Our Worst Ever Striker

Worst ever Striker  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Go on lets do this. Their will be plenty of candidates for this but Im going to go with the popular choices

I voted Keigan Parker. His ability to ‘look busy’ while doing fuck all was unrivalled. 

He also had unbelievably annoying habit of going to challenge for the ball, but stopping five yards before he got there and throwing his arms up about why he couldn’t make a challenge. 

The first and only man to whinge about tackles/challenges he wasn’t actually involved in, but pretended he was. 

It was a new low. 

37 minutes ago, underdog said:

I think I have the winner. Not on the list.

Rob Purdie

I don't think he ever played for us. 

Yes/No?

Yep, Purdie was with us 2 years and never played once. But he was (allegedly) a midfielder, although we never actually found out.

He retired at the end of the 2017/18 season after his 5th spell with Hereford (and several other non-league teams along the way).

3 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Yep, Purdie was with us 2 years and never played once. But he was (allegedly) a midfielder, although we never actually found out.

He retired at the end of the 2017/18 season after his 5th spell with Hereford (and several other non-league teams along the way).

Penney’s first signing wasn’t he? Remember feeling quite optimistic about him.

Then again, I felt that way about Penney to at the start

1 minute ago, OAFC1984 said:

Penney’s first signing wasn’t he? Remember feeling quite optimistic about him.

Then again, I felt that way about Penney to at the start

Ronnie Moore wasn’t it? Only about five years difference so doesn’t really matter 😳😂

1 minute ago, Monty Burns said:

Ronnie Moore wasn’t it? Only about five years difference so doesn’t really matter 😳😂

Thought Ronnie’s was the nearly as lesser spotted than Purdie Chris Swailes 

Just checked - Purdie signed 2009 so yeah fits Penney’s era 

Edited by OAFC1984

If you judge it by reputations (as in you thought they could still be okay but they were total crud) then Brett Ormerod, Ben Burgess and Steve Kabba were all just appalling. Then there were others who just weren't up it - Matty Barlow, Paul Beavers, Junior Agogo, Molango, David McNiven, Dean Crowe, Dean Kelly etc etc...

On 7/6/2019 at 3:39 AM, mikejh45 said:

David "chicken" Currie is a good shout. Very gifted but couldn't see a team-mate...….would dribble the ball everywhere that was ineffective so much so, I'm certain he forgot which end he was attacking.

On the positive side - he turned into Maradonna for one night vs Notts County in the League Cup. Scored two, including a brilliant one.
One the massively debit side, should have scored a glorious late equalizer at Old Trafford but was scared by Schmeichel.
So yeah...he can do one. But not the worst.

1 hour ago, perfectOzblue said:

If you judge it by reputations (as in you thought they could still be okay but they were total crud) then Brett Ormerod, Ben Burgess and Steve Kabba were all just appalling. Then there were others who just weren't up it - Matty Barlow, Paul Beavers, Junior Agogo, Molango, David McNiven, Dean Crowe, Dean Kelly etc etc...

Jim Beardall has to be on the list, although he was a prolific goalscorer before departing to a North West Counties club.

9 hours ago, perfectOzblue said:

Remember that time Brett Ormerod was so crud that he left us to go scoring goals in the premier league 🙄

Delroy Facey's name is curiously absent from this discussion.

Michael Ricketts is a worthy mention for redefining the word "slow". 

Steve Kabba ranks up there in a long, long line of can't-be-arsed loan strikers. 

For those mentioning David Currie, I think he just looked totally shit because of the standards we'd grown used to. He showed flashes of brilliance (Anyone recall that goal into the postage stamp at home to Notts County?) but was one of the biggest shithouse I've ever seen. He probably lacked drive when he arrived with us because he was a goal-scoring machine and club legend for Barnsley.

• Like 2