Joe Royle Stand and the OEC

30 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Not a lot of point if he doesn't answer anything.  I've run village hall raffles more professionally than this fella runs a business which matters to and employs many people.  Stop defending him; his behaviour is indefensible.

Not defending him but I'm sure it's not just me wondering why he'd turn down what's being banded about as free money

Also said plenty of times a lot he's done is a shambles

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Then it's a shitty deal for the club

I think mc that he may have been referring to "legacy issues" that need clearing up before starting with a clean slate. I may be wrong but recall reading something about past monies still owing. It wasn't a lot of money from memory but clearing the decks to then allow the future to run smoothly (and profitably) would make sense

1 minute ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Not defending him but I'm sure it's not just me wondering why he'd turn down what's being banded about as free money

Also said plenty of times a lot he's done is a shambles

Because he's arrogant and can't demean himself to negotiate?  Only a guess.

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Answer the point I've made. Why isn't that a good compromise.

Why would I give you £100 for you to then give me £150?

Easier if you just give me £50.

Sighs! If you must. Im going to try once with you after that Im going to give up.

Just so you know I worked for 6 and a half years for hospitality business as a an accountant its one of the biggest in the world they did the hospitality for a huge variety of businesses including 3 current premiership clubs so I have professional experience in this industry. The agreement that happens between OAFC and OEC is a very common one in the hospitality business. Many big companies outsource this aspect of their business and its often in a mutually beneficial way. I actually stuck up for Corney for this.

Think about it look at the people running OAFC The Lemsagams are football agents Barry Owen is a former Copper and long time football director. Whatever strengths these people have its not in running a hospitality business. So for that reason its best they outsource it to people like Simon Wood who clearly does know about this and just take their cut of the hospitality and get on with the football club.

Instead he has decided to pissup the wall £126,500 just to prove a point. Thats £126,500 for a football club that only a few months ago couldn't pay the water bill can you not see how foolish that is?

10 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Sighs! If you must. Im going to try once with you after that Im going to give up.

Just so you know I worked for 6 and a half years for hospitality business as a an accountant its one of the biggest in the world they did the hospitality for a huge variety of businesses including 3 current premiership clubs so I have professional experience in this industry. The agreement that happens between OAFC and OEC is a very common one in the hospitality business. Many big companies outsource this aspect of their business and its often in a mutually beneficial way. I actually stuck up for Corney for this.

Think about it look at the people running OAFC The Lemsagams are football agents Barry Owen is a former Copper and long time football director. Whatever strengths these people have its not in running a hospitality business. So for that reason its best they outsource it to people like Simon Wood who clearly does know about this and just take their cut of the hospitality and get on with the football club.

Instead he has decided to pissup the wall £126,500 just to prove a point. Thats £126,500 for a football club that only a few months ago couldn't pay the water bill can you not see how foolish that is?

So if the club will 100% profit from it, and the FLG want money going to the club, deduct what's outstanding (lot of people saying stuff is) also deduct their costs and give the club what's left over?

13 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

So if the club will 100% profit from it, and the FLG want money going to the club, deduct what's outstanding (lot of people saying stuff is) also deduct their costs and give the club what's left over?

Maybe there isn’t anything left over. 

So why don't the OEC just give him the proceeds of the kiosks and boxes etc. Less the rent or whatever it is he needs to pay?

Say here's your money for the game but we took out the rent.

If the club would actually make money from the OEC why not just do it that way?

I believe the money from the OEC / FLG has conditions attached to it, i.e. it can only be used for the benefit of the club and not just pocketed by AB.

if they did it the way you suggest it would be unconditional and could be pocketed.

Just now, WLYOWD said:

I believe the money from the OEC / FLG has conditions attached to it, i.e. it can only be used for the benefit of the club and not just pocketed by AB.

if they did it the way you suggest it would be unconditional and could be pocketed.

I'm sure there would be ways round things like that. If an owner wants to pocket cash he will. He could put that cash in and pocket some from elsewhere

33 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

£9.5k per box x 11 for a start. 

Is that taking into account what they have to pay to the OEC? What about kiosks etc.

Genuinely interested in whether the OEC would actually be profitable for the club with the current SLA on the table?

3 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Is that taking into account what they have to pay to the OEC? What about kiosks etc.

Genuinely interested in whether the OEC would actually be profitable for the club with the current SLA on the table?

It's only 4% more than he has been happy with for the past 2 years, when he did his due diligence, and he actually paid for Corney for a few months.

And he gets more guaranteed income.

9 minutes ago, singe said:

It's only 4% more than he has been happy with for the past 2 years, when he did his due diligence, and he actually paid for Corney for a few months.

And he gets more guaranteed income.

But is it a profit?

I understand he had that agreement previously but if it's making a loss for the club I can see why he would bin it

5 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

But is it a profit?

I understand he had that agreement previously but if it's making a loss for the club I can see why he would bin it

We don't know.  The key to the matter is that he hasn't even answered.  That's arrogant at best.

7 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

But is it a profit?

Over to he owner to be transparent regarding his side of things.

4 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

We don't know.  The key to the matter is that he hasn't even answered.  That's arrogant at best.

He kind of answered. Public statement 

"As the OEC is a separate entity to the Club, fans should be aware that it appears to be the OEC’s intention to hold the Club to ransom.”

“In addition, they have failed to honour existing liabilities towards the Club from previous seasons.”

“Simply put, due to unreasonable commercial terms, it is not financially viable or possible for the Club to utilise the North Stand for the upcoming friendly matches without suffering financial loss.”

7 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

He kind of answered. Public statement 

"As the OEC is a separate entity to the Club, fans should be aware that it appears to be the OEC’s intention to hold the Club to ransom.”

I'm calling bollocks on that one. 

Or if it's the case and it's the tactic to get shut of him then I'm calling....good call. 

Kiosks are part of the SLA and give the club additional income for the season. 

Just now, mcfluff1985 said:

But is this profitable over the season for the club or loss making?

I get there is guaranteed income but does this translate to a profit or a loss?

He's refused to meet them or respond to correspondence so he probably doesn't know, on that basis you'd have to concede he's being unreasonable at best and arrogant and conceited at worst, your defence of him is actually laughable given your previous for doing similar with the previous clown at the helm, I'll just put it down to you being a poor judge of character.

Archived