Joe Royle Stand and the OEC

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

If someone offered you a shitty deal that meant you lose money and felt was ridiculous but you could go somewhere else and get a better deal that would be profitable then you'd do that if you felt you were being mugged off 

(if it's a profitable one was offered, he's a moron) 

No. I'd see if they were open to negotiation

3 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Depends if I though they were really taking the piss. If I thought that and knew I could go get a better deal elsewhere and shaft them then I would. 

Of course you are correct, but it won’t be an acceptable opinion here. If you are a businessman and an openly hostile company offer you a shit deal... you wouldn’t even respond. 

The communication and approach needs to change. 

11 hours ago, tGWB said:

So the Boundary Park ‘Battle of the Pies’ is being slugged out between:

🥊 The Quirky Catering Company

(see their ‘Companies House’ data as above, provided by Singe)

v

🥊 The OEC) Oldham Event Centre

(Companies House data advises their accounts for up to March 2018 are two month overdue and the business has been served notice on the 13th August that it faces compulsory strike off  unless it can show cause to the contrary.)

Much Bigger Battle being fought behind the scenes me thinks . . . 

Both a bit of a joke. 

38 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Of course you are correct, but it won’t be an acceptable opinion here. If you are a businessman and an openly hostile company offer you a shit deal... you wouldn’t even respond. 

The communication and approach needs to change. 

Brilliant. Abdallah has sacked a monumental

amount of players and staff since he’s taken over, he’s binned off some loyal local companies for next to no reason (Eden Creative, AC Tyres, coach companies) and fallen out with many others and yet it’s the FLG who are fucking hostile.

Christ on a bike.

4 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Brilliant. Abdallah has sacked a monumental

amount of players and staff since he’s taken over, he’s binned off some loyal local companies for next to no reason (Eden Creative, AC Tyres, coach companies) and fallen out with many others and yet it’s the FLG who are fucking hostile.

Christ on a bike.

His whole approach stinks. 

So does the FLG’s in my opinion. 

If you think the FLG are a model of professionalism and financial prowess then that’s fine. 

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

His whole approach stinks. 

So does the FLG’s in my opinion. 

If you think the FLG are a model of professionalism and financial prowess then that’s fine. 

Could you be more specific? How does the approach of the FLG stink? Is it just Simon Wood using the word “wankers” and something about Simon Brooke’s clothes or is there anything else?

And I don’t think anyone has said, or even suggested, that the FLG are a model of professionalism and financial prowess. But happy to be proved wrong. 

12 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Question on the hospitality that I think I know the answer to but want to check... can the club still sell the 11 boxes but have them serviced by a company other than the OEC?

Million dollar question this one. 

15 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Question on the hospitality that I think I know the answer to but want to check... can the club still sell the 11 boxes but have them serviced by a company other than the OEC?

Doubt it since the bar and the kitchens are the OEC’s

12 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Both a bit of a joke. 

Ah . . . . .

Difference is though, that the management of The Quirky Catering Company are looking to provide 'Pies & Beer' to a football stadium for 2-3 hours on matchdays.

Whilst the management of the OEC, under the guise of the FLG, are looking to raise £7m to buy a football stadium

Hardly fair to compare them on their financial footing is it

58 minutes ago, robboman said:

Couple of points....

1. That reads to me that the club gave up its rights for £3.8m of debt relief, therefore not 'surrendering for nothing' as it later goes on to say?

2. The letter suggests 'grants of millions of pounds to build the North Stand' however, wasn't it more like a £700k grant?

7 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Couple of points....

1. That reads to me that the club gave up its rights for £3.8m of debt relief, therefore not 'surrendering for nothing' as it later goes on to say?

2. The letter suggests 'grants of millions of pounds to build the North Stand' however, wasn't it more like a £700k grant?

Isn't that £3.8m debt reduction more or less what was shown in the abridged accounts? 

So not paid down by AL? 

I think I suggested previously that the FLG needed to be very careful dealing with a certain someone...  I hope the FLG haven't signed anything or paid any funds over to anyone yet.

Obviously they will have taken decent legal advice before getting this far.  Obviously...

10 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Isn't that £3.8m debt reduction more or less what was shown in the abridged accounts? 

So not paid down by AL? 

Not sure....

Paul Whitehead has responded though..

'we will publish my response to this letter than we sent last night.  I'm afraid that this is a huge own goal from the club as there are so many inaccuracies.  I'm checking with partners (FLG?) and will then update.'

Suggests to me that this letter is already a few days old, clearly genuine, and that it's already been responded to.

6 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

So basically Corney sold off the family silver in the last stages of his ownership, right? And this didn't come up in any "due diligence" process when AL bought the club, right?

I think the whole 'due diligence' process as far as Al's concerned has regularly come across as non-existent on here, hasn't it?

Archived