Joe Royle Stand and the OEC

36 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

He's refused to meet them or respond to correspondence so he probably doesn't know, on that basis you'd have to concede he's being unreasonable at best and arrogant and conceited at worst, your defence of him is actually laughable given your previous for doing similar with the previous clown at the helm, I'll just put it down to you being a poor judge of character.

I haven't defended him. I'm clearly just asking anyone to clarify whether this is profitable for the club or not.

I did defend some stuff with corney because not everything was his fault and you were one of the anyone but corney brigade. How has that worked out for you now we have this muppet in charge?

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

But is this profitable over the season for the club or loss making?

I get there is guaranteed income but does this translate to a profit or a loss?

7 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

But is this profitable over the season for the club or loss making?

I get there is guaranteed income but does this translate to a profit or a loss?

probably loss making if there are no crowds left to spend money there.

8 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I haven't defended him. I'm clearly just asking anyone to clarify whether this is profitable for the club or not.

I did defend some stuff with corney because not everything was his fault and you were one of the anyone but corney brigade. How has that worked out for you now we have this muppet in charge?

You mean Corney the man who said he'd only sell to the right man, that went well didn't it?

Corney wasn't my cup of tea and should never of been left holding the baby but I've given him some credit on more than one occasion for knowing when to bring players/managers in and leaving them to get on with what they do best playing for and managing the team, this double act though are on a whole new level and it's scary the damage they could do to the club.

Just because I was generally right about Corney you shouldn't use it as a stick to beat me with, we previously had one of the most inept chairman in the football league the fact he somehow managed to sell to someone worse shouldn't be celebrated in any way.

The point about the FLG is that they are looking to finish the North stand off which will increase the revenue and swaps a passive distant landlord to an active local one. 

We'd have to look at the figures in greater detail before knowing exact income or liability we cannot be certain.

Time for the owner to show his cahones and show exactly what the issues are. Otherwise many will assume they are minor and it's merely another strop because he hasn't got his own way. 

15 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I'm sure there would be ways round things like that. If an owner wants to pocket cash he will. He could put that cash in and pocket some from elsewhere

I agree but some control of where their money goes is better than no control.

If it was me I would also do the same as the OEC / FLG (who I do believe have the best interests of the club at heart) and use the rent payment as an early indicator i.e. if he is paying me rent then he is likely paying other bills to.

If the current owner and tenant has nothing to hide and his intentions are good then please for the sake of our club sit down with the FLG and work this stupidity out. 

To wilfully miss out on the corporate box money and provide a disgraceful level of fan experience around the ground can only backfire on him and thus on all of us.

7 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Sometimes it is not about making a profit, its about making sure your paying customers can get something proper to eat and drink.

The two are by no means incompatible. And if we were a professionally run club, with revenue from catering being properly accounted for and being ploughed back into the playing budget, nobody would complain.

Hell, if the transparency was there and you could see that food sales were going back into the squad, I wouldn't even mind having to pay a premium for a burger (provided it was warm and edible!).

15 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

They are if the agreement put forward to the owner is one that's profitable for the club. If it isn't then it's down to the FLG just as much

Making sure folk can get a coffee and a pie isn't about making a profit, it is basic courtesy.

Saturday was just another example showing the complete contempt that the Lemsagams have for the supporters.

10 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Making sure folk can get a coffee and a pie isn't about making a profit, it is basic courtesy.

Saturday was just another example showing the complete contempt that the Lemsagams have for the supporters.

So you've seen the full agreement put to them? 

Just now, mcfluff1985 said:

So you've seen the full agreement put to them? 

I couldn't give a shit if it costs them money to be honest, at a professional football club you just make sure that the lights are switched on and there are adequate food and drink facilities available.

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

But the FLG have the clubs interests at heart so surely profit for the club would be their main aim?

It is, isn’t it? 

They’re offering the same deal (plus the 4%) 

as previous seasons but with a guaranteed income that’s higher than the kiosks have previously produced and the potential offer of donating other profit in the future. 

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2019/august/12082019-quirky-catering-partnership/

A couple of interesting quotes in this article:

“Over the 2019/20 campaign, Quirky will now manage all kiosks inside Boundary Park and the match-day hospitality catering.”

“Our eventual aim is to have local food and beer served by local staff in clean and well staffed kiosks, that said it wont happen over night. We are currently looking at the facilities in each kiosk individually which will ultimately guide our product offering.”

🤔

11 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2019/august/12082019-quirky-catering-partnership/

A couple of interesting quotes in this article:

“Over the 2019/20 campaign, Quirky will now manage all kiosks inside Boundary Park and the match-day hospitality catering.”

“Our eventual aim is to have local food and beer served by local staff in clean and well staffed kiosks, that said it wont happen over night. We are currently looking at the facilities in each kiosk individually which will ultimately guide our product offering.”

🤔

But will they be giving all the profits to OAFC :)

40 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

So this is the clowns response to Paul Whiteheads open letter yesterday, he is so stubborn its untrue...

More profit to be made for the club by working alongside the FLG but he will not accept any kind of assistance, advice or let anybody else become involved...The bloke is a nut job..

42 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Ha!
Tried finding stuff about them.

1. FB page updated once since April

2. Their own website link does not work, page not found, no website exists, and is available to buy (tempting)

3. A company called The Quirky Catering  Company was dissoled quickly in 2016. Sure irrelevenat as based in Nothingham. Strange to name it exactly after existing business.  Albeit they have been trading in Rochdale since 2017. Contract with dale for 3rd year started in April
4. The Twitter account has not been updated since Sept 2018.

5. Article in Dale observer states a Patricia Boothman is manageress, but our article sttes Ben & craig Bootham are the owners.
6. Benjamin stuart Boothman has entry in companies house for same postcode as given on FB. He had a bar called Benjamins Pocket, seems to now be in the process of being renames Prohibition. Also is Craig Ricjardson listed, fair to assume is Craig referred.
7. Craig Richardson is Director at 6 comapnies, all single entities.

8. Postcode for Quirky CAtering Co is Flying Horse Pub Packer St Rochdale. . Next door but one the the Yates.

50 minutes ago, fleetwood Blue said:

So this is the clowns response to Paul Whiteheads open letter yesterday, he is so stubborn its untrue...

More profit to be made for the club by working alongside the FLG but he will not accept any kind of assistance, advice or let anybody else become involved...The bloke is a nut job..

Yep hes virtually unhinged it won't. make any difference to OAFC financially hes just doing it to be an arsehole.

3 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

The two are by no means incompatible. And if we were a professionally run club, with revenue from catering being properly accounted for and being ploughed back into the playing budget, nobody would complain.

Hell, if the transparency was there and you could see that food sales were going back into the squad, I wouldn't even mind having to pay a premium for a burger (provided it was warm and edible!).

Agree, and frankly if you can't turn a profit selling bulk purchases pies for £3 then you're past helping. We know it's overpriced but we don't mind paying so long as it's helping the club. I'll bring my own if it's impossible to get served or I think the money will be pissed away but I'd rather be giving it to buy players with.

1 hour ago, singe said:

Ha!
Tried finding stuff about them.

1. FB page updated once since April

2. Their own website link does not work, page not found, no website exists, and is available to buy (tempting)

3. A company called The Quirky Catering  Company was dissoled quickly in 2016. Sure irrelevenat as based in Nothingham. Strange to name it exactly after existing business.  Albeit they have been trading in Rochdale since 2017. Contract with dale for 3rd year started in April
4. The Twitter account has not been updated since Sept 2018.

5. Article in Dale observer states a Patricia Boothman is manageress, but our article sttes Ben & craig Bootham are the owners.
6. Benjamin stuart Boothman has entry in companies house for same postcode as given on FB. He had a bar called Benjamins Pocket, seems to now be in the process of being renames Prohibition. Also is Craig Ricjardson listed, fair to assume is Craig referred.
7. Craig Richardson is Director at 6 comapnies, all single entities.

8. Postcode for Quirky CAtering Co is Flying Horse Pub Packer St Rochdale. . Next door but one the the Yates.

The name doesn’t appear to be trademarked.

How have they not even bought the domain?! It’s 99p 

Archived