Joe Royle Stand and the OEC

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jsslatic said:

For the second home Saturday running, the food in the fans bar was the highlight of the afternoon.

Enjoying the set up in there. Well done and keep it up guys (if you're reading).

Is this the bar in the north stand? I haven’t been yet, does it get busy and is there any lunch time football on? I’ll start giving it a go if it’s decent.

7 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7417073/ON-ROAD-Oldham-holding-fear-flickers.html

I see the Mail have caught up on the BrassBank and OEC strike off.  Not written by Mike though this time... and he hasn’t liked the story on Twitter.  Odd. 

“We will survive”

👍

13 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7417073/ON-ROAD-Oldham-holding-fear-flickers.html

I see the Mail have caught up on the BrassBank and OEC strike off.  Not written by Mike though this time... and he hasn’t liked the story on Twitter.  Odd. 

Not a great start to the article saying we dropped to 22nd....

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, singe said:

Signed "Brandsmiths"
As if they are a Mr/Mrs/Ms. Deary me

That's what law firms do. 

I have no idea of the merits or otherwise of what they are saying /implying but I'd be interested in the views/responses of the only person who was a member of the board then and still is today. 

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

That's what law firms do. 

I have no idea of the merits or otherwise of what they are saying /implying but I'd be interested in the vuews/responses of the only person who was a member of the board then and still is today. 

Ah. I defer. I thought that was regarded poor form, because of who is Simon going to reply to? Dear Brandsiths!

46 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I have no idea of the merits or otherwise of what they are saying /implying but I'd be interested in the views/responses of the only person who was a member of the board then and still is today. 

This an interesting letter that raises a number of concerns and questions regarding the sale/surrender of the Joe Royle Stand.

I look forward to the response with interest.

2 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

This an interesting letter that raises a number of concerns and questions regarding the sale/surrender of the Joe Royle Stand.

Out of interest who did the due diligence when Abdallah purchased the club? Surely not the same lawyers responsible for this 'leaked' letter. 

For what it's worth though my opinion is this issue has been conveniently put out there to try and deflect from the car crash that the football team has become, it's no surprise to anyone that anything OEC/TTA/Brassbank is a little murky shall we say and if you were going to just buy the badge so to speak agreements in place with the landlord would of been covered with a fine tooth comb during due diligence, I'm no fan of TTA but I suspect they invested heavily in the OEC to just get it operational, does AL really think he should be handed the keys because Corney sold him the club for a pound? 

19 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Which is what everyone should be saying really... I’m a little bit surprised certain people have suddenly become apologists for TTA, having spent years slagging off them and the North Stand situation. 

It might all all be fine of course.  These are just questions from a lawyer which are easily answered if it’s all legit. 

So who else will have had this?  Corney, Brooke, who else? 

10 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Which is what everyone should be saying really... I’m a little bit surprised certain people have suddenly become apologists for TTA, having spent years slagging off them and the North Stand situation. 

It might all all be fine of course.  These are just questions from a lawyer which are easily answered if it’s all legit. 

So who else will have had this?  Corney, Brooke, who else? 

Barry. 

Archived