Joe Royle Stand and the OEC

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Not sure why you are being purposely obtuse.

Owning the shares of OEC, buying the stands... their stated aim. 

Yep. Complex commercial deals take time. A man of your business acumen should understand that surely? 

11 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Yep. Complex commercial deals take time. A man of your business acumen should understand that surely? 

Buying the shares of OEC is a complex commercial deal!? Ha. Ok. Anyhow, they better get a shift on before it’s struck off. I reckon it’ll be announced next week. 

The stand purchase should take take much longer, granted. 

25 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Buying the shares of OEC is a complex commercial deal!? Ha. Ok. Anyhow, they better get a shift on before it’s struck off. I reckon it’ll be announced next week. 

The stand purchase should take take much longer, granted. 

It’s. All. Part. Of. The. Same. Deal. 

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

We don't know do we but if, as ive said previously, he thinks they are trying to have him over a barrel, anyone in that situation would think F you, I'll go elsewhere and who could blame him

I don't know many that cut their nose to spite their face. No.

I do know plenty of colleagues and bosses that see if and get a better deal, done it many times as a manager myself. But if I and others find we can't get a better deal we don't change on an impulse. Not a way to do business. How thorough was the this process? Seems like Oh they do Rochdale, they'll do.

11 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Is it? Silly me. Though it is difficult to fathom that from the various foggy releases via their occasional blog

As part of the agreed purchase of Boundary Park, the group are acquiring the shares in Oldham Event Centre. 

"As part of the agreed purchase" seems pretty clear to me.

If I were the FLG I'd be putting a tight contract in place to operate, especially given the history, but the details of the agreement to run are understandably confidential at this stage but I suspect would be broadly transferable.

Just now, singe said:

As part of the agreed purchase of Boundary Park, the group are acquiring the shares in Oldham Event Centre. 

"As part of the agreed purchase" seems pretty clear to me.

If I were the FLG I'd be putting a tight contract in place to operate, especially given the history, but the details of the agreement to run are understandably confidential at this stage but I suspect would be broadly transferable.

Does it?

full quote:

As part of the agreed purchase of Boundary Park, the group are acquiring the shares in Oldham Event Centre. Thus taking over the 364 day operations within the stand.

The use of ‘thus’ implies they need to acquire the shares to be able to take over running of the stand.

...but then since that post we have this post a month later:

We have now been running the OEC for almost a month

So who knows?  They say they are fully running the stand, but Blitz still owns the shares according to Companies house and everyone else commenting here. 

All I am saying is that a bit more clarity would be helpful and potentially unifying. You can’t deny there is division at the moment outside of the OWTB bubble.  

11 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Does it?

full quote:

As part of the agreed purchase of Boundary Park, the group are acquiring the shares in Oldham Event Centre. Thus taking over the 364 day operations within the stand.

The use of ‘thus’ implies they need to acquire the shares to be able to take over running of the stand.

...but then since that post we have this post a month later:

We have now been running the OEC for almost a month

So who knows?  They say they are fully running the stand, but Blitz still owns the shares according to Companies house and everyone else commenting here. 

All I am saying is that a bit more clarity would be helpful and potentially unifying. You can’t deny there is division at the moment outside of the OWTB bubble.  

I didn't deliberately leave that out, I took it as a given, and emphasised the key words. They clearly then reached agreement to operate in the meantime-which I took ahead of schedule but can't really argue if you took it another way that's up to each person. Agree it could have been better worded.

I'm not disagreeing about the division of the fans, that is abundantly clear. An overwhelming majority inside and outside OWTB do not support the owner, be it neutral or support the FLG. This is measured by polls, and comments IMHO.

We are where we are.

The owner had a chance to bring all into one. The owner still has that opportunity, as the FLG are on record that they will step aside if he wants. For whatever reason, be it lack of funds or toys out of the pram dealing with people who he perceives have crossed him, he cannot.
So he is a dead end at the moment. Going nowhere in amalgamation terms, and I  cannot understand anyone who wants everything under one ownership supporting the owner.

I support the FLG because they are local, passionate proven Latics fans and it brings the ownership of the stadium to a local based engaged ownership rather than absent.

Naturally I  want everything out in the open and transparent, but understand that delay, they have bought some time. Won't last forever for me personally, but OK for now. I do not know if they have aspirations to own the whole shebang, I'l be happy enough if they do, but until somone comes along to offer all it all, they are the better option of the two we know about.

18 minutes ago, singe said:

I didn't deliberately leave that out, I took it as a given, and emphasised the key words. They clearly then reached agreement to operate in the meantime-which I took ahead of schedule but can't really argue if you took it another way that's up to each person. Agree it could have been better worded.

I'm not disagreeing about the division of the fans, that is abundantly clear. An overwhelming majority inside and outside OWTB do not support the owner, be it neutral or support the FLG. This is measured by polls, and comments IMHO.

We are where we are.

The owner had a chance to bring all into one. The owner still has that opportunity, as the FLG are on record that they will step aside if he wants. For whatever reason, be it lack of funds or toys out of the pram dealing with people who he perceives have crossed him, he cannot.
So he is a dead end at the moment. Going nowhere in amalgamation terms, and I  cannot understand anyone who wants everything under one ownership supporting the owner.

I support the FLG because they are local, passionate proven Latics fans and it brings the ownership of the stadium to a local based engaged ownership rather than absent.

Naturally I  want everything out in the open and transparent, but understand that delay, they have bought some time. Won't last forever for me personally, but OK for now. I do not know if they have aspirations to own the whole shebang, I'l be happy enough if they do, but until somone comes along to offer all it all, they are the better option of the two we know about.

I agree with pretty much everything you say here. 

Some new news/an update would certainly help.  Not on the relationship with the owner... we know about that.  An update on progress on their main aim. 

Right now, it appears, fans are happily handing cash over in hospitality bars to a company owned by Simon Blitz in a stand owned by Simon Blitz.  I simply won’t do that until the picture is more clear.  The funds being collected may be ring fenced of course... but I haven’t seen that detail. 

On 8/14/2019 at 6:38 PM, wiseowl said:

This person expressed their love for the club and closed by saying that they genuinely feared for our existence beyond this season and said "..seriously, tell the fans that they must unite because, if not, the Latics will be dead in the water soon."

In their opinion - 95% of the club's problems were down to one issue - its current ownership.

A couple of my usual critics slagged me off for the post in which these 2 sentences were contained. 

Keep a close eye on it fellas - the former insider (probably more "Latics" than any of us) who told me was being very, very serious when he said it.

23 hours ago, wiseowl said:

A couple of my usual critics slagged me off for the post in which these 2 sentences were contained. 

Keep a close eye on it fellas - the former insider (probably more "Latics" than any of us) who told me was being very, very serious when he said it.

How does ‘fans uniting’ help? 

Just now, wiseowl said:

kowenicki - I have you down as one of the more intelligent posters - is that a serious question?

Yes. It is. 

Fans where/are united at Wimbledon, Bury, at Bolton, and at Blackpool. 

For all the talk and plans of utopia via a Phoenix, in the end end it takes someone with cash to rescue a club.  Fans ultimately achieved nothing in any of those examples above.  Blackpool would be where they were but for the foreign ex owner successfully suing Oyston. 

Our owner doesn’t own the ground, that is a significant blessing should shit and fan collide. 

24 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Yes. It is. 

Fans where/are united at Wimbledon, Bury, at Bolton, and at Blackpool. 

For all the talk and plans of utopia via a Phoenix, in the end end it takes someone with cash to rescue a club.  Fans ultimately achieved nothing in any of those examples above.  Blackpool would be where they were but for the foreign ex owner successfully suing Oyston. 

Our owner doesn’t own the ground, that is a significant blessing should shit and fan collide. 

Not sure on the blessing myself, It's probably just me but does anybody get the thought that Corney with "help" of the other 2 tw*ts sold to A.L, knowing that he had the capability of running us into the ground and with lack of funds, in turn sending us under, so they can take all the land without being in control? So not get as scrutinised (as much) as when they ran the club. I'm sure they have said they want completely out of anything to do with Oldham, way of doing it without getting there hands (as) dirty. Could well have been discussed to death on this forum but watching the cricket and trying to figure out which of all the possible ways this is going to go for my/our club. 

Help is in inverted commas as Im sure there not on great terms. 

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

So we now have knowledge that both Brassbank and OEC are under notice at Companies House as they have both been served with compulsory strike off notices for failure to submit accounts that are overdue.  

This may be all part of a cunning plan (or piss poor admin), but I certainly think an update is in order for the supporters from FLG/Blitz 

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09484918/filing-history

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04919679/filing-history

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

So we now have knowledge that both Brassbank and OEC are under notice at Companies House as they have both been served with compulsory strike off notices for failure to submit accounts that are overdue.  

This may be all part of a cunning plan (or piss poor admin), but I certainly think an update is in order for the supporters from FLG/Blitz 

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09484918/filing-history

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04919679/filing-history

Mmmm.... I think the update is more Blitz's responsibility than the FLG's..... but it certainly is puzzling. Blitz is many things but he isn't an incompetent donkey..... so I'm concerned there is a cunning [& unpleasant] plan at hand..... I just can't fathom out what it is.

Is the ACV secure if Brassbank are struck off? I don't see a likely outcome being Brassbank's assets ending up in the hands on the Crown.

Archived