Joe Royle Stand and the OEC

18 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

I love these new accounts that are so pro AL. Especially the ones that are random normal names with numbers thrown in. Just like the account on Twitter that just so happened to have a copy of the letter sent to Paul Whitehead. 

I've just had one follow me. Account created in July 19. Stuck a picture of Homer Simpson as his profile picture...

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, New Fan said:

Excellent observation, well done. No comment on the attempts to swindle the club out of £100k per year then? 

Shall we we move on? Has the Trust seen the accounts? Yes. But no comments required. 

Abdallah out. Happy?

Problem is, you don’t have anyone waiting in the wings to “save” the club. The FLG don’t have the competence to run a horse successfully (weren’t a few of them part of the same failing club?), let alone take over a football club.

maybe you should look into the issues raised and serious concerns about trying to defraud the club a little more than the twitter handles of information sources. 

I am am glad this important letter has been leaked. FLG has been playing a one sided game on twitter, now they have to respond to the points raised. 

What the hell are you talking about??

1 minute ago, fleetwood Blue said:

But he has never posted anything before the last few days and mysteriously pops up with a leaked letter from oafc  , i must be a cynic but does it not seem a little strange to you..

Strange sure. But the content is the letter - is the letter fake? Seems not as FLG rep confirmed it. So what’s your beef? I thought we fans wanted more info not less. This letter has laid out some key questions, but all you can concentrate on is who published it?

3 minutes ago, fleetwood Blue said:

But he has never posted anything before the last few days and mysteriously pops up with a leaked letter from oafc  , i must be a cynic but does it not seem a little strange to you..

Are we saying AL knew two and a half years ago that he would buy a club so set up a fake twitter for propaganda purposes ha

6 minutes ago, New Fan said:

Strange sure. But the content is the letter - is the letter fake? Seems not as FLG rep confirmed it. So what’s your beef? I thought we fans wanted more info not less. This letter has laid out some key questions, but all you can concentrate on is who published it?

Only you saying it; might be fake. No one else is.

7 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Are we saying AL knew two and a half years ago that he would buy a club so set up a fake twitter for propaganda purposes ha

Maybe not AL, but there are other members of the board who have threatened legal action in the past around things people have posted about the club and individuals on social media. This account could have been set up to help monitor this, and is now being used as a propaganda machine.

10 minutes ago, New Fan said:

I’ve not once suggested the letter is fake, i said it seems strange that somebody that has had an account for 2 1/2 years only decides to pop up know in the last few days and has this leaked letter...

With everything that has gone on at the club in the last couple of years i’m almost certain he/she would have passed comment on one of our many issues..

1 hour ago, tGWB said:

It surely cant just be me but to be frank,  I find the OEC/FLG resorting to using Twitter under an individuals personal account really concerning

It most certainly does not present the OEC/FLG in a professional manner, befitting an organisation looking to raise £7m to purchase our football stadium, more like a personal quarrel, grasping air time.

Underdog like many of our supporters doesnt use Twitter so many remain totally in the dark to the exchanges.

I have checked the Boundary Park Purchase Group / FLG pages and the last update is the letter to the club on the 11th August.

Fair play though to Trust Oldham with their communication this evening 

Indeed given how Paul Whitehead used a (specially created) work twitter account when the completion of the North Stand over-ran. I am surprised he hasn't adopted the same policy now that he is running the operations for the (still unfinished) stand. 

3 minutes ago, fleetwood Blue said:

I’ve not once suggested the letter is fake, i said it seems strange that somebody that has had an account for 2 1/2 years only decides to pop up know in the last few days and has this leaked letter...

With everything that has gone on at the club in the last couple of years i’m almost certain he/she would have passed comment on one of our many issues..

Yes I get it. It’s an inactive account. 

Can we we talk about the issues raised now please?

3 minutes ago, New Fan said:

There's nothing to talk about. FLG believe one scenario to be true, the board believe another. Neither have any evidence either way at this point (even to the point that the club letter asks FLG for evidence after saying they've been told not to deal with them). The whole thing is a shambles and it's because the board aren't speaking to FLG. 

3 minutes ago, Jimbooth said:

There's nothing to talk about. FLG believe one scenario to be true, the board believe another. Neither have any evidence either way at this point (even to the point that the club letter asks FLG for evidence after saying they've been told not to deal with them). The whole thing is a shambles and it's because the board aren't speaking to FLG. 

The club has obtained the lease. Says in the letter I’m pretty sure. Of course they won’t share the lease with everyone. Where else do they get the £1 from?

FLG wants to deal with the club but is not a legal entity, so needs to prove authority to provide services and all credentials. I would have thought that would be clear to all that has experience of running a business. 

Issues being? Not one of us on this message board have a clue who is telling the truth..

The FLG has asked for meetings which have been ignored and it’s now being played out on social medial which has become petty..

We are a laughing stock but its the fans that suffer, no food kiosks, no lighting and damaged toilets..

Our support has become divided and it seems you have been forced to choose the FLG or Abdallah, does anybody believe a word that comes out of Abdallahs mouth?

Until these two parties meet and iron out their issues then the fans will continue to suffer.

Why are the club only now after 18 months since AL took over are beginning to question what they paid rent/Lease? Who completed the due dilligence and why wasnt these concerns raised before the purchase was made then?

7 minutes ago, New Fan said:

The club has obtained the lease. Says in the letter I’m pretty sure. Of course they won’t share the lease with everyone. Where else do they get the £1 from?

FLG wants to deal with the club but is not a legal entity, so needs to prove authority to provide services and all credentials. I would have thought that would be clear to all that has experience of running a business. 

What a load of bollocks Adam.

Same place they got the £100k for all that time I guess

Course we can. 

How on earth did AL miss this in his ‘due diligence?’  By that, I mean the ‘surprise’ that the club is paying 100k for something that should be costing them a quid?  The FLG have only come up recently, so it’s not them that have ‘shafted’ the club previously its the landlord. The same landlord that they now want to deal with instead of the FLG. . . Why would you want to deal with the very people who have been allegedly over charging you? 

I can understand one or two bills not being unearthed, but the size of this ‘defrauding’ as you put it means one of two things. At best AL is an incredibly naive and/or stupid businessman. Or at worst he is grossly negligent and/or stupid. 

I’m not saying the FLG are saviours, far from it and maybe we will die. But your framing your argument that AL is the hard done by saviour, and quite frankly that’s laughable bollocks. 

5 minutes ago, New Fan said:

It is clear, I appreciate your patronising response. Could find all this out by meeting them instead of all this "leaked" letters bollocks. Agree to meet them and have the first point of the agenda be for them to provide their credentials, if they don't have them call off the meeting until they can provide them. Instead of dragging your arse to the detriment of the fans. 

3 minutes ago, singe said:

Ha, yeah 17,000 posts and finally someone notices.

But you, a 5 minute wonder know all the issues.

I don’t know the issues. I can see them written in a letter. I am surprised you don’t want to talk about them or not at all surprised by the extent of them. Am I being too sensitive? Or are you desensitised?

1 hour ago, New Fan said:

Hence they stopped paying when they realised they’re dealing with less than honest parties. The FLG then publicised that the club doesn’t pay rent. Hence this clarification is importance to put the FLG’s public statements over the past couple of months into perspective. 

Are you you going to suggest we accept the conman was too clever and the victim of the con was gullible so they must now sit down and be nice to the conmen?

You’re fooling absolutely nobody.

Can see right through you, you shill.

2 minutes ago, Jimbooth said:

It is clear, I appreciate your patronising response. Could find all this out by meeting them instead of all this "leaked" letters bollocks. Agree to meet them and have the first point of the agenda be for them to provide their credentials, if they don't have them call off the meeting until they can provide them. Instead of dragging your arse to the detriment of the fans. 

Apologies if sound patronising. 3/4 different people are responding to my comments so getting “excited”. 

Why club is refusing to meet FLG I of course have no clue to be honest. Could it be to do with the personnel involved? Personal animosity? Bad blood?

Archived