a big reputation too. 

Bury away was one of the worst performances I've ever seen 

Wasn’t he on loan first for a few games and was brilliant? Then signed permanent and was utter dog shit?

Very unfair to judge Vera so early and on far too few appearances, that's the problem with this forum, people are too premature to judge.

He needs a pre season and a good run of games to prove his shitiiness.

Personally I predict he will score 20+ goals this season.

If he doesn't you can call me, well, you can call me Redlion.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

Was Phil Starbuck a striker? If so him. The worst footballer I've seen play for Oldham (I missed seeing Lord Kanga..). 

Lord Kanga was a centre back, famous for a world record number of miskicks in his own penalty area in one match.

4 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

From the penalty spot. And he nearly ballsed that up. How many times was he a used sub? Add that to the 3 starts and you see that he wasn't very good.

Now come on shucky lad. Admit it; you're on a wind up.

Not at all. I don't agree how you can base someone who had three starts with us as our worst ever striker ....

48 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

Not at all. I don't agree how you can base someone who had three starts with us as our worst ever striker ....

I'll try again just one last time. He started 3 games. He luckily scored a very badly taken penalty for his only goal. He often wasn't in the squad, but he wasn't injured as far as I know. When he was used as a sub, he looked as though he'd never played football in his life. I don't think he would have scored if the opposition had gone home. So those three starts, then not being selected followed by having zero ability when used as a sub tells me he's one of the worst we've ever had.

If, by some strange quirk of fate, he turns out to be the striker we've been hankering after, I'll hold my hands up, admit I was wrong and accept he's worth having.

Now, is that fair enough?

Edit: FWIW, although I believe Vera is crap, Feeney was even worse

Edited by Bristolatic
Feeney

12 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

We've already done this - O'Grady is, pound for pound, our worst ever striker. 

Never has someone so bad started so many games. 

Give over

Edited by Ryan

Steve Kabba stands out as one for being completely devoid of footballing ability.

Billy McKay with his 0 goals and 0 assists from 20 League starts and 6 sub appearances has to be the worst record in the club’s entire history for a striker...

Edited by Ryan

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

Steve Kabba stands out as one for being completely devoid of footballing ability.

Billy McKay with his 0 goals and 0 assists from 20 League starts and 6 sub appearances has to be the worst record in the club’s entire history for a striker...

I'd forgotten about McKay. Thanks for reminding me. :devilish: