Joe Royle Stand and the OEC

21 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

But is this profitable over the season for the club or loss making?

I get there is guaranteed income but does this translate to a profit or a loss?

Genuine question mc - cos I don't know - but when was the last time "we" made any profit ?

I would imagine in a good cup run year or maybe a good outgoing transfer year (!)

Actual operating profit in the day to day running is probably non existent - so why does focus on "profit" from one side of the ground (i.e. if the other 3 don't make any either) make any difference. Our shiny, new stand certainly is not going to return one if it's not utilised properly - that's for certain.

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is possible that opening the Royle stand would have cost the club money for the friendly games.

It is obvious that leaving the boxes and the 100 seats empty will cost the club money during league 2 games.

It is obvious that Marco and Mo are ruled by considerations other than common sense.  

1 hour ago, leeslover said:

I think we made a profit a couple of times under Corney. Probably accidental, he wasn't prone to leaving money lieing around 

Fairly certain we made a 'profit' the year we played Liverpool in the 3rd round and lost 2-0. 

Given our cup run last season I would expect us to make a profit then. Think we might turn a profit this season with the Edmundson sale too. 

Making a profit is a bit moot when it doesn't get invested back into assets the club owns. 

2 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Genuine question mc - cos I don't know - but when was the last time "we" made any profit ?

I would imagine in a good cup run year or maybe a good outgoing transfer year (!)

Actual operating profit in the day to day running is probably non existent - so why does focus on "profit" from one side of the ground (i.e. if the other 3 don't make any either) make any difference. Our shiny, new stand certainly is not going to return one if it's not utilised properly - that's for certain.

Well if you're losing money from 3, why lose even more from 4?

I don't know whether it's profitable for the club to use the OEC neither does anyone else on here. Nobody seems be able to answer the question either 

6 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I don't know whether it's profitable for the club to use the OEC neither does anyone else on here. Nobody seems be able to answer the question either 

Doesn't the open letter by the FLG say how much it makes on the boxes? 

15 hours ago, singe said:

Ha!
Tried finding stuff about them.

1. FB page updated once since April

2. Their own website link does not work, page not found, no website exists, and is available to buy (tempting)

3. A company called The Quirky Catering  Company was dissoled quickly in 2016. Sure irrelevenat as based in Nothingham. Strange to name it exactly after existing business.  Albeit they have been trading in Rochdale since 2017. Contract with dale for 3rd year started in April
4. The Twitter account has not been updated since Sept 2018.

5. Article in Dale observer states a Patricia Boothman is manageress, but our article sttes Ben & craig Bootham are the owners.
6. Benjamin stuart Boothman has entry in companies house for same postcode as given on FB. He had a bar called Benjamins Pocket, seems to now be in the process of being renames Prohibition. Also is Craig Ricjardson listed, fair to assume is Craig referred.
7. Craig Richardson is Director at 6 comapnies, all single entities.

8. Postcode for Quirky CAtering Co is Flying Horse Pub Packer St Rochdale. . Next door but one the the Yates.

So the Boundary Park ‘Battle of the Pies’ is being slugged out between:

🥊 The Quirky Catering Company

(see their ‘Companies House’ data as above, provided by Singe)

v

🥊 The OEC) Oldham Event Centre

(Companies House data advises their accounts for up to March 2018 are two month overdue and the business has been served notice on the 13th August that it faces compulsory strike off  unless it can show cause to the contrary.)

Much Bigger Battle being fought behind the scenes me thinks . . . 

11 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Are you sure it's that and not that nobody seems to be able to give you an answer that you like?   

4 hours ago, Jimbooth said:

You can lead a horse to water.....

6 hours ago, Jimbooth said:

To be balanced, I think mcluff is asking "in the round" does the stand make a profit for the club? i.e. on the debit side things like cost of renting it, operating costs, costs via SLA etc. versus the credits of boxes, tickets, match day income etc.

The various parties involved will know but it does show what a mess fragmented ownership creates - the sooner it's all under one entity the better (certainly from a fans'perspective).

17 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

To be balanced, I think mcluff is asking "in the round" does the stand make a profit for the club? i.e. on the debit side things like cost of renting it, operating costs, costs via SLA etc. versus the credits of boxes, tickets, match day income etc.

The various parties involved will know but it does show what a mess fragmented ownership creates - the sooner it's all under one entity the better (certainly from a fans'perspective).

Well we currently rent the ground and use the stand.

We have then been shown the profits made when the hospitality is in place. I don't think there is much else to factor in particularly. Pretty clear the club would make money if Marco could swallow his pride and sign the deal. 

7 hours ago, Jimbooth said:

It shows the income from the boxes, but that's only one side of things. Those those aren't profit that's just the income from the boxes. Does the club have to spend more than that income according to the SLA that has been put forward?

3 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Are you sure it's that and not that nobody seems to be able to give you an answer that you like?   

You can lead a horse to water.....

Nobody has answered the question. I can have a business that turns over 1m but if I spend 1.5m to run it, that 1m income is irrelevant 

56 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Well we currently rent the ground and use the stand.

We have then been shown the profits made when the hospitality is in place. I don't think there is much else to factor in particularly. Pretty clear the club would make money if Marco could swallow his pride and sign the deal. 

We haven't been shown the profits at all, we've been told what the income would be. Completely different thing 

17 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

It shows the income from the boxes, but that's only one side of things. Those those aren't profit that's just the income from the boxes. Does the club have to spend more than that income according to the SLA that has been put forward?

Nobody has answered the question. I can have a business that turns over 1m but if I spend 1.5m to run it, that 1m income is irrelevant 

We haven't been shown the profits at all, we've been told what the income would be. Completely different thing 

You haven't explained why you think it is ok for the owner not to have to bother offering basic services.

26 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

The obvious question is that if it is unprofitable, why sign a 2 year deal with another caterer?

2 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

He won't bloody well talk to them!!!!!!! 

Just now, Dave_Og said:

He won't bloody well talk to them!!!!!!! 

If someone offered you a shitty deal that meant you lose money and felt was ridiculous but you could go somewhere else and get a better deal that would be profitable then you'd do that if you felt you were being mugged off 

(if it's a profitable one was offered, he's a moron) 

47 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Does the SLA not have extra things he has to pay for? Kiosks etc. If that's purely it what you've quoted there then he's an idiot if it's that simple 

Most is covered by the rent which is payable anyway. There will be more income from the kiosks plus they can have the full car park to use for free instead of the c150 spaces they have at the moment. 

Archived