Joe Royle Stand and the OEC

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Not convinced.

Personally, I think AL was duped into thinking the North Stand was included. Pretty stupid of AL not to make sure but who knows what stunt Corney pulled. None of us will ever know unless it does get to court. 

AL never would have wanted to admit that he didn't know the NS wasn't included as he'd look stupid. In the end, he did admit to it. It's really not the same as PW saying he wasn't meddling then changing his mind on it.

He knew from day 1 he wasn’t getting the ground. The man is a pathological liar.

21 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Interesting that in this article the only quote from AL in it says nothing about him not knowing the stand didn't come with it. Wonder why the editor chose to leave such an important quote out and only put the following into his article:

“But they going far away from reality. I want to buy the club from them and put it all together in one like it used to be but there is no chance because they are asking for a big price and something, too much.”

5 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Interesting that in this article the only quote from AL in it says nothing about him not knowing the stand didn't come with it. Wonder why the editor chose to leave such an important quote out and only put the following into his article:

“But they going far away from reality. I want to buy the club from them and put it all together in one like it used to be but there is no chance because they are asking for a big price and something, too much.”

But the chron are the club's media partners.  If they've openly lied when they start the article by saying... "Abdallah Lemsagam purchased the club just over a year ago but has since found out that he only owns the badge, the players and the staff, leaving the stadium in the hands of the former owner." then why wouldn't the club demand a correction?

15 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

But the chron are the club's media partners.  If they've openly lied when they start the article by saying... "Abdallah Lemsagam purchased the club just over a year ago but has since found out that he only owns the badge, the players and the staff, leaving the stadium in the hands of the former owner." then why wouldn't the club demand a correction?

Again, it's hard to think of an answer which doesn't paint a pretty poor picture in one way or another 

8 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

The club aren't very good when it comes to anything media wise. For example, only yesterday, when the club put an article on the OS about Bradford tickets & followed up with a tweet saying £5 extra for pay on the day, I asked them to add the information to their article on the OS. I got a reply saying they would get the media team to do it...as of 10.05am today it's nowhere to be seen on the article. If we can't update our own information, I wouldn't expect they'd updated anyone elses.

13 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

The club aren't very good when it comes to anything media wise. For example, only yesterday, when the club put an article on the OS about Bradford tickets & followed up with a tweet saying £5 extra for pay on the day, I asked them to add the information to their article on the OS. I got a reply saying they would get the media team to do it...as of 10.05am today it's nowhere to be seen on the article. If we can't update our own information, I wouldn't expect they'd updated anyone elses.

In that example they have just left that additional info off the original article haven't they?  For a closer comparison to the Chron article they'd have to have said that it's £5 cheaper for pay on the day.

You're reaching a bit here.  Why would the Chron even say it if it hasn't been directly said or implied? 

On the video posted earlier, the Club spokesman specifically states there is no change to the relationship regarding the North Stand.

However, I would suggest there is, as previously under the Corney regime is was rent free to the Club.

This dispute could simply be down to Brassbank (Blitz & Gazal) wanting to charge a commercial rent for the use of the North Stand as they pay £300k annually in mortgage payments alone

Understandable, but a shock to the Club if it hasn't taken this cost into their budgeting.

Fans’ Meeting Notes 24/01/2017 5:00PM – 6:30PM

Club Attendees:  Simon Corney, Mark Moisley and Anthony Gee

Fan Attendees:  Nonaenever, kusungaisGod, Adamoafc, Danbright12, DPWild and Laticsmarra

·         Brass Bank Limited (BBL) - UK Registered

Built the stand at a cost of £6.2m (so far) received £1.7m grant from the council (effectively compensation for the aborted Failsworth move) and has taken a £4m mortgage against the stand. Also owns the Renal Centre on which there is security (we didn’t discuss that).

BBL’s repayments on the mortgage are £300k each year.

The club has a 40 year contract, which is 20 years plus a club option for a further 20 (anyone free to examine) to rent the land & buildings from BBL @ £100K per annum (recently reduced from £150k).

The club has paid no rent to BBL for 4 years and there is no intention to claw back the rent i.e. it will be written-off.   

They will want to start collecting  rent one day.

1 minute ago, Fruitygoo said:

So Brassbank waived the rent for their pal Corney but won't for AL...

Should have been picked up with proper dillgance and should come as no suprise really. 

Corney and the Simon’s were anything but mates at the end. Probably more like they knew Corney couldn’t pay rent but they assume AL can 

20 minutes ago, OAFC1984 said:

Isnt £50 plus VAT the same you could pay for 3 course meal in a modern spacious bright window-lit room last season but now gets you a two course meal in a dark windowless 120 year old shed

Don't worry it's "limited availability"!

38 minutes ago, OAFC1984 said:

Isnt £50 plus VAT the same you could pay for 3 course meal in a modern spacious bright window-lit room last season but now gets you a two course meal in a dark windowless 120 year old shed

"In style"

9 minutes ago, singe said:

Shame Gordon's name is used for this tawdry offer.

It’s especially crass when you suspect he would have been treated with exactly the same contempt as everyone else by 🤡 were he still here 

8 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

I’ve done the hospitality in both and the OEC is obviously a million times better. Amazing a way forward can’t be found for the club to utilise what is a virtually premier league standard facility 

Ofcourse their is for rational human beings.

Abdullah Lemsagam isn't a rational human being he's a moron.

29 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Chairman chooses option that makes club money shocker

Think these numbers are right...

Last season... in north stand with 3 course meal designed by award winning chef, padded seat, new facility = £45 pp

This season... 2 course meal by those guys with a Facebook page, rickety old stand, stained old seat next to Barry = £50 pp

Yeah I’m sure he’ll be raking it in. 

Archived