Joe Royle Stand and the OEC

2 minutes ago, tGWB said:

https://trustoldham.co.uk/club-letter-to-oec-12th-august-and-conditions-within-the-north-stand/

Update from the Trust on the recent communication exchanges between the OEC and the Club 

Thanks TGWB...you just beat me to it.

I believe Paul Whitehead has also tweeted his response back to the club that he sent yesterday, but I do not have access to twitter to update you all - sorry

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

I met a traveller from an antique land,

Who said

"..seriously, tell the fans that they must unite because, if not, the Latics will be dead in the water soon."

Honestly, we get it. You want to start a supporters group.

8 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Hopefully they've got enough money to fill in the pot holes in on the north stand car park.

Thats the real travesty in all of this.

Classic distraction techniques from the main issue.

11 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Hopefully they've got enough money to fill in the pot holes in on the north stand car park.

Thats the real travesty in all of this.

Some things don't change.  I remember Joe Royle getting very angry about a comment in an OASIS newsletter in the 80s bemoaning the state if the car park!

6 minutes ago, leeslover said:

Honestly, we get it. You want to start a supporters group.

No I don't lees - I`ve tried in the past and realised what an apathetic bunch we are. I did hope someone else might arise - but sadly not - I`ve only ever wanted The Trust to morph into an effective pressure group in these troubled times.

I won't get involved in a tit for tat with you but, trust me, if someone with the standing/integrity/Latics inside knowledge of the person I talked to this afternoon is saying the sorts of things you quoted sarcastically back at me - true supporters should sit up and take notice.

Are you a true supporter?

1 minute ago, wiseowl said:

No I don't lees - I`ve tried in the past and realised what an apathetic bunch we are. I did hope someone else might arise - but sadly not - I`ve only ever wanted The Trust to morph into an effective pressure group in these troubled times.

I won't get involved in a tit for tat with you but, trust me, if someone with the standing/integrity/Latics inside knowledge of the person I talked to this afternoon is saying the sorts of things you quoted sarcastically back at me - true supporters should sit up and take notice.

You met a trust member and were all over how good and right they were for a few days...

24 minutes ago, underdog said:

Thanks TGWB...you just beat me to it.

I believe Paul Whitehead has also tweeted his response back to the club that he sent yesterday, but I do not have access to twitter to update you all - sorry

It surely cant just be me but to be frank,  I find the OEC/FLG resorting to using Twitter under an individuals personal account really concerning

It most certainly does not present the OEC/FLG in a professional manner, befitting an organisation looking to raise £7m to purchase our football stadium, more like a personal quarrel, grasping air time.

Underdog like many of our supporters doesnt use Twitter so many remain totally in the dark to the exchanges.

I have checked the Boundary Park Purchase Group / FLG pages and the last update is the letter to the club on the 11th August.

Fair play though to Trust Oldham with their communication this evening 

6 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

To be fair, your insider hasn’t said anything that most of us don’t know or accept already. 

In short. We’re fucked. 

5 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

You met a trust member and were all over how good and right they were for a few days...

Hi mc and thanks for your valuable input.  I`ve always thought they are are a force for general good - no doubt. Just hoped they would adopt a different approach as things have developed.

8 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

I'm not sure, is there a multiple choice test I can take or something?

Just now, League one forever said:

To be fair, your insider hasn’t said anything that most of us don’t know or accept already. 

In short. We’re fucked. 

Agree - but now I`ve heard it from a trusted, reliable, "in the know" source, it's cemented my position.

1 minute ago, tGWB said:

It surely cant just be me but to be frank,  I find the OEC/FLG resorting to using Twitter under an individuals personal account really concerning

It most certainly does not present the OEC/FLG in a professional manner, befitting an organisation looking to raise £7m to purchase our football stadium, more like a personal quarrel, grasping air time.

I have checked the Boundary Park Purchase Group / FLG pages and the last update is the letter to the club on the 11th August.

I know what you're saying but, they've been trying in vain to get the Lemsagams to sit down and talk for months - understandable that they're trying a change in approach and taking it public.

The Trust regularly get slated for not being direct enough, you can't accuse the FLG of that. 

I particularly laughed at

" about the OEC, the freeholder has asked us to deal with them and no one else"

10 lines later they are asking the very people they have been told not to deal with for information!

" What is the relationship between the freeholder and the OEC. Is there an agreement in place? And then most incredulously;

"Please can we have a copy!"

FFS! ask the freeholder yourselves, you're supposed to be dealing directly with them!!

Pathetic fishing attempt.

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

Im not particularly well connected with people at the club but, purely by chance, I had a very "grown up" conversation today with someone who has operated right in the centre of things. I have no reason to doubt what they said and, let's just say, I now have no doubt that a lot of the rumours around, for example, "interference in team selection" are true.

It was said that the owner was genuinely shocked to discover he had not bought everything lock, stock and barrel (and, in particular, the Joe Royle stand). This would seem to fit in with the recently published letter i.e. the lease for 3 sides of the ground was secure but the lease on the JR and certain land around it had been "given up" by the club. Due diligence would appear to either have not happened or been woefully inadequate during the takeover. Ownership of the JR was seen as crucial to cashflow/profitability.

The cultural problems, in this person's view, were very difficult. It was stated that criticism of any kind (internally or externally) was taboo and that there was close monitoring of social media, the press etc. regarding any such criticism. Internal criticism was dealt with swiftly.

Following relegation, last season's playing budget had been reduced by £1M.

One other very serious issue was constantly being rumoured but, as it is rumour, I`ll not comment further.

This person expressed their love for the club and closed by saying that they genuinely feared for our existence beyond this season and said "..seriously, tell the fans that they must unite because, if not, the Latics will be dead in the water soon."

In their opinion - 95% of the club's problems were down to one issue - its current ownership.

Kowinecki will be over in a sec to ask for your source.

Reality is, almost all of the above is stuff we've had on here before, but those of us that have said it have been called either negative or been told we have an agenda...

8 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Underdog like many of our supporters doesnt use Twitter so many remain totally in the dark to the exchanges.

You certainly can't call the leaking, and method used, by the owner or his cronies as professional. Nor the contents of the letter. The least lawyerly looking lawyer's letter I have ever seen.

2 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I know what you're saying but, they've been trying in vain to get the Lemsagams to sit down and talk for months - understandable that they're trying a change in approach and taking it public.

The Trust regularly get slated for not being direct enough, you can't accuse the FLG of that. 

These exchanges, either being leaked or consciously presented on twitter (a media not all our fans use) do no party any favours. 

It looks personal and very amateurish. 

Just my opinion Harry, like you will have yours 

4 minutes ago, singe said:

You certainly can't call the leaking, and method used, by the owner or his cronies as professional. Nor the contents of the letter. The least lawyerly looking lawyer's letter I have ever seen.

Certainly not correspondence the standard you expect of a ‘Slaughter & May’ correspondence Singe

Archived