Season tickets?

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Hands up if you've bought one? And more importantly, why?

Down about 15%.  The ones not renewing are the minority. I don’t feel like I need to justify buying a season ticket to anyone, let alone someone like you. So mind your own business. 😁

To be fair the price of them was attractive and a good move by the club to extend the offer if we are being positive about it, I have had one previously but haven't renewed for the past few seasons even though it invariably will end up costing me more, not having one makes getting a ticket for the Salford game more difficult although our allocation will probably be around 1200 and we don't play there till January I think so chances are pretty good. I've been to the revamped Peninsula Stadium (Moor Lane) several times but yet to watch Latics there so it's a must do game this season even if I end up in the home end.

8 hours ago, deyres42 said:

🖐

I have supported Latics for 54 years now and have had a season ticket for the last 21 years. The club is in my DNA and in a way is partly what defines me. I have stuck by the club through the good times (there have been a few) and the bad times (there have been many). For me it goes way beyond football.

However, I believe that we are at a pivotal point in our existence - The  Lemsagan brothers have to show that their ‘plan’ for the club has substance and if we do not progress this season, then even the diehards like me will join the growing number of dissenting voices.

Edited by TheBigDog
  • Like 1

It’s not just about season ticket numbers sold, it’s about revenue generated. If the percentage of tickets sold of concession tickets has increased, and the number of full adults tickets decreased plus the number of non renewers, the budget will have been impacted significantly.

Unless Marco is stumping up the shortfall of course👍🏻 

9 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Yep, because I go for what’s on the pitch (granted it’s shite) and wanting the team to do well. I don’t get het up about what’s happening off the pitch. There’s bigger things to worry about in life than some of the ridiculous things I’ve seen some moan about on here over the last year. I go because I love the club and just focus on the football. Fuck any sort of boycott in my opinion. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, deyres42 said:

I was against it for Months...but you know what...a few Saturdays in a row went by...and I was absolutely bored as F...the mrs works shifts, often on Saturdays so its not like we can have trips here there and everywhere weekly instead. The majority of the lads (I'm 26 btw) are now starting to get settled down and have their own lives with their own Girlfriends. I'm not a huge drinker so just going out every weekend isn't for me. To be honest....It's just what I do. I go football, with the old man. So I thought sod it. 

Bit of habit, bit of routine, it's just what I/We being me and my dad do. We go to footie on a Saturday. That will go away eventually due to natural causes no doubt (hopefully way way way way way down the line) but until then, Going footie with My Dad having a right good moan on the terraces, on a Saturday is just what I do. It's as Simple as that.

Edited by aaronoafc
  • Like 13

1 hour ago, aaronoafc said:

I was against it for Months...but you know what...a few Saturdays in a row went by...and I was absolutely bored as F...the mrs works shifts, often on Saturdays so its not like we can have trips here there and everywhere weekly instead. The majority of the lads (I'm 26 btw) are now starting to get settled down and have their own lives with their own Girlfriends. I'm not a huge drinker so just going out every weekend isn't for me. To be honest....It's just what I do. I go football, with the old man. So I thought sod it. 

Bit of habit, bit of routine, it's just what I/We being me and my dad do. We go to footie on a Saturday. That will go away eventually due to natural causes no doubt (hopefully way way way way way down the line) but until then, Going footie with My Dad having a right good moan on the terraces, on a Saturday is just what I do. It's as Simple as that.

Use of the word footie twice and it gets an upvote from Monty ?? Your getting soft you lad ! 

On 7/12/2019 at 5:46 PM, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Use of the word footie twice and it gets an upvote from Monty ?? Your getting soft you lad ! 

I was teary eyed at the sentiment and missed the first one. Tried to withdraw it upon seeing the one at the end but was denied 😞.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The ever reliable (though Prediction League jammy beggar) MilnrowLatic collected his ST this morning. Sales are, according to the gentleman serving him, just about 100 down on last year.

Yes, the extended reductions will have affected income, however if appears that there is still a significant proportion of supporters who have signed up again. 

Obviously KIG’s demographic analysis has underplayed the number of us over 50s that there are.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

The ever reliable (though Prediction League jammy beggar) MilnrowLatic collected his ST this morning. Sales are, according to the gentleman serving him, just about 100 down on last year.

Yes, the extended reductions will have affected income, however if appears that there is still a significant proportion of supporters who have signed up again. 

Obviously KIG’s demographic analysis has underplayed the number of us over 50s that there are.

100 down? At least there will still be a core when we go down I guess.

5 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

Lies!! The boycott by the powerful influencers is real!! 😂🎣

4 hours ago, LaticsPete said:

Not really a good sign for the future is it if you are relying on your over 50's bracket to prop up the season ticket sales.