Joe Royle Stand and the OEC

23 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Slight complication being I’m on a distillery tour/workshop with her indoors and some friends from 7.00.  Wasn’t this billed as after the game? I’m sure it was. 

I  do fancy reading your report after the distillery tour!

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Slight complication being I’m on a distillery tour/workshop with her indoors and some friends from 7.00.  Wasn’t this billed as after the game? I’m sure it was. 

Once you go onto the page to book your ticket, it clearly states 6.30. However, I do accept your point because on the tweet was sent out, it said "after the Bolton game", so I can see why people would assume it was directly after...

45 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Once you go onto the page to book your ticket, it clearly states 6.30. However, I do accept your point because on the tweet was sent out, it said "after the Bolton game", so I can see why people would assume it was directly after...

I only looked at the booking yesterday. Bit of a mistake imo. Should have been directly after. People won’t be arsed going home and coming back. 

Anyhow. I’m sure there will be a blow by blow summary I can read tomorrow morning. 

On 7/26/2019 at 5:26 PM, kowenicki said:

Did someone say Distillery tour? I have just spent the day on Islay touring the distilleries - visited four - drank some fine stuff. Then got back to the hotel to find out the Stockport result. 👀

2 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Did someone say Distillery tour? I have just spent the day on Islay touring the distilleries - visited four - drank some fine stuff. Then got back to the hotel to find out the Stockport result. 👀

Spoiled it a bit for you? Or are you lubricated enough not to care? 😁

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

Spoiled it a bit for you? Or are you lubricated enough not to care? 😁

Just now, whittles left foot said:

Suggest you have a couple more large ones.

I saw the result but cannot remember what it was...did we win?

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, underdog said:

Can we take from it that a deal has been agreed to use the car parks, seats and kiosks and not the corporate facilities?

2 minutes ago, Macca said:

Can we take from it that a deal has been agreed to use the car parks, seats and kiosks and not the corporate facilities?

I have no idea Macca

I just thought I'd post the link in case fans missed it

6 minutes ago, Macca said:

Our original deal/lease agreement was to use all facilities other than the hospitality. It’s the hospitality etc that was up for negotiation and AL hasn’t gone ahead with their new contract. 

So in short...nothing new has been agreed with the FLG and we use the stand as we always have minus corporate boxes and hospitality in that stand. 

Just now, RobOAFC said:

So the FLG can basically put on their own matchday hospitality for those who want to stay in the JR stand?

I think the club can only put hospitality on at the stadium like the club are the only ones allowed to sell tickets to their games.

1 minute ago, RobOAFC said:

So the FLG can basically put on their own matchday hospitality for those who want to stay in the JR stand?

I believe it’s Not as straight forward as that. 

They would then have to pay OAFC per head to allow those people to watch the match from the boxes.

Something I am sure will not be happening. 

5 minutes ago, Macca said:

I think the club can only put hospitality on at the stadium like the club are the only ones allowed to sell tickets to their games.

4 minutes ago, JohnG123 said:

I believe it’s Not as straight forward as that. 

They would then have to pay OAFC per head to allow those people to watch the match from the boxes.

Something I am sure will not be happening. 

Could they not offer a pre and post match deal easily enough? 

I'd imagine a fair few would go for it

1 minute ago, RobOAFC said:

Could they not offer a pre and post match deal easily enough? 

I'd imagine a fair few would go for it

I think a fans bar pre and post match is fine but not selling hospitality on the back of someone elses event at the stadium. If they had the clubs permission then fine but I can't see that happening soon.

10 minutes ago, Macca said:

I think a fans bar pre and post match is fine but not selling hospitality on the back of someone elses event at the stadium. If they had the clubs permission then fine but I can't see that happening soon.

Guess they could do a pie and a pint event pre game...............

However would you pay £12.75 for a pie ? That’s what the OEC where charging OAFC for the 100 club members pie (Allegedly) (due to staffing costs and overheads etc etc) oh sorry and a 4% increase to cover wage increases.

26 minutes ago, JohnG123 said:

However would you pay £12.75 for a pie ? That’s what the OEC where charging OAFC for the 100 club members pie (Allegedly) (due to staffing costs and overheads etc etc) oh sorry and a 4% increase to cover wage increases.

They could just have the bar. Then maybe fill some of that empty space with stuff all fans can use, little Latics museum maybe? (I'm aware this particular idea is shit, so please don't point that out). Limiting your audience to 100 people limits your income, even if they're quite wealthy... 

33 minutes ago, JohnG123 said:

I'm sure the costs are higher to serve food in the 100 club than it would be to serve a pie in some plastic to the masses.

Just now, Jimbooth said:

They could just have the bar. Then maybe fill some of that empty space with stuff all fans can use, little Latics museum maybe? (I'm aware this particular idea is shit, so please don't point that out). Limiting your audience to 100 people limits your income, even if they're quite wealthy... 

There were more than just 100 club members in there, and I can assure you that many of us are far from wealthy, just some of us with health issues appreciating a little more covenience and comfort.

Archived