Pitch update

1 hour ago, Bristolatic said:

And at the other end of the scale, our Saturday matches kicked off at 3:15 in days gone by. I believe it was to give factory workers a chance to get there after a shift.

I think we played in the first ever Sunday game, Was it against Cambridge in the FA cup? 

1 hour ago, Bristolatic said:

It was. Played on a Sunday due to Ted Heath's three day working week and power outages, so floodlights couldn't be used. We won the second reply at Nottingham Forest's City Ground. 1973/74?

I went to that one..mud heap of a pitch.

Re kick off times, I've got a  1952/3 Season Ticket that has the following info in it:

Aug 23 to Oct 4  3.0 ko

Oct 11 - Nov 1  2.45

Nov 8 - Nov 22  2.30

Nov 29 - Dec 27  2.15

Jan 3 - Jan 17 2.30

Jan 24 - Jan 31 2.45

Feb 7 - May 2  3.0

I wonder how many people turned up late (or early).

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

Re kick off times, I've got a  1952/3 Season Ticket that has the following info in it:

Aug 23 to Oct 4  3.0 ko

Oct 11 - Nov 1  2.45

Nov 8 - Nov 22  2.30

Nov 29 - Dec 27  2.15

Jan 3 - Jan 17 2.30

Jan 24 - Jan 31 2.45

Feb 7 - May 2  3.0

Went ambitiously early with 3pm on Feb 7th....

....it's also spot on that the season should not begin in the 1st week of August..... nor should it drag on past the 1st week of May.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LaticsPete said:

Aug 23 to Oct 4  3.0 ko

Oct 11 - Nov 1  2.45

Nov 8 - Nov 22  2.30

Nov 29 - Dec 27  2.15

Jan 3 - Jan 17 2.30

Jan 24 - Jan 31 2.45

Feb 7 - May 2  3.0

If AL sees this he will want to implement it again to save on the leckie bill.

2 hours ago, al_bro said:

If AL sees this he will want to implement it again to save on the leckie bill.

I’m a big traditionalist, and strongly dislike the trend to switch kick offs for tv purposes but wonder if Latics consistently starting at 2pm on a Saturday would have either a positive or negative impact

3 hours ago, LaticsPete said:

I’m a big traditionalist, and strongly dislike the trend to switch kick offs for tv purposes but wonder if Latics consistently starting at 2pm on a Saturday would have either a positive or negative impact

It would work for me, I'd be back in Heysham for tea :OASISscarf:

3 hours ago, LaticsPete said:

AL might like it. He'd save a few quid on the lekkie.

5 hours ago, LaticsPete said:

Probably negative when either (or both) City or United are in the early kickoff. 

Probably positive if either are in the evening kick off. It'd be perfectly doable to get to City afterwards and possible to get to United too. 

Thinking about it - United being in the Europa League means they'll play on Sunday more often, and rarely on a Tuesday, may well help improve our crowds. 

22 hours ago, LaticsPete said:

Great idea.

On 7/16/2019 at 6:37 PM, LaticsPete said:

But the original tradition seems to be that there was no traditional kick off time. 

18 hours ago, al_bro said:

Great idea.

Didn't Stockport County play most games on a Friday night when in the FL, think Tranmere tried it too?

Not sure if anyone played regularly on a Sunday though, maybe it's not allowed now?