A year today - Dave Stringer

26 minutes ago, maddog said:

I know exactly what he’d have thought! And he’d have posted it in his usual dry and witty way, pulling no punches!

I don't know, I always suspected he was hiding his own agenda after the father/son team, "confusion," over the Mayfair prostitutes 

11 minutes ago, leeslover said:

I don't know, I always suspected he was hiding his own agenda after the father/son team, "confusion," over the Mayfair prostitutes 

Leellover - you can take this as a compliment if you like - but I only understand about 1 in 10 of your posts.

6 minutes ago, laticsrblue said:

Leellover - you can take this as a compliment if you like - but I only understand about 1 in 10 of your posts.

I don't know if you read O4U's blogs, but there was an incident in London when he was with Chris and the tale involved a lady of the night. 

2 hours ago, laticsrblue said:

1 hour ago, maddog said:

Ditto 😁

5 minutes ago, leeslover said:

Imagine being @rosa and consider yourself lucky then!

You want to try talking to him face to face.  It's not easy. That @rosa is a very brave girl.

9 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

Met me when I had a bout of anxiety and depression and we had a walk around Ogden. 

Miss him, he was one in a million.

I could do with losing a pound or two but it's a bit harsh to say you had to do a lap of me! 

• Like 4

I never knew nor met Dave, but I miss his posts. They were always insightful and well considered. His blog was also a very good read. As he looks down, he must have a tear in his eye with what goes on these days at Latics. He would have commented so well.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, leeslover said:

Bad jokes aside of course, he is missed by very many people who only knew him via social media, as well as his nearest and dearest 

He’d love the bad jokes. He had loads of them 😊

On our way to Dave's funeral me and @leeslover were speculating about what music he'd picked for the service. (he was very proactive about putting his affairs in order when he was ill so we knew he'd have organised the funeral himself) Knowing he was a big Chris Rea fan i wondered if he'd gone for Road To Hell; leeslover agreed it couldn't be ruled out.

The funeral was as emotional as you'd imagine; everyone had a lot of affection for him and his family were utterly devastated to lose him so young. He was a lovely bloke (if, according to his oldest mates, a tight arse) and his approach to his illness and making the most of what time he had left was, at the risk of being mawkish, inspirational. 

He didn't go for Road to Hell as it turned out. We left the crematorium to the sound of Stayin' Alive by the Bee Gees. Rest in peace Dave you twisted get. 

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/david-stringer2

• Like 10

RIP Dave - I am sure i must have known you by sight if not by name but either way, another Chaddy Ender in the Blue Heaven above - always sad to lose our brethren, just wish that things "down here" were more to the liking of those dearly departed who loved Latics like we all do    

I wonder if the Brentford forum know?

I did chuckle greatly when we found out he called himself opinions5u on there. Of course, practically no one knew on here of his "double life",  but it was no surprise he was as fondly remembered on there too.

• Like 1