Joe Royle Stand and the OEC

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

No. Clearly you haven't understood.

I haven't the time or inclination to re-write the many posts discussing those questions you asked. They exist elsewhere, as you know.

You've used the phrase "he's made mistakes" several times.  Past tense.  

My point was that the way the club is currently being run shows that he's not only not learning from those mistakes, but continuing to make similar ones. Also my point is that most of the problems aren't linked to Corney and/or a lack of money - just basic shitty business practice.  And these actions are pretty serious and are seeing us slip down the leagues pretty rapidly, with no real sign of things changing/improving.  But you seem to dismiss anyone raising those concerns as having an agenda or being stuck in an echo chamber.  You're right - I don't understand that at all.

1 hour ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Not convinced.

Personally, I think AL was duped into thinking the North Stand was included. Pretty stupid of AL not to make sure but who knows what stunt Corney pulled. None of us will ever know unless it does get to court. 

AL never would have wanted to admit that he didn't know the NS wasn't included as he'd look stupid. In the end, he did admit to it. It's really not the same as PW saying he wasn't meddling then changing his mind on it.

It's not believable or credible that he thought the stand etc was included. Having plans to move, that were thwarted because of EFL rules not checked, is about the most generous you can get.  Neither cover him in glory.

Not convinced.

Personally, I think AL was duped into thinking the North Stand was included. Pretty stupid of AL not to make sure but who knows what stunt Corney pulled. None of us will ever know unless it does get to court. 

AL never would have wanted to admit that he didn't know the NS wasn't included as he'd look stupid. In the end, he did admit to it. It's really not the same as PW saying he wasn't meddling then changing his mind on it.

But even if he doesn't meddle in specific team selection he's picked almost the entire squad with minimal input from elsewhere. 

18 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Especially when Simon Brooke told him while he was looking at buying the club...

I am sure we posted something on the old website at the time but I can't find it. Can you remember or did I dream it?

7 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

But even if he doesn't meddle in specific team selection he's picked almost the entire squad with minimal input from elsewhere. 

Yes, we've discussed elsewhere that the policy of who signs the players at the club has changed.

13 minutes ago, singe said:

It's not believable or credible that he thought the stand etc was included. Having plans to move, that were thwarted because of EFL rules not checked, is about the most generous you can get.  Neither cover him in glory.

I'm not after covering him in glory. We seem to be going in circles again. Same discussions again.

3 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Yes, we've discussed elsewhere that the policy of who signs the players at the club has changed.

It hasn't though, the Lemsagams have been signing players unwanted by various managers since summer 2017.

12 minutes ago, underdog said:

I am sure we posted something on the old website at the time but I can't find it. Can you remember or did I dream it?

It was definitely said on here and he refers to the fact in his first interview. I think originally he prob did believe he was buying the lot. But when he put pen to paper he knew he was only buying the squad. 

I'm not after covering him in glory. We seem to be going in circles again. Same discussions again.

You're the one  going on about what Pete Wild said once, repeating the mantra AL got ripped off.

And Because. Corney.

I was saying what I  believe is a less worse excuse.

We need some wins on the pitch. Because the current recruitment model has few successes in the UK.

2 hours ago, WLYOWD said:

I think whoever convinced AL that he’d bought the North Stand too was not as good a conman as whoever it was that convinced him Menig was a footballer and worth £11k/week!

Nobody convinced him - he said in an early  interview that he had only bought the team. “The important thing” (or words to that effect)  

We are getting side tracked by a spat which appears to have been orchestrated by one of the parties involved.

Recent history tells us that anyone who says something that is not appreciated tends to have their relationship with one of the parties terminated or seriously curtailed.

The reality is that arguing about what we are being told or has been written in 'leaked' correspondence is pointless.  None of us can adequately judge what is fact or fiction.

However we can reflect about the period from mid 2017 onwards and use our gut instinct to consider where Oldham Athletic Football Club finds itself now and is likely to end up.  

I make no apologies for repeating what I said somewhere else.

Mediation seems the sensible way forward. An "honest broker" to sit between the parties and thrash out a pragmatic solution.

Someone like Otto Von Bismarck who thrashed out the dual alliance of 1879.

5 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

I make no apologies for repeating what I said somewhere else.

Mediation seems the sensible way forward. An "honest broker" to sit between the parties and thrash out a pragmatic solution.

Someone like Otto Von Bismarck who thrashed out the dual alliance of 1879.

Can’t Barry just do it. . ? 

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

Nobody convinced him - he said in an early  interview that he had only bought the team. “The important thing” (or words to that effect)  

Just as I thought then Nobody is as good as the conman who convinced him about Menig 😂

Archived